Hit 13 times in one hour by one person

Comments

• SpiderKev
    SpiderKev Posts: 78 Match Maker
    World Cup of Hockey champs!
    zonatahunt wrote:
    SpiderKev wrote:
    Gotta go a little slower and use smaller words I guess eh, Z?

1. I didn't whine to anyone about the hits. They came to me. It's just a game - hits happen.
    2. Last cut PVP was the example I gave to his commanders - as mentioned he has been hitting me for a while. That's fine. Here in Canada we have a hockey thing where we take a number and pay back later.
    3. MPQ isn't real life. You guys get a little too worked up about this game I think!.

It's just hilarious that you seem to think you should be able to make your climbs when you want and without any hits coming your way. You do realize all your targets are losing points right? By your rational, if you've ever hit someone more than once (me, me, me!!) then fourteen attempted hits against you is justified? By your behavior with JJ I think your noggin' would implode, then explode, then do it all over again.

Btw, next time just inform us of your inherent disabilities first. If I knew you were Canadian I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to understand such bass-ackwards behavior! icon_e_smile.gif
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I have to agree with JVreal - in general, the X-men I've spent time with are wonderful people! I really enjoy my time with the #check folks overall.

I also have to say - being in an alliance with Judge Judy - also a wonderful person!

Which leads me to (again): it's a bummer that MMR puts folks into a situation where you can only see the same person all event. It's a bummer that unwritten rules are out there when you can't use Line, I get Judy's point! It's a bummer that not everyone can communicate out-of-game (Line) to run with those rules to more easily live and let live, I get multi-tappers point! (Hey, we've all been hit...none of us like it....)

I wish there was an easy solution that let everyone live and let live! (Wait...there are...many have suggested them. I may have suggested several at the bottom of page 1 in this thread!)

...what's interesting reading this entire thread, is the person/side folks think is "right" seems to depend on their style of play (and somewhat their level of roster).

Cant everyone just chill and share a cupcake lol
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    SpiderKev wrote:
    Would you rather me shield bounce everyone and then put a weak team up so you and your teammates and easily beat it? I've been there and done that - it doesn't appeal to me anymore because I don't have the time. But I understand some love to play that way and see the team work it takes icon_e_smile.gif.
    Just like some love to just hit people and dump points and do it all over again (hardest way to play - I don't know how people have played this way for so long). But I see how that can be fun for those funny guys too. I'm somewhere in between I guess - MPQ purgatory.
    Do I get to judge your guys' personal life now because of how you play MPQ?
    Nah, everyone will and should take their lumps. With big alliances coordinating is useful, and to be a part of it you concede to the alliance etiquette. There are alliances out there that believe in no-holds-barred PVP, I was not aware that X-men was one of them. I do not get that general impression. Your behavior reflects upon your alliance.

I wouldn't judge your personal life, didn't even bring it up, you did, but not necessary. A person's play style is a truer reflection of their inner working than their public appearance. Anonymity allows one to show their true colors in an environment where true repercussions do not exist.

I personally find joy in helping people out, getting points for my alliance, and honoring truce's. Line lets me interact with my alliance mates to a better extent than in game chat. If I hit someone on accident, and someone lets me know, I apologize. I'm sure when I get to 5* land, I'll experience the crossroads that you guys are at now. Hit the handful of options I have or don't score... the only option to progress is to hit for points. I'm glad I'm not there yet. Hopefully I'll still be able to maintain relationships with other players for the social aspect of the game.

If you are having fun playing the game, good on you. I just hope it isn't at the expense of the fun of someone else by targeting them intentionally, repeatedly for the sole purpose of decreasing their enjoyment of it.
  • Maceo511
    Maceo511 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    SpiderKev wrote:
    World Cup of Hockey champs!
    zonatahunt wrote:
    SpiderKev wrote:
    Gotta go a little slower and use smaller words I guess eh, Z?

1. I didn't whine to anyone about the hits. They came to me. It's just a game - hits happen.
    2. Last cut PVP was the example I gave to his commanders - as mentioned he has been hitting me for a while. That's fine. Here in Canada we have a hockey thing where we take a number and pay back later.
    3. MPQ isn't real life. You guys get a little too worked up about this game I think!.

It's just hilarious that you seem to think you should be able to make your climbs when you want and without any hits coming your way. You do realize all your targets are losing points right? By your rational, if you've ever hit someone more than once (me, me, me!!) then fourteen attempted hits against you is justified? By your behavior with JJ I think your noggin' would implode, then explode, then do it all over again.

Btw, next time just inform us of your inherent disabilities first. If I knew you were Canadian I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to understand such bass-ackwards behavior! icon_e_smile.gif
    Is it true you were drinking maple syrup at a Tim Hortons while watching the World Cup of Hockey?
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    What the hell is hockey? Roll Tide.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never been an Ice Hockey fan, but I think it's because of the ice. I can't skate to save my life.

I like Air Hockey, and Floor Hockey... but Ice... it is not my friend.
  • SpiderKev
    SpiderKev Posts: 78 Match Maker
    JVReal wrote:
    I can't skate to save my life.

