Fearless Defenders - 31.03 - 02.04

Options

Comments

• RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just beat a 130 Steve Rogers, 115 Psylocke and 141 Thor. I usually run a team with 141 Punisher, 128 GSBW and 100 IM40 but tried a 85 2* Thor, 85 OBW and 50 M Storm. It took me less time than usual and I finished with full health. I think as long as I get to 6 red in the forest I'm not scared of anyone right now. I just need to figure out what team to finish with to leave out for defense.
  • jaworeq
    jaworeq Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thank you both for answers. I'm not straight out of prologue (actually didnt touch last missions since I found those sweet event rewards). My 2* highlights are 65 hawkeye ( my beast during simulator), 45 storm and thor. Right now I sit on 9k ISO with no use, cause I'm dumping loads of covers that I don't have space for. I know there's bunch of HP awaiting at prologue but don't know how to balance it properly between that and events.

As for current PVP, based on your advices I should aim at 499 points and leave it until close to the end (assuming I dont hit the 80lvl opponents wall *again*). Maybe that would be time to play around prologue!
  • RemoDestroyer
    Options
    What is typically a good point total to finish in the top 10? Just wondering if I should shield if I get to a certain score.
  • Really depends on your bracket. You might get top10 with 600 points or you could need 700 points. 700 should usually be safe though.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    ^ Depends on your bracket too much. I'd say 750 - 800 pts is usually very safe for a top 10 finish. Also many people lack Hulk covers it seems, especially the alliance reward black, so expect all kinds of point skyrocketing.
  • jaworeq wrote:
    Thank you both for answers. I'm not straight out of prologue (actually didnt touch last missions since I found those sweet event rewards). My 2* highlights are 65 hawkeye ( my beast during simulator), 45 storm and thor. Right now I sit on 9k ISO with no use, cause I'm dumping loads of covers that I don't have space for. I know there's bunch of HP awaiting at prologue but don't know how to balance it properly between that and events.

As for current PVP, based on your advices I should aim at 499 points and leave it until close to the end (assuming I dont hit the 80lvl opponents wall *again*). Maybe that would be time to play around prologue!

For the prologue, look for every node that has HP, and grind that node until you get it. Use the HP to get more roster spaces. If your roster is full, avoid nodes that will give you new covers until you have space for them.

For developing your 2* roster, you want OBW, Wolvie/Thor/Ares, and C.Storm/Daken, in about that priority order. MN.Mags is very good paired with C.Storm, but less good otherwise. Good luck!
  • RemoDestroyer
    Options
    I just beat a 130 Steve Rogers, 115 Psylocke and 141 Thor. I usually run a team with 141 Punisher, 128 GSBW and 100 IM40 but tried a 85 2* Thor, 85 OBW and 50 M Storm. It took me less time than usual and I finished with full health. I think as long as I get to 6 red in the forest I'm not scared of anyone right now. I just need to figure out what team to finish with to leave out for defense.

I just beat the same player a third time for two retaliations. Someone named Lazy hex. Lost 10 each time but gained 30+ each time the last one 34. I figure I'm up 70 on him. The last time he(?) Subbed in a level 80 hulk for psylocke. I feel like I could do this all day.
  • I just beat a 130 Steve Rogers, 115 Psylocke and 141 Thor. I usually run a team with 141 Punisher, 128 GSBW and 100 IM40 but tried a 85 2* Thor, 85 OBW and 50 M Storm. It took me less time than usual and I finished with full health. I think as long as I get to 6 red in the forest I'm not scared of anyone right now. I just need to figure out what team to finish with to leave out for defense.

I just beat the same player a third time for two retaliations. Someone named Lazy hex. Lost 10 each time but gained 30+ each time the last one 34. I figure I'm up 70 on him. The last time he(?) Subbed in a level 80 hulk for psylocke. I feel like I could do this all day.

Yea that me was icon_e_smile.gif
  • Vairelome wrote:
    jaworeq wrote:

For the prologue, look for every node that has HP, and grind that node until you get it. Use the HP to get more roster spaces. If your roster is full, avoid nodes that will give you new covers until you have space for them.

