No-Pull (Insert Month Here)

Comments

• Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    One week in and this is the state of play.

Standard 43
    Elite 16
    Heroic 17
    Legendary 1
    Strange S 25
    Smash Hit 1
    Cover Squirrel 1
    Vicious Cycle 2
    Taco savoury 8
    EOTS 7
    Taco Sweet 6
    CP 88

Current total. 127

These tokens have gone missing after the event .

Orb of Agamotto 1
    Book of Ashanti 1
    Wand of Watoomb 1

Come on guys keep up the good work, December the 1st is only 23 days away.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I was going to do this, but I lasted about a day before the lure of my stash of Elites was too much. Then today, I added up how much Iso I need to level up all the characters I have to their maxes, and it came in just under 600k. Before including the champ fees for 4 to 7 of them. *sigh*

So, I'm going to do this in a kind of half-arsed way. I'll cash in vault tokens, but hang onto everything else. I already keep all my CP and LTs. Surely, I can manage it for the rest of the month? Or until I need the Standards for Iso.

As of right now:

LTs - 8
    CP - 427

Ugh. It's probably a bad sign that I'm already questioning my ability to do this, yes?
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Since you guys are choosing not to, I am going to go ahead and spend my CP stash: 1,000 CP I've been stockpiling for a couple months, all on Strange tokens.
    I was feeling lucky already, since out of the 3 available tokens I had already pulled a purple 5trange.

Here is my haul:
    essica Drew
    RHulk x2
    Carnage
    StarLord x2
    Elektra x2
    Thor
    X23
    Nick Fury
    Kate
    Quake
    Ant Man x2
    TAHulk x2
    War Machine x2
    Miles
    Cyclops
    IW x2
    Bucky
    Strange (purple) x2
    Strange (yellow)
    Strange (blue) x4
    Luke Cage
    Peggy
    Nova x2
    Jean Grey
    Thing
    IMHB x2
    Professor X

Of all those covers (40 pulls),
    Fury, 4hor, Carnage, IWx2, TAHulk x2, Elektra x2, Bucky and ProfX are not Champed and not usable. 11/40 ... if i champ any of them obviously it becomes not a waste.

7/40 is 17.5% though, and considering the free tokens, I end up at 18.6% -- I wish I'd gotten more than a single yellow cover, since that's the ability that sold me on him in the first place, but he instantly jumps into "potentially usable 5*" I hope!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wobby wrote:
    Since you guys are choosing not to, I am going to go ahead and spend my CP stash: 1,000 CP I've been stockpiling for a couple months, all on Strange tokens.
    POOR FORM. That's a total cruel tease in front of people trying to go cold turkey. To the naughty step with you!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wobby is fired! You hear me?! FIRED! Both for your weakness and for pulling so many covers!

FIRED!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards

Orb of Agamotto 1
    Book of Ashanti 1
    Wand of Watoomb 1
    I think the pop up in the game yesterday said the 10 piece vaults expired 11/8. Sorry man. Those are the only tokens I've pulled this November out of fear they would disappear.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    My very dear Sarah:

The indications are very strong that we shall hoard tokens for 22 more days. Lest I should not be able to write you again, I feel impelled to write lines that may fall under your eye when I shall have no more willpower.

Our withholding may be one of many days duration and empty of pleasure - and it may be one of severe conflict and death to me. Not my will, but thine 0 God, be done. If it is necessary that I should fall on the battlefield for my alliance due to a lack of updates to my characters, I am ready. I have no misgivings about, or lack of confidence in, the cause in which I am engaged, and my courage does not halt or falter. I am willing - perfectly willing - to lay down all my joys in this life, to help maintain this movement, and to one day open those tokens.

Our current stores :
    65 standards
    27 elites
    7 + one 10 pack heroics
    3 legendary
    80 tacos
    74 CP

--Sullivan
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:

Orb of Agamotto 1
    Book of Ashanti 1
    Wand of Watoomb 1
    I think the pop up in the game yesterday said the 10 piece vaults expired 11/8. Sorry man. Those are the only tokens I've pulled this November out of fear they would disappear.
    And, had I not cheated on No Pull November, instead of 1000 iso and 200 HP, I would've got 1050 HP when they were lost to the ether.

