MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2016 Edition *Updated (12/23/2016)

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    First week I've lacked for a complete 4* from the boosted list in quite a while. Oh RNG...
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby, can we get an update to this today? Thanks!

Mainly we just need to know what the off-season Vs. events will be after Medusa's PVP. I'm guessing the first one might be Nefarious Foes (the 3* reward in Big Bangs Theory is Bullseye) but we are due for Earth's Mightiest and Black Vortex, I believe. Although I don't think anyone would say no to Combined Arms running again. icon_e_smile.gif
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing new in News for over a week. What secrets do they hide? No new character right now, but surely something's coming up.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby, can we get an update to this today? Thanks!

Mainly we just need to know what the off-season Vs. events will be after Medusa's PVP. I'm guessing the first one might be Nefarious Foes (the 3* reward in Big Bangs Theory is Bullseye) but we are due for Earth's Mightiest and Black Vortex, I believe. Although I don't think anyone would say no to Combined Arms running again. icon_e_smile.gif
    You guys are way too good at reading my mind. I literally was in the process of updating it when I saw your post. Haha

*(12/09/16) Brigby - Updated Versus and Story events
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is BFF's new PVE content?

I thought that was a horrible PVP experience? Or am I not remembering that right?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

UPCOMING STORY EVENTS
      Hearts of Darkness (12/01/16) Venom Bomb (12/04/16) The Hulk (12/08/16)
    Best Friends Forever (12/13/16) *New Update*

I believe Best Friends Forever should be under Versus not Story. Can you also find out if the devs changed BFF or will it work exactly the same as it was during Anniversary?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I believe Best Friends Forever should be under Versus not Story. Can you also find out if the devs changed BFF or will it work exactly the same as it was during Anniversary?
    That awkward moment when the PvE event is usually listed under the PvP one, but it was 2 PvP events this time. icon_e_confused.gif

I'll see what I can find out in regards to BFF.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess our feedback that BFF was the worst PVP event after BOP wasn't loud enough.
    at least this time it's off season so we can skip it.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    That awkward moment when the PvE event is usually listed under the PvP one, but it was 2 PvP events this time. icon_e_confused.gif

BFF is a good idea with a bad implementation. I'll give this event a whirl but I sincerely hope the devs came up with some new ideas on how to execute.

For the record, the event doesn't really encourge the preferred pairings. you could mix and match different pairs and still receive the same buffs.

I look forward to the BFF event that actually encourages specific pairings.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Phumade wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

BFF is a good idea with a bad implementation. I'll give this event a whirl but I sincerely hope the devs came up with some new ideas on how to execute.

For the record, the event doesn't really encourge the preferred pairings. you could mix and match different pairs and still receive the same buffs.

I look forward to the BFF event that actually encourages specific pairings.

I agree with this. If they can figure out a way to force the boosts with the correct specific pairings instead of just picking the 2 best boosted characters, then it becomes a much better event.

Edit: And more importantly, if they fix it so that it correctly uses the top two characters to determine scaling, instead of using your top 3 characters and scaling that to 2 characters (the last time it ran, if your top three characters averaged out to 250, then you would end up with boosted champed 4 stars in your queue because 750/2 is 375).
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    If BFF is ran the same way it was last time I'll be skipping. Terrible event and health pack suck.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was hoping that with the release of the 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer we were going to get some news today about Spider-Man rebalances on the horizon. Definitely for 3-star, but perhaps for 4-star too. THE DAY IS STILL YOUNG.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    If BFF is ran the same way it was last time I'll be skipping. Terrible event and health pack suck.
    I didn't enjoy it during Anniversary as well, and I'm saddened to realize that Cyclops' blue cover is due for the 900 progression during BFF. My 5/2/4 Cyc could really use that, but man that will not be a fun PVP if it's the same as last time.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Are those PvP events the right way around?

We're getting Bullseye rewards going into Earth's Mightiest?

Either Bullseye is shoehorned in because his number was up and there was nowhere else to go, or else it's BFF first with an Avenger 3* reward.

(For the record... I enjoyed BFF. Not even with 5* cheese teams, I was running Things. Feel free not to play and give me a clear field! :p )
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Just looked at this. Man, I hope there's no heroic next week, because that's a wretched set of 4*s. Yes, Nova is great, but the rest... ugh.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Just looked at this. Man, I hope there's no heroic next week, because that's a wretched set of 4*s. Yes, Nova is great, but the rest... ugh.
    Don't worry, there isn't a heroic. That list will run through all of The Hulk and then change. Which is fine, because the 3* boosts are pretty awful too (not really awful, but slow, and no synergy).
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Can we just change the BFF event name to 'OML/PHX Forever'?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    BFF is something that should be under "something the players never want to suffer through again". the implementation just doesn't work
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they fixed it?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they fixed it?

Will-Ferrell-Ron-Burgundy-Really-GIF_zps9f8e7edc.gif~c200