No-Pull (Insert Month Here)

Comments

• Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, so, I'm still in three star land and setting up my two star farm, I haven't given any love to my four stars for about a month now. I'm hoarding my LT's until I have roster space for any new characters that I pull. Beyond that, what is the strategy behind hoarding?
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Roland113 wrote:
    Beyond that, what is the strategy behind hoarding?

Don't spend anything ever... until you need it, have better odds of pulling what you want or can make use of whatever cover you pull. The goal is to not waste any covers or resources
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I'll go half and half. i saved my LT so i could unleash them on 5trange. but i don't like his numbers so far. the 3* version is pretty weak, that i won't use him that much,
    however, i have hoarded the following and will wait for Medusa to arrive during December.

Elite: 66
    Herioc: 27 + 1 10pack
    Legendary: 27
    Command Points: 1204
    Taco: Sweet 47, Savory 78
    events, always open after completion. never during.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I'm at 9 total tokens and 30 cp and it's killing me.
  • Coltsjustwin
    Coltsjustwin Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Hardest thing ever.
    23 cp
    16 standard
    1 elite
    1 heroic
    1 event
    2 ddq sweet

Can't wair for our collective results.

Stay strong.
    Stay a hoarder.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker

You Sir,...PLEASE step away from the
    "Get your covers button"
    Please control your addiction

250?cb=20141006112803

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    Knew I didn't have to wait long to use that image.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I am hoarding all of my standard covers. 7 and counting!
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker

You Sir,...PLEASE step away from the
    "Get your covers button"
    Please control your addiction

250?cb=20141006112803

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    Knew I didn't have to wait long to use that image.

"Hoarders log. Star date 94440.59. The walls are closing in. My tokens, they appear to be speaking to me and I can only make out a portion of what they are saying; 'op** me'. I must resist the urge to decode this message".
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    I'm in! I've been hoarding for a while anyway until I can get my 2* farm fully operational. Once they all get championed it's going to be a token party!
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I've got my first 3 4* max covered and in the process of getting champed, so what the hell? Really shouldn't be opening them right now, anyways.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wow. I've been pulling all golds for a while now and I forget how fast they pile up. in 2-1/2 days I'm at
    33 stds (added 28)
    13 elites (+10)
    20 heroics (+16)
    9 event tokens (+9)

hopefully I make my 4* I'm working on and don't need to dip into tokens for iso or a CLR bump.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Hoarding would be a smart idea, but I have to make an exception. I've have a modest pile of tacos I've been saving specifically for the upcoming Savory vault. I still need more covers in Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver, and I'd like to start champing Vision & Classic Magneto very soon. After that DDQ week, though, I'm planning on hoarding anyway, since most of my 3-stars are fully-covered and I don't have enough ISO coming in to support many more new champions right now.

Aside from that:

19 Standard
    09 Elite
    00 Heroic
    04 Legendary
    409 Command Points

I doubt I'll be tempted enough to throw in LT or CP for Strange, since I don't have the roster slots to accommodate any unexpected additions.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2016
    Not gonna happen. As long as the 90's Cyclops cover in the Savory vault isn't yellow, I'll be emptying out that vault. I also expect 3* Strange to be added to tokens after the Power season, so my Elite and Heroic hoards will be used to try to cover him.

[edit]I would've emptied the Sweet vault as there is a purple Professor X sitting there that would be nice for my 5/0/4 build but I would only have 289 tacos at the end of this run and I just know that he'll still be there after 289 pulls. icon_neutral.gif
  • Coltsjustwin
    Coltsjustwin Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Day 2....starting to get shaky and find myself nearly opening things out of habit.

23 standard
    4 elite
    3 heroic
    1 vicious cycle
    5 EotS event
    4 sweet taco
    33 cp
    415 hero points

Glad to have others following the same path.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Started with 0 and 14 CP
    End of Day 2:
    14 Standard
    4 Elite
    1 Vicious Cycle
    14 EotS
    4 Sweet Tacos
    21 CP

Still have to remind myself not to open them because there's a number sitting down there. Can't wait until that hits 99, I hear it gets easier...
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I am in... EXCEPT for the EOTS tokens. Those are the only exceptions. Everything else, no pulls.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Slothkins wrote:
    I'm in! I've been hoarding for a while anyway until I can get my 2* farm fully operational. Once they all get championed it's going to be a token party!

. . . but how do you get the two star covers to set up the farm without opening up the tokens?
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    This has got me motivated to start saving. That and the fact I've come to the realization that if I don't save until I have all the ISO I need to champ my characters, I'm gonna have to just sell most of the 4* I open anyways. May just open standard tokens to keep the 2* farming active so I can slowly keep increasing my shield ranking.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Roland113 wrote:
    Slothkins wrote:

. . . but how do you get the two star covers to set up the farm without opening up the tokens?

PVP rewards?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has got me motivated to start saving. That and the fact I've come to the realization that if I don't save until I have all the ISO I need to champ my characters, I'm gonna have to just sell most of the 4* I open anyways. May just open standard tokens to keep the 2* farming active so I can slowly keep increasing my shield ranking.
    I've been going for check marks in PVE to keep the exp flowing, and any covers that I can win from lightning rounds/pvp/placement/progression and sending TU's to my alliance mates. Lots of requests for TU's keep coming from my PVE group.