MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2016 Edition *Updated (12/23/2016)

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://news.marvel.com/games/55615/pie ... st-medusa/

Medusa coming as a 4* this weekend.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Yes, 4thor is boosted. No more hiding behind your 5* rosters anymore. Even those guys are game. It's going to be a rocky week for me (scores going up and down much more than before). 4thor is great for offense but people love to attack her because the ai doesn't know how to use her.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, Hearts of Darkness next. The Prodigal Sun top prizes are IM40 and Jean Grey, so they'll be required for HoD, right? If I remember right the Legendary mission on last day is vs Professor X, Cyclops, and Jean Grey. Hopefully, that mission has a different line-up for this run.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't bet on it.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 wrote:
    So, Hearts of Darkness next. The Prodigal Sun top prizes are IM40 and Jean Grey, so they'll be required for HoD, right? If I remember right the Legendary mission on last day is vs Professor X, Cyclops, and Jean Grey. Hopefully, that mission has a different line-up for this run.

No chance unfortunately
  • zodiac339
    Ah, the positive spirit of the forum: Positive that Devs won't realize there's an obvious problem.
    On the other hand, at least everyone will be locked out of that mission that day. Then again, another story with wave missions, so unreasonably high progress due to point miscalculation again?
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 wrote:

From the event thread:

"We asked a dev about it on the Discord chat. He said that when Iceman was an essential a few runs ago, they had changed the node from icon_professorx.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_iceman.png to icon_professorx.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_jeangrey.png
    He confirmed it will revert back to the original team now that Jean Grey is an essential."
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby, can we get an update to this today? Thanks!

Forumites: I keep track of upcoming events in a tab of my roster spreadsheet. If you're interested, you can access it by clicking on the Roster in my signature and clicking on the Upcoming tab at the top of the page.

I track the upcoming PVP and PVE events and weekly buffed characters (updated from these Sneak Peek updates) and I color code the events based on the weekly buffed list, so I know which characters correspond to each event. It currently looks like this:

Da4cdKF.png

Most of the information comes from these Sneak Peek articles, but I also add in the 900 progression reward (sometimes just an expected one, based on the rotation) and the essential characters for each PVE (based on the placement rewards for each event). I also add in info when I can figure it out from sources other than the Sneak Peek... for example, I know the next PVP after Quicksilver will be She-Hulk (since she is in the placement rewards) and the dates of Medusa's debut PVP event were in the Marvel.com article, so I have that on the spreadsheet too.

I keep it updated and use it frequently, so I thought I'd share in case others would like it too.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Edit: Apologies for the confusion. Yes, I can update it with this weekend's events.
  • Brigby
    *(12/02/16) Brigby - Added link to Medusa's Character Discussion thread
  • zodiac339
    Brigby wrote:
    Apologies for the inconvenience, but we usually only update it on Mondays. The reason for this is so we have a consistent schedule, and this also allows the developers the sufficient amount of time each week to solidify decisions for events before the weekend.

Thanks for understanding.
    But we're going into the weekend, and the next PVE will start before Monday. She Hulk's PVP should too, and the Savory round of Deadpool's Daily as well.
  • Brigby
    *(12/02/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus, and Story events
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like how you red tagged the new updates. that makes the post much more readable. Txs!

Only other suggestion is to either put a empty line or ============

to indicate where the season break begins and ends. But otherwise this is the most important thread that all players read no matter what tier they play in
  • Brigby
    *(12/05/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Versus and Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Yikes. That buffed list..me no likey. I'll forgive you if you hook us up with a nova vault so I can champ him this week icon_e_smile.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    Guess it's nova and Bobby this week. Aside from Nova that Boosted list is awful.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Guess it's nova and Booby this week. Aside from Nova that Boosted list is awful.

Nova and who? Motorboat!
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess it's nova and Booby this week. Aside from Nova that Boosted list is awful.

Yeah, I was just trying to figure out who to pair with him. Fist would be great if boosted, without it he's just a target. Bobby will work, but won't be fast.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Nothing wrong with that boost list that another year for regular players to cover those characters won't fix.

I'm just glad that's off-season, here's hoping all off-season events have their own boost list!

Looks like I'm using Cap40 for Medusa though X_X
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Wow every one of the upcoming boosted 4* has Red/Black abilities. Perhaps some variety in colour combinations next time? (Or now if it's not too late to change). Drax and Spiderwoman have the same colours while the 3rd for Nova and Blade are Yellow and Green respectively.