Fearless Defenders - 31.03 - 02.04

Options

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LOL, the guy at the top of my bracket already has Slightly-Less-**** Cap maxed at 3/5/5, level 100.

He still looks like dead weight.

I dunno about that. Repeatable adamantium slash is kind of a thing.

The only time I'm ever scared of countdown tiles is when I'm facing level 230 goons.
  • LOL, the guy at the top of my bracket already has Slightly-Less-**** Cap maxed at 3/5/5, level 100.

He still looks like dead weight.

I dunno about that. Repeatable adamantium slash is kind of a thing.

The only time I'm ever scared of countdown tiles is when I'm facing level 230 goons.

Most characters aren't scary on defense. It's the offense that matters.
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    Meh. Cap is ****, and no amount of gold dust they sprinkle on him will change that.
  • Suit yourself. Plenty of us see a nice place for him on a team.

3.5K damage every two turns? Not bad.
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    The countdowns are three turns.
  • Looks like you haven't figured out the ideal synergy for Mr. Rogers just yet my friend icon_e_wink.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meh. Cap is ****, and no amount of gold dust they sprinkle on him will change that.

Not even giving the guy a chance before dismissing him as ****, what a pessimistic way to view new characters, regardless of whether or not they're gold or not.
  • The countdowns are three turns.

Even at 3 I think the red power is awesome (well the blue too). That kind of damage, being able to place the tile wherever and on whatever I want, and getting most of the ap back... that just makes me smile.
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options

Not even giving the guy a chance before dismissing him as ****, what a pessimistic way to view new characters, regardless of whether or not they're gold or not.

Haha, I don't have the ISO to give the guy a chance! icon_razz.gif My pessimism may be more than a little affected by the fact that I'm a bit sick of the glut of new characters lately, and the gold ones really rub me the wrong way.

I'm glad you guys are so upbeat about him, there are just at least half a dozen more characters I'd rather get to max and play with. Good luck to you if you can get him up to a workable level!
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options

Haha, I don't have the ISO to give the guy a chance! icon_razz.gif My pessimism may be more than a little affected by the fact that I'm a bit sick of the glut of new characters lately, and the gold ones really rub me the wrong way.

I'm glad you guys are so upbeat about him, there are just at least half a dozen more characters I'd rather get to max and play with. Good luck to you if you can get him up to a workable level!

Whoa whoa whoa, lets not jump to conclusions: Lazycap's on a diet for now: all of my iso is going into his fat brother, lazythor. It doesn't mean that you can't give him some words of encouragement though! It looks like they aren't introducing a new character during this event, so we're free for a week icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • It looks like they aren't introducing a new character during this event, so we're free for a week icon_e_biggrin.gif

So what am I supposed to do with the 20k iso I'm going to get from these lightning rounds??? And a PVE rerun starting! Thor will literally burst if he eats anymore icon_e_surprised.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It looks like they aren't introducing a new character during this event, so we're free for a week icon_e_biggrin.gif

So what am I supposed to do with the 20k iso I'm going to get from these lightning rounds??? And a PVE rerun starting! Thor will literally burst if he eats anymore icon_e_surprised.gif

I see plenty of women and cats in your roster that need to eat, show them some love!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really undecided who to run for this iteration.

86 Lazy Thor ain't gonna scare away any of my fellow 141s, 92 Black Panther is a bit lowish as well, so OBW tanks way too many colours.

Stuck in maxed Patch / Punisher and BP, that should at least scare away anyone not running a maxed high octane offense.

Probably shouldn't have put all my ISO into Hood when I knew there was a fearless defenders tourney coming up, but oh well. He'll shine again soon enough.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Really undecided who to run for this iteration.

86 Lazy Thor ain't gonna scare away any of my fellow 141s, 92 Black Panther is a bit lowish as well, so OBW tanks way too many colours.

Stuck in maxed Patch / Punisher and BP, that should at least scare away anyone not running a maxed high octane offense.

Probably shouldn't have put all my ISO into Hood when I knew there was a fearless defenders tourney coming up, but oh well. He'll shine again soon enough.

Leveled Hood to 141 last event, and I regret nothing!
  • Hy Guys!

Do u check Leaderboard?
    The Best Alliance is SHIELD, got 8444pts???
    I saw the player rank:
    1st man got 614pts, 2nd 388, 3rd 380..10th 334. I count the scores, i expect 11th-20th also got 334...
    The best 20players have got maximum ~7300pts!! And the first ten player is not in SHIELD.
    How do they do this?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    There are brackets, each 200, 500, 1000 players who join an event at approximately the same time, get into the same bracket.

Edit: oh and Shield guys usually gain on average at least 700 pts by the end of a PvP event, it's usually 900 - 1200 even (depends on rewards).
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I briefly fielded Spider-Man, Thor** and Daredevil. It's actually fun and Daredevil often manages to pull Ambushes and Radar sense off, with the opponents including a plethora of red users and the AI often wanting environment. (Of course I have to stun Wolverine now and then so that he doesn't ruin Ambush accidentally with Claws.) Level 40 DD with 4 red covers crotch kicks for more than 2 000 damage. I will affectionately call him mHawkeye's older brother.
  • jaworeq
    jaworeq Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hey, I'm quite new to competitive side of MPQ, before I just chilled in prologue, used HP on increasing my 1* IM and a thousand of other mistakes.

Now my question is - PVP ends in like 28h from now, what is the point of playing it now (except for those 70/140 ISO for each victory)? I mean here, I have to sleep and by the time I wake up, I will drop in rating to ~200-300 anyway.
  • jaworeq wrote:
    Hey, I'm quite new to competitive side of MPQ, before I just chilled in prologue, used HP on increasing my 1* IM and a thousand of other mistakes.

Now my question is - PVP ends in like 28h from now, what is the point of playing it now (except for those 70/140 ISO for each victory)? I mean here, I have to sleep and by the time I wake up, I will drop in rating to ~200-300 anyway.

There's not much point playing early if you *can* play toward the end, win fast and shield up for good.

However there's way less play going early so you can rise faster and safer -- some people use it as jumping board playing up high and shield for long time. Then will need less work on shield exchange.

Under 500 the point loss is reduced (increasingly as you go down), so sitting unshielded around 400 or 300 makes perfect sense with a fair defensive team -- you may get man attacks but barely lose points -- and can collect fat retaliation chances that more than make it up. But for the same reasons pushing over 500 early unshielded is suboptimal play.
  • jaworeq wrote:

Depends on what your roster looks like. If you're just coming out of the prologue, you've probably got a 1* roster that's working on making the transition to 2*. In that case, PvP tournaments are all about getting the 70/140 ISO per victory, plus hitting the lower tiers of the progression rewards--the better placement rewards will come later. You *really* want the token at 300 points if you can get it; sometimes there is 50 HP at 500 points, when that shows up, that's your next goal. 500 points may be out of reach for a little while; I'd estimate you need to have a couple of decently leveled 2*s before that's a regular thing. If you know that you'll have some spare time to play during the last hour or two of the tournament, you can try for the 2* cover placement reward--OBW is the best of the 2*s, so any of her covers you can grab will help you progress.