Guide to beating boss rush

Options

Comments

• Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I realise that this is... basically a wasted thought, but. Psylocke, that basically useless person, with her basically useless abilities? Almost everyone on your alliance has her anyway, and may of them champed, JUST to get that legendary token, and maybe turn her into a XFDP cover.

Her blue, comes as a team up, and it's... quite nice when you're in a number of the second rounds to just toss off if you can, just to drain 19 green before you get to Old Man Logan.

That and Loki Trickery have basically been the things that let me actually win. It's a lot of team up AP, but let's face it if you're getting to round three, you probably have it.

Just, give it a try sometime, and decide for yourself. I find it a lot better than trying to protect The Hood's incredibly frail child body from GG Goon tiles.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:
    Just made it to round 7 and Banner/Hulk is the first boss. I don't know if I just had a bad board but he made match 5's and cascades like a madman and the match damage was already bad enough so match 5's were doing ridiculous damage. I got wrecked.

Ditto. Desperately need RHulk or RHulk TU's to slow him down

Edit: After three futile attempts with Surfer-Switch-Fist, I switched to OML-RHulk-XDP. XDP died almost immediately to Banner, but constantly draining green bought me enough time to get through him.

It's Surfer-Galactus behind it. Transformed OML during Galactus and then unloaded all the yellow/red, downed him in one turn.

Dunno if it's sustainable, but keeping Banner from transforming I think is the only way to get through it. He does so much damage match/cascading from it.

HulkBuster is very good for stopping stopping Hulk. Rhulk TU's are better. (instant zero) But if he does manage to turn into Hulk, an HB blue can start sun going down the next turn sometimes. Which keeps you from taking a crazy amount of damage. Plus, terrible protect tiles, that ALMOST equal one gem worth of damage. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm in round 6 and KK Mohawk and Hulk got me through with Hulk losing 3k total health. It def requires time and luck but better than nothing.
    Also max Mohawk yellow not black
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Take a Deceptive Tactics TU against Hulk, if he hulks up you can clear a lot of green off the board with it
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CT1888 wrote:
    Take a Deceptive Tactics TU against Hulk, if he hulks up you can clear a lot of green off the board with it
    Howabout Howard's Green TU? Only requires one cover in it so should be pretty common.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Round 7 Hulk/KK/Storm still getting it done
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Round 7 Hulk/KK/Storm still getting it done
    I got it going through the Hulk, but couldn't keep it going for Surfer. And then I remembered. Kamala is still 5/3/5

Remember to respec your Kamala kiddies!
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ctenko wrote:
    I realise that this is... basically a wasted thought, but. Psylocke, that basically useless person, with her basically useless abilities? Almost everyone on your alliance has her anyway, and may of them champed, JUST to get that legendary token, and maybe turn her into a XFDP cover.

Her blue, comes as a team up, and it's... quite nice when you're in a number of the second rounds to just toss off if you can, just to drain 19 green before you get to Old Man Logan.

That and Loki Trickery have basically been the things that let me actually win. It's a lot of team up AP, but let's face it if you're getting to round three, you probably have it.

Just, give it a try sometime, and decide for yourself. I find it a lot better than trying to protect The Hood's incredibly frail child body from GG Goon tiles.

I like your TU suggestion! Psylocke seems like an interesting choice for this event. I was actually considering running her with Prof X to get cheap powers + strike + attack tiles that he could improve. The AP steal could be a life saver. Unfortunately, my Bosses are scaled too high to try something like that.

I beat Rd5 with a 4* team that includes Prof X, but a little different from what I've seen mentioned here. However, some of my favorite characters have been nerfed over the years (after posting on this forum), so I am reticent to post specific character combinations here.
  • MLDB
    MLDB Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Here's my teams I've used (currently on r8):

For reference my roster includes champed 450 oml +~10 champed 4 stars, no other high 5s. My boss enemies scaled through the 400s

R6- oml (553)+rulk(355)+xfdp(355) plus damage boosts and 1 nuke tu. Cleared 5.9/7 attempts.
    Strategy: extend the fight against wolvie while building up AP and trying to get a few strikes out. Use rulk to deny green (I like using it when he has 6 green). Let wolvie waste red on you before downing him and unloading everything you can on phx to down her ASAP. Once she's down surfer is a joke. Do not allow oml to transform on wolvie match, it is better to just match damage him down and transform on phx because you need high health to get through phx.

R7-same team as above, but change tu to chohulk green (champed tu does 20k). Cleared 4.9/7 attempts
    Strategy- prioritize purple or green to deny banner the transformation. Let xfdp retals whittle him down. If you're at least 50% health going into surfer, the rest of match is easy enough. Use chohulk tu on surfer cosmic tiles to avoid his 9k damaging passive and let xfdp and strike tiles down him. Let xfdp retals and strike tiles down galactus as well.

R8- I won 1 match by swapping rulk for cyke...but only won 1/4. Stupid phx cascades...there's no defense to rng
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just reached Round 8, it says 9000 points on a successful run but I think it is actually 90,000. Got most of the way through fighting Phoenix as the first boss and the points I received were about 26K.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cleared 7 w/ Kamala-3Hulk-MoStorm. Takes 20 minutes but bosses can't hurt you if they don't move.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Currently I can't get past Phoenix in Round 5, even with Hulk+KK+Storm. I'm not sure how I would since she unloads so much damage the first time she attacks. Plus lucky match-5s seem inevitable in that same round, leading to even more damage and stuns.

Edit: Oh boy, I'm almost to a 2* Storm cover icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What levels are your bosses?
    Cleared 7 w/ Kamala-3Hulk-MoStorm. Takes 20 minutes but bosses can't hurt you if they don't move.
  • Jco
    Jco Posts: 4
    Options
    I've tried looking around for an updated list because the first one passed to my alliance was inaccurate. Who do you face in Round 8?
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In r7 and still using kk, mostorm, and 4cyc. If I can get kk pink off, the ai never gets another turn, if not, I die without even making a dent. Make sure to never cast storm black and put her yellow at 5. Also, really need to utilize cyc powers effectively, which means not always using red when it's fully powered with tus and not always chasing red with his blue. Some times his red destroying one tile can make that crucial match to refire kk pink or storm green.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Peej13 wrote:
    What levels are your bosses?

Dunno, don't pay attention to their level, 450+ for sure.

Banner's around 65k, Surfer ~72k, Galactus 82k.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jco wrote:
    I've tried looking around for an updated list because the first one passed to my alliance was inaccurate. Who do you face in Round 8?
    It starts with Phoenix, I only had one try before the refresh and didn't quite finish her off. For me, I think she had health between 50K and 60K.

Would guess that Surfer and Galactus finish it off, but don't know for sure.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've made 4 successful clears on 7 with Champ Rulk, Champ MoStorm and 435 OML. + 2 P/B 50% R/Y damage and a useful TU of choice.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this really a reliable loop? Seems easy to run out of purple.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Is this really a reliable loop? Seems easy to run out of purple.

Surprisingly but yes it is, MoStorm collects purpletile.png