Hit 13 times in one hour by one person

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Judge Judy: You've done nothing wrong. Play however you want. The only rules are the ones coded in to the game. Anything else is just someone's suggestions. Don't let other players pressure/guilt you in to playing an any manner other than the ones that makes the game enjoyable for you.
    The same advice applies to those who choose to hit the same player 13 times in a row, of course. Until the devs choose to make one or both types of play mentioned here impossible, all etiquette is based purely on social negotiation and the fear of consequences, just like in real life.
  • Andy9009
    Andy9009 Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    We all know S4 is a terrible slice to be in. You'll have a much more pleasant experience in S2, S3, S1, or S5 (in that order). Try Versus events in those time slots and you'll discover that pvp is quite enjoyable.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Maybe a happy medium, since I don't see them taking away the names, would be some way to allow in game communication with any player? That way, if you feel targeted, you could message someone, and see what the deal was?

If I hit someone twice in a row, they could send a message saying "hey, gimme 5 minutes to finish this match and I'm going to shield."
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    Judge Judy: You've done nothing wrong. Play however you want. The only rules are the ones coded in to the game. Anything else is just someone's suggestions. Don't let other players pressure/guilt you in to playing an any manner other than the ones that makes the game enjoyable for you.
    The same advice applies to those who choose to hit the same player 13 times in a row, of course. Until the devs choose to make one or both types of play mentioned here impossible, all etiquette is based purely on social negotiation and the fear of consequences, just like in real life.

In my opinion, there is a world of difference between being a jerk on accident versus being a jerk on purpose.
  • Dayv
    Spudgutter wrote:
    Maybe a happy medium, since I don't see them taking away the names, would be some way to allow in game communication with any player? That way, if you feel targeted, you could message someone, and see what the deal was?

If I hit someone twice in a row, they could send a message saying "hey, gimme 5 minutes to finish this match and I'm going to shield."
    I shudder to think of the messages that would be sent.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now is the time to kill two time slices. More targets for all.

My dream though is a single time slice with rotating end times.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    DayvBang wrote:

Griefing is possible in every game, there's no way around it as griefers will always find a way to get their fix, no matter how much you try to adjust the game. So it's not like griefing is just another "playstyle" endorsed by the devs. Usually, the only effective methods that games have found to deal with griefers is to allow the community to deal with them publicly, so what Judge Judy did with this thread is correct, I believe.

Maybe we can have a stickied thread named BBDNH (Big Baby, Do Not Hit) so we can keep track of grudgey, vengeful folk that will visit upon you tenfold if you dare hitting them more than once (in a month? lifetime? not sure how long do they keep their memories of grievance).
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    Spudgutter wrote:
    In my opinion, there is a world of difference between being a jerk on accident versus being a jerk on purpose.

Sure is; doing it on purpose is biblical!

"The revenger of blood himself shall slay the murderer: when he meeteth him, he shall slay him." —Numbers 35:19

Spider "Revenger of Points" Kev!

Judy shoulda stayed in that city of shield refuge until the high priest bucked the kicket and the goodies were passed out and we all went home for jubilee.

That would have been so much much simpler! Oh why didn't anyone think of this back in 2014?

Oh, wait hundreds of people did.

Fewer slices should also bring additional CLs online faster.

CLs .... something else they are making way too many of, but oh well. Just get the higher out already.
  • Dayv
    Spudgutter wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

I think the parties involved have different opinions of what constitutes being a jerk, and what's done by accident.

As long as the game shows you the names (and alliances, with a bit more work) of opponents, people will expect you to pay a certain amount of attention to those names. Around those names, people will build up associations. How they respond to those associations is entirely up to them. I'm not trying to state a value judgement here.

One player played the way they wanted to. Names were shown on who they targeted, and by who they were targeted.

The other player did the same.

Each player could at any time choose to alter their play style, and to engage in more or less communication with their fellow players.

If you have ever chosen to skip or prefer a match based on who the opponent is, rather than just the team and points displayed, you have engaged in the social aspect of PvP.

This is the PvP game as it stands today. Everything else is just details.
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    D3 please remove the player names from the PVP interface. It serves no other purpose than to allow for shenanigans like this KOS **** and "truces". It would be my dream come true if you remove this and let the whining commence.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spudgutter wrote:

Sure is; doing it on purpose is biblical!

