S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts Arriving

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings, Marvel Puzzle Quest fans!

A new way to earn bonus Iso-8, Hero Points, Heroic Tokens, and Command Points is arriving today in patch R113. Read on for details regarding the new S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts:

What is a S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept?
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts let you watch a video to receive a bonus reward.

Where do I find S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts?
    At the claim reward screen after completing a
Story mission, you will sometimes receive a S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept.

SHIELD_Signal_Intercepts_01.jpg

How often will I get S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts?
    You are guaranteed to receive a S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept after successfully completing your first Story mission of the day. The chance to intercept signals drops as you see more during the day. At most, you can receive 20 in one day.

What kind of Bonus Rewards can I get?
    It is possible to receive the following bonus rewards from S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts; 1 Command Point, 100 Hero Points, 2,000 Iso-8, 1 Heroic Token, 25 Hero Points, 1,000 Iso-8, 250 Iso-8, or 10 Hero Points.

I received a S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept but I didn’t have to watch the video to get the reward. What happened?
    VIPs and players who have supported the game recently get the bonus reward automatically. Thanks!

SHIELD_Signal_Intercepts_02.jpg

I play on Steam. Can I get S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts?
    No, sorry. At this time, we only support S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts for mobile devices.

*Updated post to clarify that S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts are tied to Story missions.
*Updated (11/09/16): a 250 Iso-8 option has been added to bonus rewards.

Comments

• nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2016
    Options
    As a VIP on steam. Will this be available to me?

NVM Didn't see the message saying not for steam. Won't renew VIP now.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Between this and FB, getting REAL tired of Steam players losing out on in-game rewards for your "bonuses"!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now with adds!

Perfect...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the communication.

But really? Ads injected into the game and we are supposed to be excited?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Options
    As a VIP member I thank you for the free rewards with no interruptions. Thousands of iso and hundreds of hp daily for playing potentially? Sounds great.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ok, but what is the video we are watching. my theory.....its ads (advertising) because the game doesn't have an ad revenue. So you're forcing us to watch an ad so we can get so called "free stuff". Why don't you state its ads. Also what data will be collected from ads and will this be click bait?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    alvinlal wrote:
    Ok, but what is the video we are watching. my theory.....its ads (advertising) because the game doesn't have an ad revenue. So you're forcing us to watch an ad so we can get so called "free stuff". Why don't you state its ads. Also what data will be collected from ads and will this be click bait?

You're not forced to do anything. You can skip it and have the exact same experience as today.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

It is possible to receive the following bonus rewards from S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts; 1 Command Point, 100 Hero Points, 2,000 Iso-8, 1 Heroic Token, 25 Hero Points, 1,000 Iso-8, or 10 Hero Points.

Is this all that can be won? The screenshots seem to suggest 140ISO as an option too. If these are the only rewards then it's worth my time for sure and I'm ok with this as a F2P player. It's optional after all to watch which is decent and doesn't take much to avoid.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    nigelregal wrote:
    As a VIP on steam. Will this be available to me?

its mobile advertising. so you don't need to worry about it. its the where the money is now days to all the app developers. and you can't program a computer to ingest ads without legal issues.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What a rollercoaster of feelings reading through OP

new ways to get ISO 'n stuff : yeah!
    while watching ads: buuuh!
    but VIP get it without to watch the adds : yeah!
    but not on Steam at all: wth....

Can't you think of some kind of candy for us Steam users? You take our money as well.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like that the ads are OPTIONAL. You can Claim your current reward and skip the video and extra reward.

Probably will never click on it during PVP, but during everything else... why not? And if I'm using data and not wi-fi, I'll just skip it.

Easy peazy.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    How often will I get S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts?
      You are guaranteed to receive a S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept after successfully completing your first mission of the day. The chance to intercept signals drops as you see more during the day. At most, you can receive 20 in one day.

Confirming: does the clock for "first mission of the day" start at the same time as your individual start time to get the next Daily Reward? For me, that is shortly after 1pm US/Eastern, but might be 5:30 for someone else?
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Now with adds!
    Perfect...
    Seems extremely unobtrusive and completely optional to me.

On occasions we've seen popup notices for Marvel products and I'd argue this is a better way to handle that side of the free to play business.

If this is a gateway to something much worse (like forced advertisements in order to play matches) then we've got a problem. But a button that's super easy to ignore and really won't take you out of the experience through it's existence is fine by me.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Punter1 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

It is possible to receive the following bonus rewards from S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts; 1 Command Point, 100 Hero Points, 2,000 Iso-8, 1 Heroic Token, 25 Hero Points, 1,000 Iso-8, or 10 Hero Points.

Is this all that can be won? The screenshots seem to suggest 140ISO as an option too. If these are the only rewards then it's worth my time for sure and I'm ok with this as a F2P player. It's optional after all to watch which is decent and doesn't take much to avoid.
    I think the screen shot shows where it pops up... the 70 and 140 seem to be rewards for the match that you won... and the option to watch the video for Additional rewards, with the actual value of the extra rewards not shown until AFTER you watch the video. VIP claim both together with the extra reward likely displaying in the next screen.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was thinking of not renewing my vip that will expire soon, but if it gives me up to 20 additional rewards per day while skipping the associated ads? That's worth it.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SHIELD HOP SCENERIO

a) get video bonus, ruin hop
    b) no video bonus, able to hop
    c) buy VIP, not losing anything but real money

Good call D3/Demi !
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we get more info about the advertisements? Will they be targeted? Will we be able to opt out of ad tracking? Will the privacy or security policy be updated?
  • Mercator
    Mercator Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As a steam user i find it very disappointing that this feature, like facebook gifting isn't available to me.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very funny. I went back and forth on trying whether to decide if I should suggest this to y'all. I figured that I liked the game enough to support it by clicking on ads for additional prizes; heck I do it with other games such as Criminal Case.

I was worried that people wouldn't want ads in their experience. But yeah I will most likely do it here. I'm happy to have ways to financially support the game that don't involve me needing to pay to do it.

So ultimately it looks like you either read my mind or else noticed the same trends that other mobile games take advantage of. Good work.
  • BassMuffinFIve
    BassMuffinFIve Posts: 231
    edited November 2016
    Options
    For real? This is really what this game is coming to!?! Wow...