MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2016 Edition *Updated (12/23/2016)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(12/012/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    Options
    so is Strang3 first in the next rotation or last in this one?
    I have Purple at 5 and Yellow at 2
    I said it before BFF would work better if the BFF's are only buffed when used together
    but just realized I'll be getting that 13th Quicksilver Cover and won't have to sell another Green or Black (5/2/5)
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    *(12/012/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies

Can we get an update on up coming PVE? Given we are in hulk would be nice to know what up as that finishes?

Thanks
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    alphabeta wrote:

Can we get an update on up coming PVE? Given we are in hulk would be nice to know what up as that finishes?

Thanks

Let's baselessly speculate. I'll say Heroic:Dark Avengers and/or The Hunt.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I said it before BFF would work better if the BFF's are only buffed when used together
    but just realized I'll be getting that 13th Quicksilver Cover and won't have to sell another Green or Black (5/2/5)

I imagine Strange is the last one in this rotation since he's newer. They tended to add new characters to the end of a rotation, with the odd exception of Bullseye being the last 3* character, but 21st in the DDQ rotation.

I'm really hoping they give us Strange's first power. It feels like his purple was easiest to get and I also have it at 5. Mine's at 3/5/4 and I already sold one purple because I didn't get a single other cover for him within 2 weeks.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really hoping Strange blue is first in the rotation (I'm at 1/4/4 currently).
    This would make sense, wasn't blue the least awarded in his event/vaults?
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Really hoping Strange blue is first in the rotation (I'm at 1/4/4 currently).
    This would make sense, wasn't blue the least awarded in his event/vaults?

sadly there is logical reason for any of his covers to be given.

Blue - first time strange has been part of the DDQ could start on top.
    purple - He is at the end of the rotation that was giving out the middle covers
    yellow- he is also at the start of the rotation that is giving out the third covers

@_@

I am fully expecting purple though as it's clear the dev's know it is his most useless skill and thus they feel the need to constantly give it away lol.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A suggestion/request: Please remove past events as new ones are added. It keeps the post cleaner and more useful, as relevant information is quicker to find.

Thank you for continuing to provide updates!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    alphabeta wrote:
    Can we get an update on up coming PVE?
    Yes. Now that I've received info from the team regarding the upcoming events, I will update the post. Thanks for being patient.

*(12/12/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs

And yes, you read that right. There are five 4* characters being buffed this time icon_e_wink.gif
  • IlyaF
    IlyaF Posts: 47
    Options
    IM40 PVP is Heavy Metal, not Big Bangs Theory.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A heroic with WS, KP, IM40, DD available
    I can work with that

Curious though, Fury is on the boost list but will be essential for Juggernaut Heroic. Kind of defeats the 5x boosted 4 star.png
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Big Bangs Theory - Iron Man (Model 40) (12/15/16) *New Update*

IM40/Medusa mashup character confirmed!
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is Nick Fury supposed to be on the boosted list? He's already the essential for the next heroic, I don't think I've ever seen someone be boosted as well as essential at the same time.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Figures

The week they boost 3* strange is the same week as a roster restricted heroic. Here to praying that strange is on the 3* character list
  • PurdyPrince
    PurdyPrince Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options

I imagine Strange is the last one in this rotation since he's newer. They tended to add new characters to the end of a rotation, with the odd exception of Bullseye being the last 3* character, but 21st in the DDQ rotation.

I'm really hoping they give us Strange's first power. It feels like his purple was easiest to get and I also have it at 5. Mine's at 3/5/4 and I already sold one purple because I didn't get a single other cover for him within 2 weeks.

Technically 3* Strange is the last in the rotation where he is right now. Way back when DDQ first began Black Panther always started the rotation and it ended with Kamala I think. As they rolled more 3*s each new one was added on to the end of the list keeping the 5-day weekly rotation constantly in flux with 3* star Vision ending the list (the exception is Bullseye as you said being the final official 3*). Even though BP was first he was never at the top of the list. It just happened to work out that the final 3* made each week divisible by 5. Black Panther starts the rotation and Vision ends it so they added Strange behind him.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    [...]
    4* - Ghost Rider, Kingpin, Nick Fury, Sam Wilson (Captain America), Winter Soldier
    [...]
    5x 4* - is that a new standard?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smoq84 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    [...]
    4* - Ghost Rider, Kingpin, Nick Fury, Sam Wilson (Captain America), Winter Soldier
    [...]

Could be a mistake, as Fury is the essential in the Juggernaut Heroic?

In other news, I'd hate to be a 1* or early 2* player in that Heroic. 3/4 boosted characters for the week are Dark Avengers. You'd be relying on the reinforcements, assuming that 2* Hawkeye plus whatever minimally-covered 3* & 4* characters you have could even unlock the subs.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:
    Can we get an update on up coming PVE?
    Yes. Now that I've received info from the team regarding the upcoming events, I will update the post. Thanks for being patient.

*(12/12/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs

And yes, you read that right. There are five 4* characters being buffed this time icon_e_wink.gif

Thank you - appreciated
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:

Could be a mistake, as Fury is the essential in the Juggernaut Heroic?
    Looks intentional, based on Brigby's update comment:
    Brigby wrote:
    It doesn't happen often, but I do remember multiple times where the essential 3* in a story event was one of the weekly buffed characters. So it isn't unheard of -- just mildly disappointing that it happens to be during a Heroic, where we could have finally had 6 boosted 4*s instead of 5... but hey, I'll take it if it means we will always have five 4*s buffed weekly. We're more than due for it, since we are past the number of characters when they expanded the number of boosted 3*s from four to five per week.
    ZootSax wrote:
    In other news, I'd hate to be a 1* or early 2* player in that Heroic. 3/4 boosted characters for the week are Dark Avengers. You'd be relying on the reinforcements, assuming that 2* Hawkeye plus whatever minimally-covered 3* & 4* characters you have could even unlock the subs.
    Well, Heroics have always sucked for 2* players. I always viewed them as incentives for players to build bigger rosters.

Many would argue that Heroics in general suck. Personally, I enjoy them when it's a group of characters that play well together. And IM40 with Nick Fury and either Ghost Rider or Captain Falcon actually sounds pretty fun.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    1st season event should be thor, best friends forever gives thor covers.