No-Pull (Insert Month Here)

Options

Comments

• blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You seem to have been hoarding for some considerable time.
    Out of interest how much Iso-8 do you have saved?

I have, its my default setting when it comes to things like this. Especially when I know its better to hoard and try to increase my chances of getting the rewards i'm after instead of relying on RNG all the time.

I currently have 120k saved up. Since I'm not pulling LT's, my only source of new 4* covers is PVP and PVE. I will dump all my ISO into any 4* that I have extra covers for in the queue or that I have fully covered (currently 5 under leveled fully covered, 3 more at 12 covers and 14 champed).

I HATE wasting covers so by the time I'm ready to jump into 5* land, I should have a very healthy base of 4* championed
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    T-Minus 14 days and counting, everybody!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    thisone wrote:
    250CP exactly.

What a lovely number, I almost don't want it to go up any more.

I felt the same when I got to 616.

As did I when I hit 666. icon_twisted.gif
    On a tangent, I think Alan Moore's most fantastically subversive moment in comics ever was calling the Marvel universe 616. The man researches the occult massively, so it was no coincidence....
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

On topic, 269 tokens, 297 CP

Edit: If I'm getting the urge to pull, I do it vicariously by viewing the Last Legendary pulled thread.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since Doc was finally in the rotation, I opened about 300 tokens. Not one Dr. Strange. icon_cry.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    Since Doc was finally in the rotation, I opened about 300 tokens. Not one Dr. Strange. icon_cry.gif

Oh, man. Looks like SHIELD Sim is going to be your friend, this season. You can at least pick up one of each at 1200-1400-1700 ( blueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.png ).
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 wrote:
    On a tangent, I think Alan Moore's most fantastically subversive moment in comics ever was calling the Marvel universe 616. The man researches the occult massively, so it was no coincidence....

Well I'll be damned! Now I've learned something! Now I know it was no coincidence that I felt compelled to skip you in Divine Chumps earlier today. icon_e_wink.gif
  • CT1888
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    CT1888 wrote:

Well I'll be damned! Now I've learned something! Now I know it was no coincidence that I felt compelled to skip you in Divine Chumps earlier today. icon_e_wink.gif
    Well, since I hit 900 only being hit once on the way up, I much appreciate it.
    And here was me thinking Champed Thor was scaring people off icon_e_wink.gif
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You can fire me, got drunk on aged 10 year bourbon and opened everything and it was so worth it. Championed 4* Deadpool and had 2 extra covers for him. Of course my 2* farm is wreck so I will be hoarding any token that give a 4* til my farm is back up and running. Just saving ISO til I get enough covers for the many 2*'s wallowing in the soil.
    I also got 5* Black Widow and 4* Cage which I had not rostered before.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You can fire me, got drunk on aged 10 year bourbon and opened everything and it was so worth it. Championed 4* Deadpool and had 2 extra covers for him. Of course my 2* farm is wreck so I will be hoarding any token that give a 4* til my farm is back up and running. Just saving ISO til I get enough covers for the many 2*'s wallowing in the soil.

Ok on behalf of the guy who fires people around here.

Vince%2B06.jpg

I hope the 10yr old bourbon was worth it. icon_lol.gif
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm going past November. Probably after next off season but before mr boltagon drops out of latest. Unless the new 5* is leaps ahead of him of course.

The will power is strong with thisone icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Three weeks in and this is the current state of play.

Or

Games I've played in November.
    Interesting to see how much time I waste playing this game. This has to change.

Standard 105
    Elite 58
    Heroic 43
    Legendary 6
    Strange Days 3
    Strange Sight 25
    Smash Hit 1
    Cover Squirrel 1
    Vicious Cycle 2
    Real shift 2
    Taco savoury 20
    EOTS 7
    Taco Sweet 20
    Deadpool vs MPQ 3
    Thick as Thieves 2
    Army of One 1
    Divine Champions 3
    Balance of Power 3
    Rocket & Groot 4
    CP 251

Current total. 309

51 tokens added since last week

For all the guys still hanging in there, keep it up. We can do this.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just cracked 300CP with my VIP reward today.

And...I've even started saving tokens since the season started. Which I have never ever been able to do. I currently have 33.

I AM SERIOUSLY THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS HERE PEOPLE
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Normally you'd be fired, but bourbon is an acceptable qualifier. So...

YOU'RE ON PROBATION!
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For the record, you can buy Eagle Rare which is 10 years old and about $32.
  • CT1888
    Options
    Confession: I broke the pledge and opened standards, elites & heroics to get ISO to champ Thing for this boosted week. I make no apologies for that as it's made pvp easier alongside the Agent Venom release.
    I do apologise for opening some event tokens that weren't needed to champ him; a word of warning; once you open the tap, it's hard to stem the flow.
    381 Cp and 8 LT though didn't get touched, alongside tacos and assorted event tokens.
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    For the record, you can buy Eagle Rare which is 10 years old and about $32.

Russell's Reserve 10 year is similarly priced. Willett Pot Still Reserve is another personal favorite for $30-ish, it's so smooth.

I'm in Kentucky. I've had to stay away from liquor stores so far, and I'm positive that Thanksgiving is going to bring about an opening spree.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Monday debrief 11/21:

As of this morning and after doing today's DDQ:
    122 - Standard (+41)
    31 - Elite (+8)
    50 +10 pack - Heroic (+27)
    6 - LT (+1)
    6 - Thick as Thieves (+6)
    20 - Strange Sights
    1 - Balance of Power
    1 - Smash Hit
    1 - Vicious cycle
    2 - Strange Days
    4 - Oscorp Heroic
    18 - Taco Savory (+10)
    7 - Meet Rocket & Groot (+7)
    17 - EotS
    22 - Taco Sweet (+6)

318 Total Tokens

247 CP (+71)

Bought 1 deal of the day for Simulator before I start the event tonight, got Moonstone... serves me right.

Keep up the good work everyone... Holiday weekend will tempt you!
  • JONofWAR
    JONofWAR Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wanting to clarify before moving forward: I'm also "saving" my SHIELD leveling rewards for when I finally open (figure the extra ISO would help once I actually start opening). You can wait and claim the reward for several levels at the same time...right?

Also, while I'm thinking about it. I'm also working on championing 2 star.png to get more value once I start opening. I can usually champion a couple per week without really stretching myself and I think the hp/cp/token champion rewards will be worth it in the long term. Do most people only keep a couple 2 star.png champion or do they get the full farm going?
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have not been an active participant in No-Pull November, but I have been following this thread and coincidentally began hoarding LTs and CP around the start of November for my own reasons... I had suddenly max-covered 3 characters and instead of opening tokens as I go and potentially being stuck with multiple covers that will expire before I champion the character, I decided to save up ISO and champ as I get 14th covers for the ones I have maxed. I've been opening all other tokens (sorry, No-Pullers) but it's been fun to watch everyone's progress this month.

At this point it looks like I may make it all month before touching any legendary tokens, and I was amused last night when I hit 404 Command Points. It's like my account is saying, Error 404: Legendary Token Not Found.

And then this morning I randomly received 7 CP from an anonymous, generous alliance member, so my new total is: 411 CP. So I now officially have the 411 on Command Points.

I also have 8 Latest Legendary Tokens waiting, but I don't find that nearly as cool as 404 or 411.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I broke down after Strange went into the Latest Tokens and bought three when my CP total hit 777.

I did get one Strange from that pull so lucky me! (Overall Latest Pull Rate is 12.9%).

Back over 800 but didn't hit the magic 777 so back to hoarding.