MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2016 Edition *Updated (12/23/2016)

Options

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mikelnoe wrote:
    1st season event should be thor, best friends forever gives thor covers.

was thinking the same thing
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IM40 and Dr. Strange are buffed for Juggernaut: Heroic. Jackpot! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    looks like my champed Ghost Rider and Nick Fury, with interchangable IM40 or Strange is going to be my default team for Heroic icon_lol.gif

or if i really want to keep a stun chain going, DD and Falcap icon_lol.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why is xpool boosted for juggs heroic? Because fury is bith boosted and featured?
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also where is IM40? Looks like blade instead - lame
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    alphabeta wrote:
    IM40 should be starting tomorrow evening.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:
    Not in the event preview, IM40 out, Blade in
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's a real shame it's Blade instead of IM40 since it's a heroic. Going to make this more of a chore than I had expected.
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(12/15/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus, and Story events
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

The weekly buff list is wrong. Heavy Metal pvp is probably wrong too since Thor is the reward for BFF.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:

Didn't mean the PVP event

In your list of weekly boosted characters there is IM40 - therefore he should be available for Juggernaut Heroic. In game he isn't it's blade instead. I'd suggest therefore the weekly boosted list posted at the top of this event is wrong which is a shame as IM40 in a heroic would have been very useful.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

I see The Hunt as the next PvE.. this can only mean.. new character release right?
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm in H Juggs now and XFDP (4*) is present (and boosted) in both the main event and first sub, which wasn't listed in the weekly buffs.

Looking at the IM40/Blad3 confusion, I'm wondering if Nick Fury is just an essential 4* for this event, and not part of the weekly buffs. I guess we'll find out when the preview for the first PvP event (with buff list) goes live.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I see The Hunt as the next PvE.. this can only mean.. new character release right?
    No new character in R115 patch icon_e_wink.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SolidQ wrote:
    No new character in R115 patch icon_e_wink.gif

There will be a new character PvE next week Thursday night. At least based on timing. Since it isn't in the current PvE, it is either the PvE starting on Monday night or Thursday night. It will have been at least 2 weeks since last new character by then.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Thanks for bringing up the Blade/IM40 discrepancy. Turns out there were some last minute changes to the lineup. I've gone ahead and updated the document.

*(12/15/16) Brigby - Removed Nick Fury and Iron Man (Model 40) from Weekly Buffs. Added Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) and Blade (Daywalker)
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IM40 is great no doubt, but Blade when also using a buffed Dr. Strange is fantastic in this event.
    Since few opponents use red, Blade quickly adds strikes to the board, adding to Strange's Flames, for tons of extra damage per turn.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While you guys are tweaking the lineups you need to take into account who the villains are in the story. It's a Heroic event with a limited roster and one of the 4*s we're supposed to be able to use is the villain in half of the nodes this sub! It's especially bad since Kingpin is an older 4* and probably one of the most covered in that list by the player base.

Stop giving us boosted characters that we can't use. OK, Wolverine in EotS can't be helped, but the rest shouldn't be that hard to check.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    Stop giving us boosted characters that we can't use.

I was also feeling the annoyance of having Kingpin locked out. But imagine being a new player (if such a thing still exists) and seeing Juggernaut as one of only two available 1* in. . . Juggernaut Heroic. Seems like a real no-brainer to keep that one from happening.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    stowaway wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    Stop giving us boosted characters that we can't use.

I was also feeling the annoyance of having Kingpin locked out. But imagine being a new player (if such a thing still exists) and seeing Juggernaut as one of only two available 1* in. . . Juggernaut Heroic. Seems like a real no-brainer to keep that one from happening.
    The Juggernaut thing I thought was a bit odd (IM35 would have made more sense)