Fearless Defenders - 31.03 - 02.04

Options

Comments

• gamar wrote:
    Vairelome wrote:
    Y'all got any more of them fishnet covers...?)

Ugh, I feel like I throw away at least one purple obw every week just from lightning round standard token pulls.

So do I, but the worst part is I have ZERO black obw covers. That's right, my OBW has been sitting at 3/5/0 for ages and I've probably pulled a half dozen purple covers for her since then icon_evil.gif
    QUIT TROLLING ME D3P
  • Uninspiring prizes but I do need that black hulk for respec so will put some effort in as it's an alliance event
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    TropicYeo wrote:
    anyone know if Patch is a reward from the fearless defenders covers?
    Check first post. Progression reward at 1100.

--

So, Emeryt is aiming at top10. This red cover will make my Hulk complete! icon_twisted.gif

I'm sitting at 5/1/4 so I think with a little effort I should be able to get mine to 5/2/5
  • My Hulk is at 4/1/0 I really need that black cover. I have Patch at 4/1/1 so could use anything there as well.

What I really want though is more Punisher covers... Still waiting for all my heroic tokens from the sub event (pissed I ended the main at rank 51 so just missed my second lazy Cap cover but got my yellow I guess)

Hoping they make a new level of token that gives a guaranteed 3 star at some point for players like me that have maxed out most of the 2* characters and are just waiting on 3* covers. I'm trying to be patient with them- but also expecting to get a mix of modern hawkeyes, bagmen and bullseyes.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is the first event in a while where I don't need the 3* rewards at all, and I'm pleased. I'll crank out some low progression, put some points on the board to help ensure my teammates get the Alliance cover, and take a bit of a break after the Simulator grind.
  • gamar wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Vairelome wrote:
    Y'all got any more of them fishnet covers...?)

Ugh, I feel like I throw away at least one purple obw every week just from lightning round standard token pulls.

So do I, but the worst part is I have ZERO black obw covers. That's right, my OBW has been sitting at 3/5/0 for ages and I've probably pulled a half dozen purple covers for her since then icon_evil.gif
    QUIT TROLLING ME D3P

So, from Heroic tokens from the last set of Simulator subs, I was really happy when I pulled a blue OBW to get her to 3/5/3. I was less happy when I pulled the SECOND blue OBW.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Clint wrote:
    YAY, Finally I get to achieve my dream of being the ONLY person I know who wants a 3/5/5 Hulk. Time will tell whether I am a moron or ahead of my time... either option has an equal chance of being correct.

I've been running 355 since the start. You get more cascades with 5 green, but if you run a lot of special tiles, 5 green will destroy them. Smash is great at 5 though. It's not hard to avoid having over 10 green on the board, and you get quick at counting. Use it enough, and you can rainman that tinykitty. IM40 is a great red battery for Hulk and Patch if you keep him at 1yellow. During the last Simulator when Hulk was buffed, That's all i used. smash and hulk slaps. bye-bye.

out of curiosity. If you wanted to maximize red, wouldn't you want to go 5/5/3? to me if you want to use red, you want as little green tiles on the board so you take less damage for your team, to me 5 in black makes this harder as you will generate more green tiles then you want in order to cast red for the minimal amount of self damage.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    YAY, Finally I get to achieve my dream of being the ONLY person I know who wants a 3/5/5 Hulk. Time will tell whether I am a moron or ahead of my time... either option has an equal chance of being correct.

I've been running 355 since the start. You get more cascades with 5 green, but if you run a lot of special tiles, 5 green will destroy them. Smash is great at 5 though. It's not hard to avoid having over 10 green on the board, and you get quick at counting. Use it enough, and you can rainman that tinykitty. IM40 is a great red battery for Hulk and Patch if you keep him at 1yellow. During the last Simulator when Hulk was buffed, That's all i used. smash and hulk slaps. bye-bye.

out of curiosity. If you wanted to maximize red, wouldn't you want to go 5/5/3? to me if you want to use red, you want as little green tiles on the board so you take less damage for your team, to me 5 in black makes this harder as you will generate more green tiles then you want in order to cast red for the minimal amount of self damage.