The one true travesty in this whole thread.

Keep your legs shoulder width apart, bend your knees slightly , stick your butt out, keep your head up, keep your toes pointed slightly east/west. Push once lightly, glide. Other foot, same. As you get better push off harder and quicker.

If you fall, fall forward. Get up on both knees, put one knee up, put both hands on that knee and push your self up.

You kids out there, make sure you wear proper CSA approved helmets too!
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2016
    If you find personal joy in helping other people out, why don't you appreciate the fact that Judge Judy was helping SpiderKev out by allowing him to climb?

Also, regardless of whether you have a 5* team, isn't the only option to hit for points?

This is another example of the second person that takes a swing getting caught. In however long I've played this game, I've only come across one, maybe two, people who can get riled up enough to do something like this as a result of one or two hits (and they are probably not sane). I can't believe it was a one, two, three, or even seven or eight time thing. Sounds like Her Honor has been doing this for months, and SpiderKev took the opportunity to climb off of her. So, whom should be to blame here? I think the root cause...

Really, though, what did you think would come of this "public shaming?" He's not going to suddenly feel bad and stop hitting you. I might feel bad for you if you weren't so notorious for doing exactly what you probably did to SKev - hitting people late, while they're hopping, for over 70 points. If that's the way you want to play, fine. You just really shouldn't be surprised when someone gets fed up.

JVReal wrote:
    SpiderKev wrote:
    Would you rather me shield bounce everyone and then put a weak team up so you and your teammates and easily beat it? I've been there and done that - it doesn't appeal to me anymore because I don't have the time. But I understand some love to play that way and see the team work it takes icon_e_smile.gif.
    Just like some love to just hit people and dump points and do it all over again (hardest way to play - I don't know how people have played this way for so long). But I see how that can be fun for those funny guys too. I'm somewhere in between I guess - MPQ purgatory.
    Do I get to judge your guys' personal life now because of how you play MPQ?
    Nah, everyone will and should take their lumps. With big alliances coordinating is useful, and to be a part of it you concede to the alliance etiquette. There are alliances out there that believe in no-holds-barred PVP, I was not aware that X-men was one of them. I do not get that general impression. Your behavior reflects upon your alliance.

I wouldn't judge your personal life, didn't even bring it up, you did, but not necessary. A person's play style is a truer reflection of their inner working than their public appearance. Anonymity allows one to show their true colors in an environment where true repercussions do not exist.

I personally find joy in helping people out, getting points for my alliance, and honoring truce's. Line lets me interact with my alliance mates to a better extent than in game chat. If I hit someone on accident, and someone lets me know, I apologize. I'm sure when I get to 5* land, I'll experience the crossroads that you guys are at now. Hit the handful of options I have or don't score... the only option to progress is to hit for points. I'm glad I'm not there yet. Hopefully I'll still be able to maintain relationships with other players for the social aspect of the game.

If you are having fun playing the game, good on you. I just hope it isn't at the expense of the fun of someone else by targeting them intentionally, repeatedly for the sole purpose of decreasing their enjoyment of it.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards

Cant everyone just chill and share a cupcake lol

No! No cupcakes allowed!

-Demiurge
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whoa, helpful reminder not to hurry up my 5* transition. Apparently getting to play with the "big boys" means risking to accidentally step on the toes of some "big babies" and be disproportionately punished for it.

It is kind of depressing to find out that no matter how vital or trivial the endeavour, any human community forming around it will by-produce a Mob, coalescing at the top and around the rim, like scum on boiling gold.
  • dan54321
    dan54321 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Ah, etiquette in PVP. Judge Judy is considered a "sniper" in S4, which means that he has hit people so many times during their shield hops, including doubling them or worse during their shield hops, that they have concluded that he's a menace and that probably he's wrecking their score for sadistic fun. And there are such snipers out there, believe it or not. And there are people who will try to protect their teammates from such people.

Unfortunately sometimes this perception can be wrong. Some people who are snipers don't even realize it. Some are actually trying to follow etiquette by giving people a little time to shield before hitting them, as it sounds Judge is doing, although it seems he's not following the etiquette about doubling. I myself tried super hard to follow the etiquette but became known as a sniper, to my incredible dismay. It seems that I had been waiting so long for people to shield up after queuing their cupcakes, that when I finally hit them they had unshielded again, and I inadvertently sniped them. "Old queues" as they call them.

For me, using LINE finally helped me time my attacks so I didn't mess up other people's shield hops. If you can't or don't want to use LINE, then I suggest you try to avoid hitting other people multiple times during events, especially in rapid succession, which is called "doubling" or even "tripling" and is against etiquette, and even consider skipping them altogether if you hit them in a previous event, so they don't feel picked on. Waiting 10-20 minutes to hit them after you've queued them would probably be another kind thing to do, too. Another thing is to consider that the higher people climb, the more damage you'll do to them -- the game scales it so that if somebody hits you when you've got 400 points, you'll take about half the damage as if you had 1000 points, or something like that. Hitting people for a high point value if they have a high score is going to cause a lot of damage to them. In other words, hitting someone for 75 points when they're at 400 points doesn't make their score go down a whole 75 points; the amount of damage they take gets reduced. But the higher they climb, the less the damage gets reduced, until eventually they're taking the full 75 points. If you just hit people for 30 points, you'll never have to worry about this, but you will climb more slowly.