Well played RNGesus, well played.
  • JVReal
    CT1888 wrote:
    And, had I not cheated on No Pull November, instead of 1000 iso and 200 HP, I would've got 1050 HP when they were lost to the ether.

Well played RNGesus, well played.

Matthew 6:33 (King JVReal Version):
    "But seek ye first the [hoarding] of [tokens], and [its] righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne wrote:
    I was going to do this, but I lasted about a day before the lure of my stash of Elites was too much. Then today, I added up how much Iso I need to level up all the characters I have to their maxes, and it came in just under 600k. Before including the champ fees for 4 to 7 of them. *sigh*

So, I'm going to do this in a kind of half-arsed way. I'll cash in vault tokens, but hang onto everything else. I already keep all my CP and LTs. Surely, I can manage it for the rest of the month? Or until I need the Standards for Iso.

As of right now:

LTs - 8
    CP - 427

Ugh. It's probably a bad sign that I'm already questioning my ability to do this, yes?

I'm meeting NPN halfway and only hoarding LTs and CP, too. I need some sort of MPQ thrills in my day, no way could I stash everything icon_eek.gif
  • granne
    I'm sorry. I cheated. I opened 5 Standards because I was bored and the world is going to tinykitty.

I managed to stop at 5, though, and didn't touch the rest, even though the next SCL is within spitting distance.

And I did get a green SW and a 2*Thor.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Saved

150 standard
    52 elite
    45 heroic + 10 pack
    15 LT
    547 cp
    12 sweet
    20 savoury

But...Been cheating by opening event tokens. On a hot streak. Been pulling 4* and got 2 LT from last 2 vaults..sorry guys..I am weak icon_e_sad.gif
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    I've completely fallen off the wagon. My 2* farm is nearing completion so I've started opening tons of standard and elite tokens to finish everything off.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol. I can tell right now once strange hits tokens, not sure I'll be staying on the proverbial wagon. already not looking forward to the slog of stds. now 126 and growing.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    lol. I can tell right now once strange hits tokens, not sure I'll be staying on the proverbial wagon. already not looking forward to the slog of stds. now 126 and growing.

I've assigned my son that task. I said for every 4* he pulls I will buy him a new ps4 game. Bless him.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slothkins wrote:
    I've completely fallen off the wagon. My 2* farm is nearing completion so I've started opening tons of standard and elite tokens to finish everything off.

ALSO FIRED!
    TxMoose wrote:

CLOSE TO BEING FIRED!
  • JVReal
    Weekend is so close... STAY STRONG OVER THE WEEKEND NPN'ers!
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Guess i have to apologize, i caved. not all the way, but i opened my legendary tokens a little bit ago. I had 30 saved up. Out of 30 pulls, 9 were 5*. The 4* only a handful i could use, the rest i sold. too many Starlords and elektra. So time to change the trusty signature at the bottom. The rest of the hoarding will go on till the beginning of the season or longer, depends on my will power.
  • granne
    I have to confess to a lapse as well, I'm afraid. I was in desperate need of a 2* greenflag.pngicon_bullseye.png so I could re-champ him and save the NINE covers in my queue. I burned through all my standards and some Elites, but I got it eventually.

Everything else is still piling up. It's really nice not to look at my queue and despair at the covers I'd have to sell.

It's my 40th birthday on Wednesday, though, so I doubt my willpower will last beyond then.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne wrote:
    I have to confess to a lapse as well, I'm afraid. I was in desperate need of a 2* greenflag.pngicon_bullseye.png so I could re-champ him and save the NINE covers in my queue. I burned through all my standards and some Elites, but I got it eventually.

Everything else is still piling up. It's really nice not to look at my queue and despair at the covers I'd have to sell.

It's my 40th birthday on Wednesday, though, so I doubt my willpower will last beyond then.
    Happy early birthday!!!!

I have only been hoarding CP and legendary tokens and I will probably pull them next week. I had started hoarding mid October when I decided to rechampion my 2* so I didn't want to waste my CP. I currently have 612 CP and 6 LT. By next week I should be over 700CP and 9 LT. That is a lot of chances at 5* which I defiantly need to keep up on PVP. Staying stagnant for another season could be dangerous for me.