You still want to collect as much green as possible, since that increases the damage of Smash. Also the Black ability is the best by far, a 5/5/3 Hulk is significantly hampered (because if you plan to use a 5 Smash, you shouldn't ever use Thunderous Clap).
  • I just beat a guy with a level 189 X-Force Wolverine. He must have engaged in some sort of '80's training montage because Wolvie had buffed up to 230 by the time he retaliated. I wonder if he is the guy who bought all the spaces in his 20-person alliance.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    I just beat a guy with a level 189 X-Force Wolverine. He must have engaged in some sort of '80's training montage because Wolvie had buffed up to 230 by the time he retaliated. I wonder if he is the guy who bought all the spaces in his 20-person alliance.

I'm really dreading the day I have to sit through 200 of those level-up animations and holding that button down while I watch a bucketload of ISO go away. He, apparently, had no issue with it.
  • Smash hits for decent amount of damage with 30 green in reserve (you get credit for 20 green despite using up only 10), though that's usually only feasible in PvE against level 230 guys to even build up that many green in the first place.

Note that if you have 10 or less green, you get no benefit on damage but you still lose the green.
  • So I just played a to 300 and got my Standard and Heroic tokens.
    Standard landed a Yellow Fat Thor. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Heroic face-planted with Purple Bagman. icon_e_sad.gif

Karma... icon_cool.gif
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Lol just came across walkyourpath fronting a lvl 141 thor modern and black panther and lvl 121 psylocke. I think anybody can guess what my decision was on that fight....
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LOL, the guy at the top of my bracket already has Slightly-Less-**** Cap maxed at 3/5/5, level 100.

He still looks like dead weight.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LOL, the guy at the top of my bracket already has Slightly-Less-**** Cap maxed at 3/5/5, level 100.

He still looks like dead weight.

I dunno about that. Repeatable adamantium slash is kind of a thing.
  • Played up to 500 for my realization that this had the stupid rich-get-richer prize scale and that 500 points wasn't as significant a stopping point since I wouldn't get my 50 HP. I've been running Thorverine (one of the reason this format is so, so boring) + a rotating cast of 3*s in the third slot (BP, Punisher, Hulk, IM40, and, when everyone was injured, Daredevil).

My special token got me a third Blue Invisible Woman, soas far as I"m concerned, this tournament has paid off. I'm still going to push for top ten and a red Hulk, though, since mine's still 5/1/2. Wish black was a prize for people who aren't in the top 1%.
  • Event is pretty boring, pretty much all the same teams, obw and thor with a few scattered thirds.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Smash hits for decent amount of damage with 30 green in reserve (you get credit for 20 green despite using up only 10), though that's usually only feasible in PvE against level 230 guys to even build up that many green in the first place.

Note that if you have 10 or less green, you get no benefit on damage but you still lose the green.

That's how it's supposed to work - it drains 10, then does damage for how much you have remaining. So if you start with 30 green, you "get credit" for 20 green, if you start with 14 green, you "get credit" for 4 green, etc
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lol just came across walkyourpath fronting a lvl 141 thor modern and black panther and lvl 121 psylocke. I think anybody can guess what my decision was on that fight....

If you have a hair on your balls you yelled BANZAII!!!!! And beat his ****!
  • Spider-man 6234
    Spider-man 6234 Posts: 409
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Clint wrote:

If you have a hair on your balls you yelled BANZAII!!!!! And beat his ****!

Lol I wish. Still haven't made the full transition to three* so im running mags now and storm classic with a punisher/thor as my third. Would have been awesome to beat him but the odds were zilch. Gotta work on my mmr though. Got Dlaw and you as a well Clint as options to fight. I think my winning a lot really screwed it up lol.