In any case, now more than ever, with all the misery of trying to earn points in this cupcake-free PVP, etiquette is very appreciated!
  • jobob
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Whoa, helpful reminder not to hurry up my 5* transition. Apparently getting to play with the "big boys" means risking to accidentally step on the toes of some "big babies" and be disproportionately punished for it.

It is kind of depressing to find out that no matter how vital or trivial the endeavour, any human community forming around it will by-produce a Mob, coalescing at the top and around the rim, like scum on boiling gold.
    Who is the scum in your analogy? Judy or Skev? I think you're being harsh to either.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I'm with Peej. Guys spend 2+ days building their score to have it sniped at 70+ pts per hit in the last 3 hours. That sucks, and people do take it personally if it continues to happen. Now you know. Some guys are douchier than others about it, and in the future you should try to avoid the douchiest of the **** to make your climbs easier.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    SpiderKev wrote:
    You kids out there, make sure you wear proper CSA approved helmets too!

Always thinking of the children!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    jobob wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Who is the scum in your analogy? Judy or Skev? I think you're being harsh to either.

Neither. The scum is the Mob mentality that caused Judy to be mistakenly identified as an undesirable element and be disproportionally punished for it. That "us, the family vs others, the enemy" mindset that causes so much woe in the world.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    dan54321 wrote:
    Ah, etiquette in PVP. Judge Judy is considered a "sniper" in S4, which means that he has hit people so many times during their shield hops, including doubling them or worse during their shield hops, that they have concluded that he's a menace and that probably he's wrecking their score for sadistic fun. And there are such snipers out there, believe it or not. And there are people who will try to protect their teammates from such people.

Unfortunately sometimes this perception can be wrong. Some people who are snipers don't even realize it.

I remember lots of threads awhile back debating what the term "sniper" means. I still think that is folks that can see you unshield, wait for you to do it, hunt you down, and hit you. Some are of the opinion that it means they hit you in between shield hops. Problem there being there are LOTS of folks that aren't in communication rooms (or must of the Line vets would never get hit, period!). And without CC's people are out longer, it's hard to wait "long enough" anymore to ensure politeness to others to re-shield.

Double tapping is almost always frowned upon, of course. But lots admit they do it at the end when the MMR/targets dry up!
    Guys spend 2+ days building their score to have it sniped at 70+ pts per hit in the last 3 hours. That sucks, and people do take it personally if it continues to happen.

Shouldn't those folks be taking it personally against the game design? I do. I've been begging the devs to make the first 48 hours of the PVP's "matter" for years now.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    A few weeks ago, I was on the positive side of a sniper. Apparently the sniper needed to dump points to keep their target on their radar, and I was a convenient queue that kept reappearing. I got 6 defensive wins from the sniper in less than an hour. Not that the points from 6 defensive wins amounted to anything, but I was so confused by what was happening until my alliance clued me in.

If you need to dump points to keep hitting someone, then that may be taking this enforcement thing a little too far.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Tee wrote:
    That's a thing that happens?

Damn man. Do I even want to PvP? I usually just attack people based on teams not the names.

Yeah, I don't even read the names.
  • jobob
    Orion wrote:
    A few weeks ago, I was on the positive side of a sniper. Apparently the sniper needed to dump points to keep their target on their radar, and I was a convenient queue that kept reappearing. I got 6 defensive wins from the sniper in less than an hour. Not that the points from 6 defensive wins amounted to anything, but I was so confused by what was happening until my alliance clued me in.

If you need to dump points to keep hitting someone, then that may be taking this enforcement thing a little too far.
    The enforcers that dump to keep a target on their "radar" are doing so because that's what the sniper is doing. The difference is... The sniper is intentionally trying to keep his points low so that when he hits someone, it's for -75. He wants you to feel it. He may take 7,000 points away and end up and 1200 for a PVP. That's just being a tiny kitty for no reason.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I will echo the sentiments of people that want the names to not be shown.

When I play PVP, I usually have a finite time, so I almost never look at the name of the team I am fighting. I look first at the team to see if I can beat them, then see if the points offered are worth the effort. If so, I fight. If not, I skip.

I have line on the same phone that I have the game, and jumping back and forth sometimes makes the game crash (something that can just happen randomly anyway...) so I don't think I should have to do outside communication just to play the game. Am I the weirdo for thinking that?

If for some reason the game puts you into my queue multiple times, get mad at the game, not me. And don't assume I am doing it on purpose. When I come back and see that I was hit several times, I just skip over the notification and jump in with the same two step process, again ignoring names
This discussion has been closed.