Options
123457»

Comments

• HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    MLDB wrote:
    Excuse me please, but what level are your 3* Hulk, Storm and KK? I got past OML but then I was toast and only KK was left standing after a couple of rounds against Phoenix... icon_eek.gif

Hi! I never used hulk/Mohawk/kk against any round with oml. For reference they're levels 190/176/210 respectively.

Against Oml in r6, I used my own OML, rulk, and xfdp.

I tried your teams in round7, but no luck. Banner is level 530 so this is why I get it doesnt work. Hulkfinite was working, managed to do 60% of his life after 10 min, but then Banner got a match5 and my Hulk was done in just one turn. I tried again, and then he got two match4s and also done.

When you are in 5 land like me I think there is no team that can beat this bosses. That's it, I m done with this Anniversary...

Hulkfinite is not recommended for Banner rounds. You're pretty much helping him transform and smash you.

Works for round 8 though (kinda). Took out Phoenix but lost to SS because the board just dried up, as if the giant middle finger D3/Demiurge has been giving me was not prominent enough already.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HxiiiK wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    MLDB wrote:
    Excuse me please, but what level are your 3* Hulk, Storm and KK? I got past OML but then I was toast and only KK was left standing after a couple of rounds against Phoenix... icon_eek.gif

Hi! I never used hulk/Mohawk/kk against any round with oml. For reference they're levels 190/176/210 respectively.

I tried your teams in round7, but no luck. Banner is level 530 so this is why I get it doesnt work. Hulkfinite was working, managed to do 60% of his life after 10 min, but then Banner got a match5 and my Hulk was done in just one turn. I tried again, and then he got two match4s and also done.

When you are in 5 land like me I think there is no team that can beat this bosses. That's it, I m done with this Anniversary...

Hulkfinite is not recommended for Banner rounds. You're pretty much helping him transform and smash you.

Works for round 8 though (kinda). Took out Phoenix but lost to SS because the board just dried up, as if the giant middle finger D3/Demiurge has been giving me was not prominent enough already.

Nope. Requires just as much, or even more luck, thank Winfinite. I've lost 3/3 times trying this combo with either the cycle **** out and having to fall back to matches or Phoenix (lvl 439) gets a cascade and bye bye hulk. At least with Winfinite I can choose the exact tiles to convert. Not that that's working in R8 either.
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I guess this event was play tested using a 3 star roster. Level 500 phx on round 8 is a coin flip of you a third, or even second turn.

I've beat her the whole round twice, once with hulk Mohawk kk and once with OML cyke xfdp. It's all about luck though so phx doesn't kill you on her opening cascade.

They were so close to have a good anniversary that didn't leave an aftertaste of disappointment and broken dreams. So close.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mckauhu wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Cleared 7 w/ Kamala-3Hulk-MoStorm. Takes 20 minutes but bosses can't hurt you if they don't move.
    Is this really a reliable loop? Seems easy to run out of purple.

Surprisingly but yes it is, MoStorm collects purpletile.png
    I tried it and understand it even less now. Got absolutely nowhere. I was constantly having to have Hulk move and take damage to collect more green, and nothing does enough damage faster than OML can heal. I think this combo might be highly dependent on what level bosses you're seeing.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    I tried it and understand it even less now. Got absolutely nowhere. I was constantly having to have Hulk move and take damage to collect more green, and nothing does enough damage faster than OML can heal. I think this combo might be highly dependent on what level bosses you're seeing.

I don't think I used it against OML (maybe once?) I used Surfer-Switch-Fist for that one.

I used it definitely the entire round 7 against Banner, and most of round 8 against PHX. I'm facing 492 enemies in round 8.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

I don't think I used it against OML (maybe once?) I used Surfer-Switch-Fist for that one.

I used it definitely the entire round 7 against Banner, and most of round 8 against PHX. I'm facing 492 enemies in round 8.

I was facing 530 enemies in round7, and I dont think 3 teams work with those. Too slow, enemies need just one bad turn to kill any given 3 (I tried and lost).

Even in round 6 my enemies were 515-525-530.

I think I have asked in another thread but, has anybody with champed 5s (at least two champed 5s) won in round7 or round8 all the bosses? And what team did you use?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Cleared 7 w/ Kamala-3Hulk-MoStorm. Takes 20 minutes but bosses can't hurt you if they don't move.

Boss level does reduce the margin for error, but reliability has always seemed like a problem to me with the various storm infinite engines that people seem to like using. random AP collection just isn't reliable enough to ensure collecting purple AP to fuel kk. And without that you have to rely on Hulk to generate extra green passively, but that is suicide against phoenix in round 8.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [quote="Polares"
    I think I have asked in another thread but, has anybody with champed 5s (at least two champed 5s) won in round7 or round8 all the bosses? And what team did you use?[/quote]

Etheus has two, and I know he's using the Hulkfinite. Limited success, but success nonetheless.
  • corvus987
    corvus987 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have champed oml and phx and I finished rd8 using hulkfinite. Admittedly, it was very hit and miss 40% success rate. For rd7 I found oml/phoenix/howard to be pretty reliable.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    I think I have asked in another thread but, has anybody with champed 5s (at least two champed 5s) won in round7 or round8 all the bosses? And what team did you use?