"The revenger of blood himself shall slay the murderer: when he meeteth him, he shall slay him." —Numbers 35:19

Spider "Revenger of Points" Kev!

Judy shoulda stayed in that city of shield refuge until the high priest bucked the kicket and the goodies were passed out and we all went home for jubilee.

That would have been so much much simpler! Oh why didn't anyone think of this back in 2014?

Oh, wait hundreds of people did.

Fewer slices should also bring additional CLs online faster.

CLs .... something else they are making way too many of, but oh well. Just get the higher out already.

Yeah less time slices sounds like a good idea...so long as they get rid of slices 4 and 5. If 1 2 or 3 go then I will have to quit the game as playing at 5am isn't something I'm interested in
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    I think we need a play by play breakdown of the next in season pvp. List your snipers

* Grabs some more popcorn*
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Andy9009 wrote:
    We all know S4 is a terrible slice to be in. You'll have a much more pleasant experience in S2, S3, S1, or S5 (in that order). Try Versus events in those time slots and you'll discover that pvp is quite enjoyable.

I absolutely agree with you Andy!
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    Spudgutter wrote:

I shudder to think of the messages that would be sent.

There's another Marvel mobile game with a Versus component and a global IG chat, and the chat is just full of juvenile troll-bait.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    If you are on a KOS list, the late climbing enforcers will go out of their way to hunt you down. While you may not be paying attention to who you are hitting, those getting hit are and will report being hit by you to their group.

The only way to get off a KOS list is to get into contact with the alliance in question and try to negotiate something which will at the very least mean you will have to shield check or avoid hitting that alliance's members. And since it seems you don't use LINE it will probably be the latter.

What makes it a bit more complicated is that it probably isn't just one alliance you have to be careful of since most top alliances have truces and work together. But usually it's only one or two that employ enforcers.

Anyway, I can't think of any other way out of that situation. Good luck!

Edit to add: And yes, i know i am the butt-hurt king but it wasn't me this time lol

And btw welcome to the forums judge judy! ^-^)ノ☆

That's a very apt description of organized crime "protection" rackets. wow.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    DalekGAF wrote:
    D3 please remove the player names from the PVP interface. It serves no other purpose than to allow for shenanigans like this KOS tinykitty and "truces". It would be my dream come true if you remove this and let the whining commence.
    Why don't we just shut down the servers entirely and make it a purely single player game? Removing more functionality for player interaction is a step in the wrong direction. The social element of the game is a large part of what keeps the money rolling in for D3.
  • jobob
    Pylgrim wrote:
    [Usually, the only effective methods that games have found to deal with griefers is to allow the community to deal with them publicly, so what Judge Judy did with this thread is correct, I believe.
    ...lol, isn't that exactly what the community did with a griefer? Repeatedly called out Judge Judy for being a griefer and an enforcer dealt with her? But it seems like you have a problem with that, even though you are saying it's the only effective method, and the correct one.

Which is it?
  • Just to add (as OP) that original attacker did nothing wrong - I was just wondering why the known norm was violated, which was answered.

I could care less about enforcers, KOS lists, etc.

I climb late. Some people have an issue with that (which is understandable), but it doesn't violate any norms that I'm aware of. Hitting unshielded people is unfortunate and inevitable. Double tapping is attempted to be avoided, but my short attention span and limited queue doesn't help.

Could this have been handled with a PM? Sure, but I like sunshine!

c'est la vie
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Konman wrote:
    If you are on a KOS list, the late climbing enforcers will go out of their way to hunt you down. While you may not be paying attention to who you are hitting, those getting hit are and will report being hit by you to their group.

The only way to get off a KOS list is to get into contact with the alliance in question and try to negotiate something which will at the very least mean you will have to shield check or avoid hitting that alliance's members. And since it seems you don't use LINE it will probably be the latter.

What makes it a bit more complicated is that it probably isn't just one alliance you have to be careful of since most top alliances have truces and work together. But usually it's only one or two that employ enforcers.

Edit to add: And yes, i know i am the butt-hurt king but it wasn't me this time lol

The last time I checked no one is paying for protection....I'm still broke!
  • jobob
    Konman wrote:

Or a police department, depending on how you view it.

...Or maybe a combination of the two... Like UNCANNY X-FORCE! Sweet.
This discussion has been closed.