MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2016 Edition *Updated (12/23/2016)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(12/18/16) Brigby - Updated Versus events
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With the Hunt ending on the 22nd I fear that a new cover release will happen over Christmas. Please do not do this. Many of us will be spending time with family and would rather not be looking at the clock to run an event. Wait until after Christmas.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We're due a new 5*, so I'm pulling for that being the Thursday release.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Arphaxad wrote:
    With the Hunt ending on the 22nd I fear that a new cover release will happen over Christmas. Please do not do this. Many of us will be spending time with family and would rather not be looking at the clock to run an event. Wait until after Christmas.

Completely agree and quote your post.
    Last year was too painful with Venom Bomb and the release of a new character on Xmas Eve. But we had also a new character's release on Thanksgiving (Ghost Rider and HoD) while this year the new relese has been postponed to the following week....So we can only hope that the new release will be after Xmas between december 26 and 30 icon_e_smile.gif

Are we asking too much? Please let us have our family holiday icon_e_wink.gif

Thank You icon_razz.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arphaxad wrote:
    New releases stop for NOTHING!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby, the Sneak Peek is getting bloated. If it's not a policy to keep the information, would you please delete information that has expired (events, boosted characters)?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Brigby, the Sneak Peek is getting bloated. If it's not a policy to keep the information, would you please delete information that has expired (events, boosted characters)?

It's not bloated enough.. where is the info on Thanos?!

Brigby could hide the expired events. This way the information is still available for historical purposes. I work in HR, we don't like deleting stuff lol
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:

Brigby could hide the expired events. This way the information is still available for historical purposes. I work in HR, we don't like deleting stuff lol
    I expect Thanos event info should show up in a couple days, and hopefully show everything up to a couple days after the weekend. Events aren't supposed to start until Thursday, so it wouldn't be surprising if the site didn't update info until Wednesday.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:

I've gone ahead and hidden older content in order to de-clutter the post. I've also included more information regarding Thanos. Thanks for the great ideas, you two!

*(12/18/16) Brigby - Added link to Thanos article, and condensed post by hiding content that's a week old or longer
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    WEBGAS wrote:
    Arphaxad wrote:

Completely agree and quote your post.
    Last year was too painful with Venom Bomb and the release of a new character on Xmas Eve. But we had also a new character's release on Thanksgiving (Ghost Rider and HoD) while this year the new relese has been postponed to the following week....So we can only hope that the new release will be after Xmas between december 26 and 30 icon_e_smile.gif

Are we asking too much? Please let us have our family holiday icon_e_wink.gif

Thank You icon_razz.gif

What is a family holiday for some is extra free time for others. I enjoy having the events on holidays since I generally have a little more free time from work to play during.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Will the classic Legendary Token finally be split into two, bringing us away from infinitesimally small chances of pulling 5*?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Peej13 wrote:
    Will the classic Legendary Token finally be split into two, bringing us away from infinitesimally small chances of pulling 5*?
    WHAAATTTT??? You still have cumulative 15% chance of drawing A 5 star.png

Sure your chances of pulling a specific 5 star.png are.............
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hey old stuff is hidden. That actually makes a lot of sense for a historical account of events. Cool! Keep up the great job Brigby!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do we know which event is after The Hunt?
    Because...I really need that Ghost Rider green in progression, and if it's a non-standard PvE I might cry...
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do we know which event is after The Hunt?
    Because...I really need that Ghost Rider green in progression, and if it's a non-standard PvE I might cry...

Galactus Hungers (December 22)
    Unstable Iso-8 (December 25)

idk which will have Thanos release. but most likely Galactus.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's no place to discuss 3 thanos but could you guys just change those numbers before releasing him on that passive.

Otherwise why even roster him.

https://news.marvel.com/wp-content/uplo ... tDeath.jpg

Currently if he's ever the featured for a enemy of the state 3 star wave node, he'd kill your team before it's over, 3 star team and under.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Currently if he's ever the featured for a enemy of the state 3 star wave node, he'd kill your team before it's over, 3 star team and under.
    Fortunately he's a villain. Currently no story event in which villains are featured (Prodigal Sun, Simulator, Gauntlet, Deadpool vs MPQ) has wave nodes.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Piro_plock wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Fortunately he's a villain. Currently no story event in which villains are featured (Prodigal Sun, Simulator, Gauntlet, Deadpool vs MPQ) has wave nodes.

Well then he's just really bad. icon_lol.gif

Didn't realize that the characters boosted were based on whether they were heros or villains, but then again i skip past just about all dialogue.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby, can we get an update to the Weekly Buffs section today (for the week starting this Thursday, 12/22)?

And could you verify with Demiurge if the weekly buffs will apply to the Galactus Hungers event that starts Thursday? Boss events usually have their own boosted lists... if it does differ and we can get the buffed character list for Galactus in advance too that would be awesome.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's been awhile since we all took a hard stare from the man in the purple hat ...

Speak for yourself. I get one every day when I roll into work at 8:21.