R116 Release Notes - (12/19/16)

Comments

• Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    "A dark obsession!" The exclamation point adds excitement to the statement, meaning the character is excitable and energetic. Obsession is a perfume fragrance, so this is likely a girl. And dark is a property of light, so this is an energetic girl that works with light. It's Dazzler time!

You do realize that she is part of the X-Men and won't be in this game?

Do you mean, besides 4 Wolverines, Colosssus, 2 Magnetos, Mystique, 2 Jean Greys, 2 Cyclops, Beast, Prof X, X-23, Deadpool, Iceman, Psylocke, *gasps for air* Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?

Please don't tell me we're actually going to have to go through this again.

It's simply amazing isn't it?
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    "A dark obsession!" The exclamation point adds excitement to the statement, meaning the character is excitable and energetic. Obsession is a perfume fragrance, so this is likely a girl.

You do realize that she is part of the X-Men and won't be in this game?

Do you mean, besides 4 Wolverines, Colosssus, 2 Magnetos, Mystique, 2 Jean Greys, 2 Cyclops, Beast, Prof X, X-23, Deadpool, Iceman, Psylocke, *gasps for air* Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?

I don't think so. You posted a statement, I provided hard evidence that refuted it. There's... really nowhere else to go?

You obviously haven't read the other million+ posts about the X-Men/Mutant ban. All those guys were in the game before the ban. Disney refuses to market anything they do NOT own 100% of, that came from their CEO in an interview.
  • Where's the update? Last week the update released on Monday.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Dark obsession. As in obsessed with something dark. What is dark? The darkness of Death. Literally, there is a Marvel Universe character called Death. Who is obsessed with her the most? Why Deadpool, of course! And which character are the devs most obsessed with making themselves? New 5 star Deadpool confirmed!
    A new Deadpool? Oh! I made up one in Speculation and Concepts some time ago. This will be the 2 star Deadpool, X-Men Origins version!
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone
    - Players earn 2 XP for each Versus match they play.[/list]

That's a huge change. You probably should have started off with that!

Edit: Now that I think about it, as a PvE player it takes 6 clears to get 10 XP while PvP it will only be 5 matches to earn 10 XP. I would love to earn 2pts per PvE match without needing to fully clear it
    Yeah, 2XP per one PvE node repeat would be awesome.
    And about PvP... nice change but not nessessary - PvP is too generous even without XPs... better improve 7 day PvE loot.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    It could be Night Hawk, Mosaic, or another variant since they seem to love to do that for whatever reason. It's not going to be an X-Men until Marvel and Fox settle their freaking differences. Marvel/Disney just need to cave and buy out whatever Fox is asking, lord knows they can afford it. It's probably not going to be Thanos since he in early interviews was said that he would be a Boss event. He is a boss type character so I don't ever see him being playable. Could be a villain as well since we haven't had one in a good while. We really only have 2 Villain 4* Carnage and Wilson Fisk, so it would be about time to release a villain. Venom and Rhulk are anti-heroes plus have played on and off again heroes so I wouldn't consider them a true villain.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    notamutant wrote:
    Dark obsession. As in obsessed with something dark. What is dark? The darkness of Death. Literally, there is a Marvel Universe character called Death. Who is obsessed with her the most? Why Deadpool, of course! And which character are the devs most obsessed with making themselves? New 5 star Deadpool confirmed!

wasn't Thanos much more obsessed with Death than deadpool ever could be?

except that... didn't they say no new releases in December? Medusa was the last one for the year? Am I making that up?
  • damianc
    damianc Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I would love it to be Thanos. But I agree he would be more of a boss in a boss event. And perhaps we will only see that when the Avengers Infinity War movie is released.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I can't believe I'm the first person to say this, but there's an obvious item missing from this list:

Any sort of fix for the new max level button! icon_evil.gif
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    fanghoul wrote:
    I can't believe I'm the first person to say this, but there's an obvious item missing from this list:

Any sort of fix for the new max level button! icon_evil.gif

how about any sort of fix for any real problem in the game? They're just changing stuff for the sake of changing stuff, nothing got better. I have high hopes that something truly good happens around the holidays
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Crnch73 wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

wasn't Thanos much more obsessed with Death than deadpool ever could be?

except that... didn't they say no new releases in December? Medusa was the last one for the year? Am I making that up?
    Nope, they said no new release with previous patch. Nobody mentioned anything regarding the whole month.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

- Powers that increase the amount of AP required to activate a power will no longer increase it beyond the maximum AP a character can have.
    Galactus or Boss Rush incoming
    I want to expand on this, assuming hinted character will be awarded in a retooled Boss Rush to run during Christmas

I have 0 evidence to substantiate this claim other than the above note which effects ONE specific character interaction, Peggy Carter and Galactus
  • TCell
    TCell Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Zarathos?

José Zúñiga is kinda playing a watered down variation on that on Agents of SHIELD with his Eli Morrow character.

No complaints about a new villain.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    - Players earn 2 XP for each Versus match they play.
    I assume PLAY means WIN else this will be exploited to infinity
    Great, now the release will be delayed as they go back and fix the glaringly obvious oversight you've pointed out.
  • Where's the update? Last week the update released on Monday.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vicious0ne wrote:
    Where's the update? Last week the update released on Monday.

Updates are usually at least 2 weeks apart. The preview goes up this week, update should drop next week.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

- Powers that increase the amount of AP required to activate a power will no longer increase it beyond the maximum AP a character can have.
    Galactus or Boss Rush incoming
    I want to expand on this, assuming hinted character will be awarded in a retooled Boss Rush to run during Christmas

I have 0 evidence to substantiate this claim other than the above note which effects ONE specific character interaction, Peggy Carter and Galactus
    I have been thinking we will see a run of Gauntlet in the second half of the month.

A couple reasons: over 3 months from the last one, the winter holidays, and there are two 4* characters being added to tokens when the season starts on Thursday (I don't expect SCL 9 this soon, which only puts one of them in the season's SHIELD Training). If we have a Gauntlet incoming, having nodes with "Bosses" has happened before and I can see it happening again whenever it does run next now that several more were created in Boss Rush event.

The bigger question I have been wondering is how a new run of The Gauntlet would interact with SCLs. It would be an opportunity to have multiple 4* progression covers in one event for SCL 7/8.
  • udonomefoo wrote:
    Vicious0ne wrote:
    Where's the update? Last week the update released on Monday.

Updates are usually at least 2 weeks apart. The preview goes up this week, update should drop next week.

Thank you
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Phaentom wrote:

You obviously haven't read the other million+ posts about the X-Men/Mutant ban. All those guys were in the game before the ban. Disney refuses to market anything they do NOT own 100% of, that came from their CEO in an interview.
    Wait, so... we wont see new x-men characters in game? :O
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Nothing about the 5* Hulk fix?