Fearless Defenders - 31.03 - 02.04

123457

Comments

  • beemand2g wrote:
    I feel bad for taking covers I don't need which are going to end up getting sold for ISO but with the need for alliance scores I have to do what I have to do.

    depending on the alliance size, it's pretty hard not to get the alliance cover. Now if you are in a 5 man alliance, I understand, but if you get your's up to 20 members, it's practically auto win.
  • I went home at lunch and found I didn't move at all - still #3 at 750. Now I can bring Hulk (who had been soft capped) back up a couple levels to rejoin the varsity squad. At least until they hit 92.
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    ^ Sorry for off-topic, Ben, I noticed that I pushed you out of top 25 in the latest Loki round, hope you got something extra nice out of the token instead? I am most often trying to place top 50 myself, but sometimes I'm just one-two points ahead of the desired placement. (Still needed that purple Loki though.)
  • FOADakaSquirrelBoyFOADakaSquirrelBoy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Red Hulk! Black Hulk! I am happy.
  • locked wrote:
    ^ Sorry for off-topic, Ben, I noticed that I pushed you out of top 25 in the latest Loki round, hope you got something extra nice out of the token instead? I am most often trying to place top 50 myself, but sometimes I'm just one-two points ahead of the desired placement. (Still needed that purple Loki though.)

    No big. I was really doing an experiment to see where I'd land - normally, when I go home for lunch and there's a lighting round, I fight the seed teams and tank, but I figured I'd give it a go with the time I had and - since my mmr might have gotten too low - see what that got me. A half-hour got me to ~297, and then I immediately had a 25 point defensive win, and this was at about 12:30-12:35, so knowing that that gets me to about the top 25 is helpful (I won't actually know until I get home from work).

    Purple Loki is actually my most-needed cover (I need 4 of them) but, assuming I got the token, there's a 5-in-12 chance it's useful - I need Rags Red, 2 Hood Yellows, Mag Red and 2 Purples, and 4 Loki Purples. If not, it's still 500 ISO.
  • Lol was shielded from an attack by Jachdo. I really need to work on my mmr. icon_e_wink.gif
  • NighteyesGrisuNighteyesGrisu Age Unconfirmed Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I went home at lunch and found I didn't move at all - still #3 at 750. Now I can bring Hulk (who had been soft capped) back up a couple levels to rejoin the varsity squad. At least until they hit 92.
    damn I should have hit you then icon_e_smile.gif

    I had 830 in the end and just barely managed to get 10th place :/
  • i-am-amish wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    I feel bad for taking covers I don't need which are going to end up getting sold for ISO but with the need for alliance scores I have to do what I have to do.

    depending on the alliance size, it's pretty hard not to get the alliance cover. Now if you are in a 5 man alliance, I understand, but if you get your's up to 20 members, it's practically auto win.

    Although I feel bad for selling covers the 500hp I received for the alliance winning makes me feel better that I got the points required. Now onto the wolverine PVP I am going all out as I am liking what my lazy cap is doing at present.
  • Finished at 28th(ish) in my bracket with a very modest score of 502. Didn't put much effort into this tourney for most of it, but woke up this morning and did a few matches to pull myself from 75ish up to around 15 and then just let it be with about 10 minutes left. I wasn't expecting to get top 25, but I wanted a Hulk cover. My alliance also finished top 50, so overall gettign the 2 covers was nice. My hulk is sitting at 4/1/4.

    Bring on the Patch!
  • beemand2g wrote:
    i-am-amish wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    I feel bad for taking covers I don't need which are going to end up getting sold for ISO but with the need for alliance scores I have to do what I have to do.

    depending on the alliance size, it's pretty hard not to get the alliance cover. Now if you are in a 5 man alliance, I understand, but if you get your's up to 20 members, it's practically auto win.

    Although I feel bad for selling covers the 500hp I received for the alliance winning makes me feel better that I got the points required. Now onto the wolverine PVP I am going all out as I am liking what my lazy cap is doing at present.

    oooohhhhh. Youre in that alliance lol
  • Lol yep that alliance, but really I felt bad for the guys in my bracket because looking at their teams most the guys in top 10 needed the hulk covers. They should really introduce a cover selling feature amongst players. I get the ISO whilst someone else gets the cover they desire.
  • Does guys in SHIELD ever stop talking about how they had no choice to take #1 even though nobody was even within 3000 rating points of their total score?

    Look, nobody hates you for winning #1, but all this crying about how you didn't mean to accidentally take #1 is getting old.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Does guys in SHIELD ever stop talking about how they had no choice to take #1 even though nobody was even within 3000 rating points of their total score?

    Look, nobody hates you for winning #1, but all this crying about how you didn't mean to accidentally take #1 is getting old.

    Actually I'll go one further on that, how about that they keep taking 1st place in villian LRs that they have fully covered as well?
  • Phantron expanding the list of things he'll cry about it.

    I'll break it down for you: because we cannot see whether our alliance members are shielded or not, we are forced to individually keep competing. Further, most of the alliance had shielded up well before the event ended. Many rushed to first, popped a shield, and then nobody ever came to challenge the position. That's on you, not us. We've won the last 2 PVP events by a combined maybe 600 in score? In both events? It is definitely possible for us to lose. Just because we all climbed the ladder early and parked ourselves there just in case doesn't change things. Blame your friends in other alliances for making us compete instead of gifting us 1st place. Or would that be too on the nose for you?

    Keep in mind that not everyone in SHIELD has fully covered 4* and we're just as entitled to the ISO/covers as anyone else.

    Ferrett: Until the game rewards us with tons of ISO for being awesome, you're going to see lots of competition in any event that generates a lot of ISO. LR's generate a lot of ISO. Also, LR's for two cover villains (Doom, Loki, Ragnarok) pay HP, while many people in the alliance need to respec their C Mag (top 2 finish required).