My 5*s are not quite champed - OML 435, Phx 435, SS 420, enemy levels were 521 for Round 8. I had 2 wins out of 13 attempts in round 7, using OML/Phx/XDP. The key in that round was to transform OML in Wave 1, then keep on feeding red to him via Phx tanking, since you're basically coaxing a less than 60% health OML through the next two waves.

I had zero wins out of 18 attempts in round 8 using that combination. Closest I got was Galactus down to 50%.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I kept wiping to Phoenix in Round 8, but I made it through 1-7 using KK/3Storm/CHulk

KK at 3 Green
    Storm at 3 Yellow (3 black would be fine)
    CHulk at 3 Green (3 blue would be fine, as I rarely got his tile to count all the way down)

Like all the other Infinites, once they get going, I can win with enough AP. I found that 3Hulk didn't give enough candy when he got hit to keep up with the damage they took. So, I switched to CHulk, as he had more health to lose and True Healing that charges tiles (for bonus AP with 3Storm) and compounds with KK's yellow.

But as I said in the main Boss Rush thread, these teams feel like I'm defusing a bomb. 20 minutes per round if I win, and every move has to have multiple outcomes thought through.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

I ran out of chances to try it, but I *think* you need to use KK purpletile.png while you still have a couple of Lightning Bolts to go so that there's enough green on the board.

I ran it a few times and found it sputtered out way too often. Had more success getting gsbw/px + ant man (to tank for widow) off the ground.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I ran out of chances to try it, but I *think* you need to use KK purpletile.png while you still have a couple of Lightning Bolts to go so that there's enough green on the board.

I ran it a few times and found it sputtered out way too often. Had more success getting gsbw/px + ant man (to tank for widow) off the ground.

I don't know if this is any help, but one thing I noticed when I was getting into this strategy is that KK's purple says that it changes 7 tiles of the same color as the one selected green, not just 7 random tiles. It's surprisingly easy to set up a match-5 then, or several match-3s, which is usually how I kept the loop going.
  • MLDB
    MLDB Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    MLDB wrote:

The people I know with double 5s ended up going with SS+Mohawk+KK and +4 purple and using winfinite until it broke, then spamming board with black holes to try and regen AP between turns if necessary. For r7 a rulk TU was key just to try and curb Bannerhulk. I know a few double 5 guys who cleared it with that, but for sure a lot of champed 5 users got boned hard. My scaling wasn't crazy, r8 was 482 vs. my highest character OML lvl 450.
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    Options
    I managed to finish Round 8 on my last side node with 1 boss clear left over. For all but 2 of the Boss attempts I used Hulkfinite.

Boss attempts: at least 18, it may be more
    Cleared all 3 bosses: 4
    Beat PHX only: 3 times

That's at least 11 losses against Phoenix. For about half of them I did not get a 2nd turn. My last 3 losses Phoenix made a 1st turn match 5 of non- redtile.png . It was a >50% chance that I was going to lose within 3 turns no matter what I did.

Team Ups used in Round 8 were 4Cyc's Called Shot, Rulk's Gamma Siphon, and Penance Stare. If the team survived past turn 2, there was a good chance of surviving long enough to take down Phoenix. The strategy was to match either redtile.png or tutile.png preferably at the very start and allowing the greentile.png tiles to be matched by Hulk's Anger. Called Shot was used to clear red from the board or collect 1 specific color ap and/or set up a cascade. Gamma Siphon was an emergency boost of +7 greentile.png ap. Penance Stare was only to be used if you might not get past Phoenix and it could 1 shot her. Those were the 3 times I beat Phoenix but couldn't finish clearing the Boss round. Also, a good supply of those TUs are very difficult to obtain and I have to give thanks to my alliance for keeping up with my demand for 36 hour TUs this weekend. Gamma Siphons were invaluable against Banner in earlier rounds.

I know Ngoni and Talonoffworld were also able to finish Boss Rush using more 5* based teams.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zeeke wrote:
    I guess this event was play tested using a 3 star roster. Level 500 phx on round 8 is a coin flip of you a third, or even second turn.
    Yes, there was a definite "sweet spot" in the level required to make it through. Once you got too far past champed 5*, it became impossible to win without incredible luck. The event was obviously not tested with characters of 475+, because it was immediately apparent that something was broken.

Even R7, which was doable about 50% of the time and boring as all get out with Rulk/SS/MoStorm required a gimmicky winfinite-type team. Was this really the goal? Rather than play a typical match, to have to come up with the most gimmicky "never let your opponent have a move or you die" teams?