Fearless Defenders - 31.03 - 02.04

Comments

• Clint wrote:
    YAY, Finally I get to achieve my dream of being the ONLY person I know who wants a 3/5/5 Hulk. Time will tell whether I am a moron or ahead of my time... either option has an equal chance of being correct.

I have 3/5/5 Hulk. I thought about respecing him to 5/3/5 but I figure shattering 3 more tiles at random is no better than the hope that Smash will miraculously do enough damage to kill someone.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    YAY, Finally I get to achieve my dream of being the ONLY person I know who wants a 3/5/5 Hulk. Time will tell whether I am a moron or ahead of my time... either option has an equal chance of being correct.

I have 3/5/5 Hulk. I thought about respecing him to 5/3/5 but I figure shattering 3 more tiles at random is no better than the hope that Smash will miraculously do enough damage to kill someone.

Yeah, however Green gives you a random chance of destroying the opponents strike tiles or countdown timers (or set you up so that you can clear it)...

Also, I always wait to clear my green before I use red (means i use red so much less).
  • I received my token and I got a yellow Classic Storm which I needed in order to max her covers. I never realized how easy it was to get there at the start of the tourney when you have a decent team.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Anyone know bracketing on this one? Or if alliances got bracketed?

*points hopefully to the 'feedback and suggestions' board...*
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    My Hulk is maxed, so the covers aren't a big deal. The ISO is needed far more.

I'll just get to 400-475 then get beat down for the insolence of fielding such a substandard team.

Rinse and repeat.

Way I see it, wins all around. I get some ISO and MMR reduction since it takes twice as many losses to lower than wins to raise. The community wins as I try to keep my points below the zero-sum stage exceeding 500.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    morphy wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Clint wrote:

Yeah, however Green gives you a random chance of destroying the opponents strike tiles or countdown timers (or set you up so that you can clear it)...

Also, I always wait to clear my green before I use red (means i use red so much less).

You should try red with 20+ green in the tank. Makes it a really pricey red, but can more than double the damage.
  • Oh yay, black hulk covers for Alliances only while green and red are there for individuals. Of all the covers to do that with, Hulk where basically everyone who's been around since the Hulk events has either 4 or 5 green already, red sucks and black is the one everyone actually wants.
  • Am i the only one here who has a 0/0/4 hulk?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    quikk wrote:
    Am i the only one here who has a 0/0/4 hulk?
    Totally the only one here on the forums.
  • locked wrote:
    quikk wrote:
    I believe this may be true.
  • Finally can get my hulk maxed out with that black cover! I knew saving that HP was a good idea! Too bad now it's taken so long to get it I have other maxed characters that I will prolly use over him so he can sit there at level 128 just waiting until the spidey nerf to come back and actually be useful hopefully.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    quikk wrote:
    I believe this may be true.
    Yep, I bet there's scores more like me with 4/0/0.

Fingers crossed I can finally snag a red and black.
  • Finally OBW, and all the rewards has the same color (which I don't need). Another easy skip.
  • My hulk been siting around with 5/3/0 for so long... i kinda of regretted not BUYING the 10 pack in the last hulk event (when hulk went around the world in 10 days)... guess i saved it when this tournament comes along....(whew!)
  • Guess I will be able to move my 5/5/3 hulk to a 5/4/4 (I don't use him, I just put the covers on him because I was tired of throwing away hulk green/red covers). I don't wanna leave alliance members hangin, but there is a good chance I tank this one between the hulk rewards, black being a alliance reward, and green xforce.

Would love some more xforce red/yellow but at this point I feel almost like giving up on his buff ever happening and instead figure out if human torch (if he is a 4****) is finally a character worthy of the moniker of the highest rarity. Getting human torch covers is a while different issue. I could buy 5 with saved hp but don't know if I want to throw that much at something given how bad you feel when you have to throw that cover out later on a knowing you wasted hp on them at that point). Maybe if it was ,say, deadpool 4**** and he had fun no es I would consider throwing some of that saved hp at a character just to lvl them up faster. Naah, I am just getting tired of sitting on iso to be honest. I keep throwing 10-15 lvls at random characters so the amount is only slowly going up..but its still going up.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Clint wrote:

The main difference I see is that you use hulk green while red is sitting on the bench.
  • quikk wrote:

I bet.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Great, Hulk rewards, finally I'll get that black cover!

... oh. That's the alliance reward, which I have no chance of getting due to carrying two (probably) inactive members of five. Which I can't check because there's no system in place to do so.

Please please please put alliances into brackets according to member size.

Agreed. I only need red and black covers. I don't think I'm motivated to fight for top ten for a red cover. My alliance isn't big enough to win a Hulk.

Guess I'll tank this event once I get the progression token. [Edit: Realised you don't spell "guess" with a q icon_razz.gif ]
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Clint wrote:

The "next level" text doesn't make it clear, but base green damage increases with covers as well.

I have 5/3/5 Hulk, and sometimes use his red situationally. If I have a nearly 30 green, and tile-smashing isn't currently needed or desirable, *and* there aren't >10 green on the board, I'll use red first. Otherwise, I try to use up most of my green before firing red when there's a low-green opportunity on the board.

I really enjoy Hulk, but you have to pick the right time to use both of his attacks, as opposed to a straight damage dealing attack like Black Panther's black or most of Thor's moves.
  • Clint wrote:

I've been running 355 since the start. You get more cascades with 5 green, but if you run a lot of special tiles, 5 green will destroy them. Smash is great at 5 though. It's not hard to avoid having over 10 green on the board, and you get quick at counting. Use it enough, and you can rainman that ****. IM40 is a great red battery for Hulk and Patch if you keep him at 1yellow. During the last Simulator when Hulk was buffed, That's all i used. smash and hulk slaps. bye-bye.