    Win instead of complaining.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Does guys in SHIELD ever stop talking about how they had no choice to take #1 even though nobody was even within 3000 rating points of their total score?

    Look, nobody hates you for winning #1, but all this crying about how you didn't mean to accidentally take #1 is getting old.

    Actually I'll go one further on that, how about that they keep taking 1st place in villian LRs that they have fully covered as well?

    The 3K point gap during this tourney, yes. For the previous 2 we had other alliances within 500 pts. of us where a 3-4K gap disappeared in the last 5 hours of the event. Want people to know I'm not doing it just for the extra ISO, as that would annoy me to be on the other end of. Not to be overtly parodoxical, but I'm not going to apologize for being courteous. icon_e_smile.gif

    As for LR, I know I personally pushed in a recent Mags round for a red to respec from 5/3/5. I have now discovered the joy of Patch plus C. Mags red spam. Others in our alliance chat have been pushing for that respec too. Outside of that, I've been ISO farming then dropping out. Not sure about the rest of the crew.

    /crying?
  • jozier wrote:
    Phantron expanding the list of things he'll cry about it.

    I'll break it down for you: because we cannot see whether our alliance members are shielded or not, we are forced to individually keep competing. Further, most of the alliance had shielded up well before the event ended. Many rushed to first, popped a shield, and then nobody ever came to challenge the position. That's on you, not us. We've won the last 2 PVP events by a combined maybe 600 in score? In both events? It is definitely possible for us to lose. Just because we all climbed the ladder early and parked ourselves there just in case doesn't change things. Blame your friends in other alliances for making us compete instead of gifting us 1st place. Or would that be too on the nose for you?

    Keep in mind that not everyone in SHIELD has fully covered 4* and we're just as entitled to the ISO/covers as anyone else.

    Ferrett: Until the game rewards us with tons of ISO for being awesome, you're going to see lots of competition in any event that generates a lot of ISO. LR's generate a lot of ISO. Also, LR's for two cover villains (Doom, Loki, Ragnarok) pay HP, while many people in the alliance need to respec their C Mag (top 2 finish required).

    Win instead of complaining.

    Keep in mind i understand where you're comming from and i congratulate you guys on your achievements. My point was simply if you're going do stuff like what i mentioned in LR's just own up to it rather then say on the fourms about how ya'll hate taking covers from x y or z .
    Lets be honest with ourselves. its REAL easy during the last 2-3mins of a tourney to toss up a tank team and retreat a few times till you're out of whatever covers you say you care about taking from others.

    Honestly i'm not trying to make enemies and dont overly care that it's happening but hypocrisy has always driven me nuts, and im sure you can see how it would be viewed as such.
  • jozier wrote:
    I'll break it down for you: because we cannot see whether our alliance members are shielded or not, we are forced to individually keep competing.

    I do not really want to get into the larger argument here, but let me say that I do not believe for one second that the members of your alliance do not communicate very, very well, so this bit here rings a bit untrue.
  • wathombe wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    I'll break it down for you: because we cannot see whether our alliance members are shielded or not, we are forced to individually keep competing.

    I do not really want to get into the larger argument here, but let me say that I do not believe for one second that the members of your alliance do not communicate very, very well, so this bit here rings a bit untrue.

    It's Wednesday during the work day. A lot of people snuck out to grind a bit or played late at night and none of which mentioned whether they were shielded. But shielding is actually something we are actively bad at communicating. We try and check to see if we're each shielded before attacking each other in PVP and often just have to skip because we can't wait long enough.

    This is a reverse tragedy of the commons situation. None of us wants to be the one responsible for our alliance not doing well, so we all compete and that results in more than enough score to win. But none of us operated as a group of 20 to trounce the next alliance, we all just wanted to contribute as much as we could because we've been close to losing in multiple PVP events, and this PVP event was clearly not as well participated in as the others.
  • PorkBellyPorkBelly Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Does guys in SHIELD ever stop talking about how they had no choice to take #1 even though nobody was even within 3000 rating points of their total score?

    Look, nobody hates you for winning #1, but all this crying about how you didn't mean to accidentally take #1 is getting old.

    Actually I'll go one further on that, how about that they keep taking 1st place in villian LRs that they have fully covered as well?

    Can't really disagree.

    I really don't understand going hard for covers that you already have.
  • wathombe wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    I'll break it down for you: because we cannot see whether our alliance members are shielded or not, we are forced to individually keep competing.

    I do not really want to get into the larger argument here, but let me say that I do not believe for one second that the members of your alliance do not communicate very, very well, so this bit here rings a bit untrue.

    No need to argue that point - We do communicate well when it comes to multi-day PvP and PvE and try to announce when we are shielded, although it's not possible for all of us to keep tabs on it when we play at different times, etc. We do have a few members who don't chat in our group, but the main reason I encourage my teammates to push is what I mentioned above. We've had leads evaporate to other groups pushing hard down the stretch (such as FittedKitchens icon_e_smile.gif ) so there we have to be more aggressive as individual players.

    LRs are another matter entirely. Our communication there has been less than stellar. In the C. Mags round mentioned above, I ended up in a race with both Jachdo and Shamusyeah for Top 2, so we hosed it on that one, lol. They're a bit more of a free for all. We don't meticulously track/co-ordinate on LRs like we do for other events - all the chatter I've seen has been people pushing for respec covers.

    We also have different approaches and philosophies towards the game. We line up as an alliance on strategy for most events, but some of us push for HP wherever it's available, while others ISO farm and bow out. I don't think either is "wrong" in the context of a competitive game, but we certainly don't walk in lockstep when it comes to LRs.
Sign In or Register to comment.