For developing your 2* roster, you want OBW, Wolvie/Thor/Ares, and C.Storm/Daken, in about that priority order. MN.Mags is very good paired with C.Storm, but less good otherwise. Good luck!
    That's really good advice. You need as many roster spaces as possible when starting out.
  • RemoDestroyer
    Options
    lazyhex wrote:

Got you again. I'm almost starting to feel bad. I may just stop. You have considerably more points than I do and with the line ups you're running my guess is you're not tanking. Just easy points right now and I'm not even boosting. Let me know if you want me to stop and I'll go find someone else to pick on.
  • lazyhex wrote:

Got you again. I'm almost starting to feel bad. I may just stop. You have considerably more points than I do and with the line ups you're running my guess is you're not tanking. Just easy points right now and I'm not even boosting. Let me know if you want me to stop and I'll go find someone else to pick on.

Lol it is ok with me just join this to get my health pack regen and await other events icon_e_smile.gif
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's a guy (valarmorghulis) who keeps attacking me in this tournament, and I get about 10 points more back than I lost every time I retaliate...thing is, he probably has a much harder time than I do when I retaliate (he has M. Storm, OBW and Thor)...oh well, I don't mind icon_e_smile.gif I guess he takes his username very seriously icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I have a tank team in for this event, so if you see me, fire away. Unless a level 20 bagman, level 6 Thor, and level 15 Lazy Cap are too much for you....
  • There's a guy (valarmorghulis) who keeps attacking me in this tournament, and I get about 10 points more back than I lost every time I retaliate...thing is, he probably has a much harder time than I do when I retaliate (he has M. Storm, OBW and Thor)...oh well, I don't mind icon_e_smile.gif I guess he takes his username very seriously icon_e_smile.gif

I have a similar situation, tho I'm on the other side of it. I have a 141 im40, 85 cstorm and 85 thor attacking my 85 wolvie 85 storm 70 thor. (pretty easy match tho as i'm just denying him blue, usually leading to a 3 on 1 with his im40 by the end. Thor usually comes out of the match unscathed)

Every time he attacks me, i'm losing 10-11 points. When I attack back, I gain around 25-30. I can't imagine he's actually losing that amount tho, as he retaliated 5+ times already.
  • Sometimes it all about the principle icon_e_smile.gif or he is trying to tell you stop attacking me so I can make a run for the 900 hp.
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    Sometimes it all about the principle icon_e_smile.gif or he is trying to tell you stop attacking me so I can make a run for the 900 hp.

It'd be nice if they could implement some sort of limit to attacking the same player over and over. Anytime someone does that to me now...I just leave them in my queue and hit them at the end of the event. If it screws them out of a certain placement...well, that's what you get for attacking me 5 times.
  • Sometimes it all about the principle icon_e_smile.gif or he is trying to tell you stop attacking me so I can make a run for the 900 hp.

It'd be nice if they could implement some sort of limit to attacking the same player over and over. Anytime someone does that to me now...I just leave them in my queue and hit them at the end of the event. If it screws them out of a certain placement...well, that's what you get for attacking me 5 times.

Man, it's hard enough training myself to recognize Alliance members and not attack them, I can't bring myself to resent people who attack me multiple times because THE GAME keeps bringing me up for them (and then penalizes them for skipping me)
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    I don't resent them or anyone in this game...but if it screws them in the end, maybe next time they won't attack 5 times in an hour. It's only happened a few times, but you'd think it would happen even less considering there are 2 million players.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't resent them or anyone in this game...but if it screws them in the end, maybe next time they won't attack 5 times in an hour. It's only happened a few times, but you'd think it would happen even less considering there are 2 million players.
    Past a certain threshold I only see the same 6 people, usually the crazies and maybe one or two others.

However, I avoid hitting the "easy" targets so often, two times max, then maybe two of the big boys, and then shield up until the end.
    By the time I keep skipping through the same people over and over again it's 850+ territory, so that's enough most of the time for a top 5 anyway.
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    Argh... Stop attacking me all you SHIELD guys. First I got hit by Jozier then by Shamusyeah. It's a shame that I can't retal back coz 30+ / 40+ points sounds so juicy.