No-Pull (Insert Month Here)

Comments

• monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Cheated on NPN for three pulls, and ended up with 3* Strange at 1/1/1. I guess I'll take that.

I'm so sorry, NPN. How can I make it up to you? Dinner? Diamond ring?
  • BassMuffinFIve
    BassMuffinFIve Posts: 231
    edited November 2016
    Can anyone verify that once your standards say 99+, that you are in fact still earning tokens over 99?

Thanks!

edit: Nevermind. It keeps track to 3 digits. Love it!
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    The bad news: I went ahead and cracked about 1200 CP.

The good news: I now have a 9-cover Dr. 5trange.

So ... yeah.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker

So ... yeah.

Well done you
    5* Dr Strange is a monster, I'm so envious.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    The Bobs pulling set me off last night and I cracked. Pulled oml and ss. Was happy. Back to hoarding though!
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker

So ... yeah.

I've got nearly 1k .... this post gives me a little hope.
    Not sure if I want to spend them in these tokens or classics.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor

So ... yeah.

Well done you
    5* Dr Strange is a monster, I'm so envious.

His yellow is fantastic against goons and cheap powers.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Cheated on NPN for three pulls, and ended up with 3* Strange at 1/1/1. I guess I'll take that.

I'm so sorry, NPN. How can I make it up to you? Dinner? Diamond ring?

I also cheated on NPN for 3 pulls, unfortunately I got 500 ISO ×3. I feel cheated.
  • monsieurmojo
    I think I just found a potentially fatal flaw in NPN for a portion of us, at least on the low end of pulls: I don't have all the 2* rostered; I just have four or five farms that I rotate through as I get the covers, and a rotating spot at the end of my bench for the 2* essential. I keep a cover of each of the 7 I don't have in the queue, and just insert as needed, as will be the case for DPvMPQ.

But when the stockpile of covers ends, it'll basically be up to RNGeezus gifting them through Lightning Round pulls, and I may end up dipping into Standards, or worse, Heroics, to fill the gap when needed.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I think I just found a potentially fatal flaw in NPN for a portion of us, at least on the low end of pulls: I don't have all the 2* rostered; I just have four or five farms that I rotate through as I get the covers, and a rotating spot at the end of my bench for the 2* essential. I keep a cover of each of the 7 I don't have in the queue, and just insert as needed, as will be the case for DPvMPQ.

But when the stockpile of covers ends, it'll basically be up to RNGeezus gifting them through Lightning Round pulls, and I may end up dipping into Standards, or worse, Heroics, to fill the gap when needed.

My thoughts exactly, I like you haven't rostered all the 2* and only roster the required 2* as and when needed.

With no new covers coming in, there maybe trouble ahead.

I feel a song coming on...

There may be trouble ahead
    But while there's music and moonlight and love and romance
    Let's face the music and dance
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I cheated...kinda. I cleaned out the Orb vault. Only because I didn't want to miss the chance to guarantee pulling the top prizes if it switched to a random vault and/or restricted buying pulls after the event closed. I still have the other tokens. Don't give a **** about the non-Strange prizes in there.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm up to 130 CP. Feel like I'm over the hump now.

But I'm still opening everything else when I get 'em icon_lol.gif (Although I've managed to hoard the Strange Sights tokens, gonna splurge when it finishes!)
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Figured I would update on Sundays if I remember. Would have more but opened all the Strange event tokens in the hopes of getting him. Got top 300 so I was able to get one. Here is my mini hoard. I also spend 50 CP in the hopes of pulling a 5* Strange but got 2 purple Spider women instead. This is good anyway cause I need to champion IW and Ghostrider before I open any more tokens anyway.
    42 Standard
    20 Elite
    5 Heroic
    1 event token
    12 tacos
    8 CP.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Monday debrief:

As of this morning and before doing today's DDQ:
    39 - Standard
    8 - Elite
    6 - Heroic
    1 - LT
    20 - Strange Sights
    1 - Vicious cycle
    4 - Taco Savory
    17 - EotS
    6 - Taco Sweet
    79 CP

Not been playing much PVP this season, so I'm short on PVP tokens, but I'm going to get back on the PVP train this week.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, so I had one of the more elucidating moments over the weekend. I really enjoyed 5 Star Strange, one of the funner characters I've played in a while. Suddenly the 150 command points that I'd been saving had a clear purpose. I drained the heck out of them and got some good pulls, including a blue 5 Star Strange. So, thanks for those of you that have been sharing your hoarding strategies. Things clarified a lot for me over the weekend.

Now, time to start building up my stock again.

At this point, I've got 8 Taco Tokens and 13 Legendary Tokens.

I'm saving the Taco's for late November, I worked it out at one point, but there's a run that has three, three star characters that I need covers for. I think the Sweet ones will hold until December. LT's I'll hold on until I have free roster spots.

At this point, I need to open up a roster spot in 11 days to have a spot for the Bullseye's in my queue, after that I just need The Hood and I'll have 39 of the 3 stars rostered. (I don't, nor do I plan on rostering Rags or Sentry)

Once I roster those two, I'll start opening LT's when I get a slot.

Meanwhile, I'm going to keep opening the heroics and elites cause my two star farm is always using them. I'm on the fence about the Standards, someone mentioned this earlier but I like the idea of having 40K in reserve for a sudden iso crunch.

So, sorry, I just kind of rambled there.

The real point of this post is thank you to the posters in this thread, it's helped me organize and plan my resources better and got me to think about resources in a different way.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    doing ok overall. felt like I had to pull the strange pve tokens since I don't know what actually happens to the %s when they go post-event, and there was a ton of them. actually got a strang3 out of them. still successful in the other event/heroic/elite/std tokens.

edit: since everyone's updating their pile at the approximate 1-week mark:

88 standards (added 83)
    31 elites (added 31)
    46 heroics (added 42)
    23 event tokens (added 23 - 20+ strange tokens not included)
    36 LTs (added 4)
    1691 cp (added 174)

updated 11/7 3pm central
  • monsieurmojo
    Day 7: man, was it fulfilling to see that counter tick over 99+.

Standard: 43
    Elite: 14
    Heroic: 10
    LT: 5 (includes a Sanctum Sanctorum from the Vishanti vault I bought out with HP for the Peggy yellow)
    Strange Sights: 24
    PvP Event Tokens: 2
    Tacos: 12
    CP: 108

Total: 110
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I was weak. I cashed in the various Strange tokens I received from my alliance (thanks gang!) hoping to get strange for this deadpool PVE. I didn't play it, so I did not have him yet. No such luck, unfortunately.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    I'm doing well.

36 Standard
    62 Elite
    13 Heroic
    8 Legendary
    20 Strange sights
    20 Random expired events
    48 Sweet
    10 Savory

217 total, plus 132 CP. Getting there.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    117 tokens, 99 CP. Looking forward to the CP crossing into 3 figures.
    Almost at 300k iso too. Very much in unfamiliar waters just now!