Guide to beating boss rush

Options

Comments

• Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ok this was in round 6. Prof X just got killed while invisible, so the invisible strategy doesn't work
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As I said in other thread, it's a 5* strategy but Surfer - Switch - Fist works very well. I'm bringing match damage boosts too but targeted AP generation and then 5* match damage is basically pushing the way through.

I did finally wipe to Surfer with it, but went 4 for 5 overall
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    Options
    A slow and old, but safe combo would be KK, Hulk, and 3storm. KK at 3 green, Hulk at 3 red, and Storm at 3 black or yellow (depending on play style). Let hulk take damage to make green, then use green via storm to fuel her black/yellow to heal hulk (and KKs purple to make more green to fuel things more). It's pretty slow, but once it gets rolling it's really hard to lose. I've had hulk get down to less than 5% health, and then he just gets healed back up to full again with so many powers firing.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As I said in other thread, it's a 5* strategy but Surfer - Switch - Fist works very well. I'm bringing match damage boosts too but targeted AP generation and then 5* match damage is basically pushing the way through.

I did finally wipe to Surfer with it, but went 4 for 5 overall

Tried this, but No. R6 is so chock full of AOE that Switch and Fist just die stupidly easily. I think I was lucky enough to get off one Switch countdown and a couple of Fist purples, but never had more than 2 black holes which hardly made a dent.

The only time I've even SEEN Boss SS was with an OML/PHX/SS team, and that lasted an absurdly short amount of time. I was going to screenshot his powers and post them but the gist is:

Red - 0 AP - You lose
    Black - 0 AP - You lose
    Blue - 0 AP - You lose
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kjempen wrote:
    Ok this was in round 6. Prof X just got killed while invisible, so the invisible strategy doesn't work

By what? Which enemy, which power?

It works perfectly fine it's just not bullet proof. None are. I just did it with Patch/IM/X and he was invisible the entire time.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mindsuckr wrote:
    A slow and old, but safe combo would be KK, Hulk, and 3storm. KK at 3 green, Hulk at 3 red, and Storm at 3 black or yellow (depending on play style). Let hulk take damage to make green, then use green via storm to fuel her black/yellow to heal hulk (and KKs purple to make more green to fuel things more). It's pretty slow, but once it gets rolling it's really hard to lose. I've had hulk get down to less than 5% health, and then he just gets healed back up to full again with so many powers firing.

I've been using this team, but with Hulk at 3 Green (you're never using his green over MoStorm) and Storm at 3 Black (the attack tiles make it harder to strategically place KK Purple). You're probably not going to get to fire Hulk's Red, but if you do, you probably already have more than 10 Green AP saved, so it's a lot of damage, and if you wait until you have enough purple you can just earn that green AP back. This just got me through Round 4, now to see if it can get me through Round 5.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yup, Prof X is the only chance I have getting past Phoenix in Round 6. Beat it once using Prof, psylocke, and TA Hulk. Ended up using a team up berserker rage since my attack.png were matched away and psylocke was downed. Beat it a second time using 5* Banner and carnage to make attack.png Asked alliance for team ups that make special tiles so I have a chance as prof x is alone and invisible
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quest34 wrote:
    Oml, Phoenix, and hood.

Respect OML 535 for max red damage.

Match red and green. Let hood generate the rest of the ap. Get as close to 30 red and purple in the first wave and flip OML when he is under 60% health. Then hopefully between casting OML red and generating additional red with Phoenix they don't get another turn.

Good team ups to bring to help with red ap generation.
    4 star Cyc
    3 star yellow Cyc
    IMHB blue
    IM46

"Respec OML" Hahahaha.
  • OpticalPrime
    Options
    Im new, day 4 but have been lucky with pulls. My boosted team of Dr Doom, Ares and Winter Soldier has done well.

Currently at 94k points overall. Beaten the main mission 4x. Bit hamstrung by not having the essential characters most of the time but got top 10 last story event which got me Dr. DOOM and Winter Soldier which seem to be essentials for most rounds
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For this guide to be useful, you need to also include what level the bosses you are facing are.

Because I can tell you a lot of these DO NOT WORK with the scaling going on in this event.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with Jobob. These are not working. I'm about to start again vs level 6. I have 6 champed 5's ranging from 450 to 477. Many characters can't be used because they get killed with one shot. I used OML, PHX, Hood in round 5 with great results. Hood is no good vs Phoenix in round 6. I could try a couple of the boosted 4's but synergy and speed is key. My bosses so far are OML at 97K and PHX at 117k I believe. I haven't gotten to Surfer yet. I will likely try PX OML and undetermined next. Please keep posting results.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Through rd5... SS/PHX/Mstorm, charge green tiles, save purple for last boss. Use SS red for more charged tiles, collect with storm.

Rd.6 success with SS/CHO/Mstorm, ap generation/collection loop
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    Tried this, but No. R6 is so chock full of AOE that Switch and Fist just die stupidly easily.

Huh? None of OML-PHX-Surfer use AoE
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tried this, but No. R6 is so chock full of AOE that Switch and Fist just die stupidly easily.

Huh? None of OML-PHX-Surfer use AoE

At least once for me, OML did damage to 2 different characters with one power (like the power damage went towards one character and the tile removal damage went towards another).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options

At least once for me, OML did damage to 2 different characters with one power (like the power damage went towards one character and the tile removal damage went towards another).

Yeah, OML's green is the biggest risk factor. Gamma Siphon TUs are good in a pinch to deal with that, but denying green waiting for Switch to go off also works.

One of my wins though came with Switch dying to OML, but by that time enough purple/black had been generated that Fist-Surfer could power through.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tried using winfinite out of frustration and they couldn't even survive match damage long enough to get rolling. How are people making this work?
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm 100% sure my Prof X got killed while invisible, in round 6, by Phoenix.

EDIT: And I'm fairly certain Old Man Logan damaged/killed more than one character in the previous round,
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only winning move is not to play.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boss Phoenix has an AE if she matches 5, I think.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Kjempen wrote:
    I'm 100% sure my Prof X got killed while invisible, in round 6, by Phoenix.

EDIT: And I'm fairly certain Old Man Logan damaged/killed more than one character in the previous round,

Same with my professor. The invisibility tile was still clearly on the board. When GG somehow stunned him then match damaged him to death.

Has happened twice this event