No-Pull (Insert Month Here)

Comments

• Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I am modify my hoard, I will be pulling tokens from the Strange event cause I want to make sure I have the 3* version in case it is required in the next event. after 2 days I have 28 tokens, so that is nice.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Ctenko wrote:
    Roland113 wrote:
    Slothkins wrote:
    I'm in! I've been hoarding for a while anyway until I can get my 2* farm fully operational. Once they all get championed it's going to be a token party!

. . . but how do you get the two star covers to set up the farm without opening up the tokens?

PVP rewards?

I don't really play much PvP, so doubtful. To clarify though, most of my 2*s are fully covered level 15s. I'm just waiting until I build up the iso to champ them all so I don't waste a bunch of covers. Once they're done I'll open stuff until I need to pause and champ the rest.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to say - I hoarded a huge stockpile while I champed all 3s and then 2s. that ended up over 400 tokens. I did that because my roster wasn't ready to pull them yet and when I did, it was huge (happened to be right when SCLs were introduced). no that my roster is prepared for opening any and all gold tokens....I'm finding it really hard to hoard lol. its freaking day 3 and I'm not sure I can do it lol. ironically I have a plan to hoard cp until ~next april and I have no problem with that. weird....
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    TxMoose wrote:
    I have to say - I hoarded a huge stockpile while I champed all 3s and then 2s. that ended up over 400 tokens. I did that because my roster wasn't ready to pull them yet and when I did, it was huge (happened to be right when SCLs were introduced). no that my roster is prepared for opening any and all gold tokens....I'm finding it really hard to hoard lol. its freaking day 3 and I'm not sure I can do it lol. ironically I have a plan to hoard cp until ~next april and I have no problem with that. weird....
    I gave up already. I was hoarding LT/CP before this and will continue to do so. But adding all other tokens to the mix just made the feeling of my progress go from sluggish to completely inert. I couldn't take it.
  • alvinlal wrote:
    events, always open after completion. never during.

Why is that?
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I was hoarding well before this, so I didn't feel bad dumping a bunch of CP on the 10% Dr Strange token today. icon_razz.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    It's pretty amazing how quickly they build up. I've never been able to keep a hoard going for long, and it's crazy how fast that "Recruit Heroes" number is climbing.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've hit 50 tokens, and it's started easier than expected (though I suspect because I've been building up chunks of Iso to spend, rather than blowing it immediately on 1 or 2 levels has helped form some kind of discipline...)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I'm trying to do now is refrain from re-champing members of my 2* farm until other 2* are ready to be sold off. That way the rest of the ISO goes to my 4*. Otherwise I end up just feeding everything into the 2* waiting to re-champ and I spin my wheels. I'm up to almost 60k since I started doing that, so that's helpful.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    blargrx wrote:
    Roland113 wrote:
    Beyond that, what is the strategy behind hoarding?

Don't spend anything ever... until you need it, have better odds of pulling what you want or can make use of whatever cover you pull. The goal is to not waste any covers or resources

Ok, you've convinced me to a certain extent. Like I said early on, I've been saving my LT for a while and really don't intend to start opening them any time soon. The Elites and Standards I'll keep opening cause they feed my farm and help the iso flow.

The Taco Vault tokens though, there's where I've learned something. I looked at the future taco vault and spreadsheeted it all out and determined which cycles of the Sweet and Savory would give me the most benefit and will start hoarding my taco tokens until the best cycle. Specifically December 9th for the Sweet tokens (Marvel, IM40 and Fist still need championed) and November 24th for the Savory ones (Falcon, Psylocke and Bullseye).

I'll at least be partially participating in the No Pull November, regardless the exercise pushed me to be a lot more analytical with my Taco Tokens, so thanks again everyone!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's getting easier every day.

I did lapse a little today. I pulled my Orb of Agamotto token I got for clearing the level. It's not clear if this special 10 item vault will stay or if the tokens are lost when the event ends, so I pulled that one token and was rewarded with 500 iso.

I feel so guilty.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:

I did lapse a little today. I pulled my Orb of Agamotto token I got for clearing the level. It's not clear if this special 10 item vault will stay or if the tokens are lost when the event ends, so I pulled that one token and was rewarded with 500 iso.

I feel so guilty.

If that's the case, I'm cheating on No-Pull November.

But only for those three specific pulls!
  • alvinlal wrote:
    events, always open after completion. never during.

Can anyone explain this to me? Why would you want to save the tokens until after the event?
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Yeah, I don't get that one either.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    My hoarding plan has a specific goal in sight - fully cover 3 x 5* characters by opening about 330 LTs, which will surely take a very long time to collect, but if I have a bunch of champed 4*s, then I only need to start with 300 LTs. This will probably be composed of 200 actual LTs and 2500 CP that I spend. Right now, I'm still building my 4*s and not one of them is champed. So.....

I'm not with your plan exactly, but I've just started to hoard LTs only. I still need everything else to continue progressing my 4*s.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:

I feel so guilty.

If that's the case, I'm cheating on No-Pull November.

But only for those three specific pulls!
    I cheated on the two pulls so far as well... I think the fact that I've got 2 x 500 iso so far tells you what RNGesus thinks of me straying from the path.....
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ladies and gentlemen, let Captain Kirrahe be our inspiration:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXLVFnl3WcE

We will hoard the tokens!

Currently at:
    214 silver
    72 elite
    1 Heroic 10-pack
    132 mixed gold
    47 LT
    469 CP

(Yes, I'm bragging a little. icon_mrgreen.gif)
  • Coltsjustwin
    Coltsjustwin Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Day 4

Killing pve for covers and other rewards.
    Finally got to see 99+ tokens in my game.
    Got Strange fever and used 50 cp and 2 tokens (earned from 2 strange vaults) I got nothing.

Current total: 114
    Standards 56
    Elite 10
    Heroic 13
    LT 2
    Strange Sights 7
    Hollow Point 1
    Cover squirrel 2
    Vicious cycle 1
    EotS 13
    Hearts of Darkness 1
    Ddq sweet 6
    Ddq savory 2

Hero points 990
    Cp 16

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue.
    I won't open anymore,
    If you won't too.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I've nearly cracked a few times but I'm staying strong. icon_redface.gif
    What I'm trying to decide now is in what order will I open them on December 1st. Thinking either move for standard to the right (e.g standard, heroic, L.T.....ect) or do it based on the number of each token type (e.g most to least or least to most).
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still pull like a teenager. No chance.

I've saved up 100 CP and 2 LTs. This isn't like me at all. Not sure how much longer I can last, getting itchy fingers icon_e_confused.gif