MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2016 Edition *Updated (12/23/2016)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby, can we get an update to the Weekly Buffs section today (for the week starting this Thursday, 12/22)?

And could you verify with Demiurge if the weekly buffs will apply to the Galactus Hungers event that starts Thursday? Boss events usually have their own boosted lists... if it does differ and we can get the buffed character list for Galactus in advance too that would be awesome.

... and the rewards scheme for Galactus Hungers?

... and confirm whether Galactus Hungers will have alliance progressions, as on all previous runs of Galacatus Hunger, or will it have been "Boss Rushed" into a solo event?

... and please describe any other changes made to the Galactus Hungers event design, if any? It's been awhile since we all took a hard stare from the man in the purple hat ...

EDIT to add PS -- 5 or 10 XP for each win vs a boss would be a nice touch. These are "Story" mode events, so no XP unless rewards are exhausted on a node, including the boss node? Or any XP at all?
    icon_eek.gif I'll update it with as much information as I have

*(12/20/16) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4* - Venom (Agent Venom), Iceman, Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Nick Fury, Peggy Carter

It's going to be a bloodbath! Iceman and HB everywhere. Not sure if it is worth swapping out HB for Peggy. Her blue is less useful with Iceman, but then again, stopping enemy Iceman with her yellow will be really important. Maybe climb with Iceman and HB and swap out HB for Peggy around 500.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    looks like thanos is the prize for galactus, i saw token page change picture.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do we know which event is after The Hunt?
    Because...I really need that Ghost Rider green in progression, and if it's a non-standard PvE I might cry...

Galactus Hungers (December 22)
    Unstable Iso-8 (December 25)

idk which will have Thanos release. but most likely Galactus.

Welp, looks like I might end up missing out on that Ghost Rider cover then 8I
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for posting the required essentials. Thats really helpful information especially since scl8 players can't see the next 2* essential prize. These are great little tweaks that makes the post much more informative in a central location
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade wrote:
    Thank you for posting the required essentials. Thats really helpful information especially since scl8 players can't see the next 2* essential prize. These are great little tweaks that makes the post much more informative in a central location

Agreed. Getting the info here in the sneak peeks is fantastic and great comms.

As an FYI: the Event threads always include rewards for each CL. So The Hunt thread you can check the lower levels for 2 star.png rewards.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If I understand your question, you should know that not everyone faces the same level of opposition. Someone with a level 15 roster theoretically faces opponents as difficult for them as the fights your roster faces for you.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    BTW, "Crash of the Mad Titan" is a fantastic play on "Crash of the Titans".
  • Brigby
    Options
    Phumade wrote:
    Glad you find it helpful! We've been working with Demiurge on how to improve communication with you guys, as well as taking ideas and suggestions from players, so it's great to hear you all enjoy these additions.
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    If I understand your question, you should know that not everyone faces the same level of opposition. Someone with a level 15 roster theoretically faces opponents as difficult for them as the fights your roster faces for you.
    Apologies. It appears that person was a spammer who posted tinypic links redirecting viewers elsewhere. Thank you for your willingness to help them though!

Also, if you're interested in more details regarding the holiday events and features, please check out the 2016 Holiday Events Details post here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56313
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Galactus Hungers (December 22)
    Unstable Iso-8 (December 25)

idk which will have Thanos release. but most likely Galactus.

Welp, looks like I might end up missing out on that Ghost Rider cover then 8I
    Yep. Punisher MAX is the Galactus prize. Therefore, PunMAX is progression in ISO 8. Oh well. (Could be wrong, but that should be how it plays.)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why has the naughty or nice pvp not started? It's most of the day through the 22nd now.
  • Brigby
    Options
    broll wrote:
    Why has the naughty or nice pvp not started? It's most of the day through the 22nd now.
    The Naughty or Nice event starts today at 8 PM EST. You can find the specific times here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56313
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    broll wrote:
    The Naughty or Nice event starts today at 8 PM EST. You can find the specific times here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56313

Thanks
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(12/23/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs

This is a long list that should cover all the events up until beginning of January. Hope this helps everyone plan their holiday play time! icon_e_smile.gif
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Powered up star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_punisher.png is nice, especially considering those 3 covers from Galactus plus the Double ISO means he will be champed in a few days for me icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    *(12/23/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs

This is a long list that should cover all the events up until beginning of January. Hope this helps everyone plan their holiday play time! icon_e_smile.gif

Bright, will you be playing MPQ during this Holiday season? Just ask your family to leave your dinner by your bedroom door lol icon_e_biggrin.gif

Thx again for the consistent communication
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you for updating so far ahead with previews! I love looking ahead, keep it up!
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Webslinger - Spider-Man (12/29/16) *New Update*
    Behold Thanos - Thanos (Modern) (1/1/17) *New Update*
    The 3* Spider-Man buff people with championed copies have been waiting for, early access to Thanos! Sigh.
  • inadreves1
    inadreves1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    (12/29/16 - 1/05/17) *New Update*
    4* - Invisible Woman, Luke Cage (Power Man), Punisher (MAX), War Machine, Wolverine (X-Force)
    3* - Black Panther, Bullseye (Classic), Sam Wilson (Falcon), Iron Man (Model 40), Kamala Khan
    2* - Black Widow (Original), Steve Rogers (Captain America)
    1* - Storm (Modern), Venom (Dark Avengers)

In the Iso Brotherhood preview, Carnage is buffed instead War Machine
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    inadreves1 wrote:
    (12/29/16 - 1/05/17) *New Update*
    4* - Invisible Woman, Luke Cage (Power Man), Punisher (MAX), War Machine, Wolverine (X-Force)
    3* - Black Panther, Bullseye (Classic), Sam Wilson (Falcon), Iron Man (Model 40), Kamala Khan
    2* - Black Widow (Original), Steve Rogers (Captain America)
    1* - Storm (Modern), Venom (Dark Avengers)

In the Iso Brotherhood preview, Carnage is buffed instead War Machine

Ugh yes. And this after i just champed WM instead of Spidergwen whom i had 6 covers for.