No-Pull (Insert Month Here)

Options
JVReal
JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
For those of us who want to horde, but cannot seem to do it without external motivation, I am declaring November to be No-Pull November.

No pulling tokens of any kind, no spending CP.

You can spend HP (and the 100 HP deal of the day on any vaults that you don't yet have tokens for).

Who else is going to go for it? On December 1 we can pull all our tokens and CP and share our hauls.

Comments

• Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Click bait title, feeling cheated...

I'm in though! I swear by the honor of Robert the Bruce I will not use any token!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:

You can spend HP (and the 100 HP deal of the day on any vaults that you don't yet have tokens for).

How can I spend HP on daily deals for vault if I have a token? icon_e_confused.gif

Anyways, I am currently doing this now. I have horded all my Heroics, LTs, and CP for the past couple of months. I have only opened Event tokens so I don't have numerous Post-Event token screens. I cannot wait to open everything! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was actually going to empty my legendaries when strange gets put in and then start hoarding LTs again. Then I was going to save everything until Christmas and have a present to myself with a massive opening on that day.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm already doing this so count me in icon_e_smile.gif

Currently
    9 LT.
    353 CP.
    87 standards.
    37 epic.
    30 heroics.
    Just restarted my taco vaults though last week.

My mission is to champ a few more 4* to maximise my next lot of pulls. Very high chance I'll be saving til January!

Did this recently with LT/CP only. Swore I'd not pull til I hit 1 million iso. Actually made it to 1.3 million thanks to anniversary and champ farms. Best decision I ever made.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would still pull Dr. Strange event tokens. Wouldn't want to miss out on any limited items.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been hoarding for Dr. Strange and plan to open everything I have when he's available, but after that I'll go back to hoarding. So, I'm sorta in.
  • DaBeast911
    DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    54 LT's, 86 HT's, 32 different event tokens and 1297 CP.......holding out until end of the year
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I can resist CP and LT pulls until then. Event tokens I'll keep opening so they aren't all one-off vault pulls. Tacos will be the hard part.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The issue is, at this point the only enjoyment i get out of the game is the occasional reward because i have to use pretty much the same team for everything.

My roster is too close to 4 star to play with this team much longer lol.

I don't know how you guys do it, mainly because I'm so tired of the events run etc cycle going on, at least the little pull of that rng lever freshens things up a bit

I'm mainly making clears of EOTS because it has tokens.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    The issue is, at this point the only enjoyment i get out of the game is the occasional reward because i have to use pretty much the same team for everything.

My roster is too close to 4 star to play with this team much longer lol.

I don't know how you guys do it, mainly because I'm so tired of the events run etc cycle going on, at least the little pull of that rng lever freshens things up a bit

I'm mainly making clears of EOTS because it has tokens.

I'm still gonna plunder vaults I can use the 4* in. I imagine I'll plunder the strange vault too. Liking clearance level 8. 2 tokens for t50 alliance finishes is niiice.

Bear with it, once you get a larger roster of 4* the game becomes a lot of fun again. The transitions in this game are brutal.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, what the hell, I'll do it.

Only exception is that I may spend 120cp (which I already have saved) to champ Quake.

I'm at the point now where my 4s have enough covers at 5 to where I pull a lot of dupe covers. So hoarding cp and LTs isn't a bad idea for me anyway.

I'll just have to remember not to open those standard tokens - it's just automatic for me to do it when I get them.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've never been a hoarder but ooooooh i can't refuse a challenge either. You're on! Meet back here on Dec. 1. Synchronize watches and ........Go! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tacos are easy after you start doing it. Idk how you guys are going to hoard the rest of it though, because I can't...
    img_0581.jpg
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I was gonna do a mini hoard for strang3, but why not go the whole month (hell he may not end up in tokens till then anyway).... if I can remember and don't forget and open something (memory not that great), I'm in too. tacos don't count (for me) - still use those for healthpacks now and then. current starting stats:

5 standards
    3 elites
    4 heroics
    32 LTs
    1517 cp

dec 1 i'll pull std and gold tokens. hoarding cp and LTs for something bigger picture.

edit: doh. working on a 4 with covers expiring. this is probably not gonna work. have a 2 a few covers away that needs to get covers so I can sell so I can save the ones in queue. not sure I can do this lol. pulling today and may start late again. we'll see how it goes.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also was hoarding Latest for Strange and CP since I have no ISO - so I might as well be in also.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought it was a good idea and was going to go along with it, but who am I kidding, there's no way I can hoard like that. I always open stuff as soon as I get it.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't know how you hoard - it bothers me to no end to see that little number bubble telling me I have tokens.....

It's also why I check all my apps so often on my phone and why I clear notifications immediately.....

I...I think I might have a problem....
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    hoarding makes sense when you are too saturated, or waiting for a new guy, or just iso dry. certain forms of hoarding are just dumb. waiting for a year to get a 4s for example. if that is your idea of progression youre not going to get anywhere.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tumblr_m0p2xzyrL81rntezlo1_400_zpso6fsrzgo.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still pull like a teenager. No chance.