Hit 13 times in one hour by one person

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards

What makes it a bit more complicated is that it probably isn't just one alliance you have to be careful of since most top alliances have truces and work together. But usually it's only one or two that employ enforcers.

Yeesh. I'm glad I'm not at top-level play. I'm not ready to face down the mafia.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    jobob wrote:
    You have a couple other options. Join a bigger alliance family, who will tell you who to hit or not hit. Or, stick to targets who play outside the alliance/truce system.

Bear in mind, Judge Judy said they can't won't use Line or other communication tools. Within the app there's no way to discern that information - you've got a name, an alliance, a team, and a point value. That's it. You can't tell who's formed truces or teamed up, or who's on the same plane not using those tools. You basically told them to read a Chinese dictionary - and here, to help you out, here's a Chinese dictionary.

If there's any information to be gleaned - look at who hit you and which alliances they were from. If you've earned the ire of someone holding a grudge, particularly if they have backup, there's nothing you can do about it but take your lumps, lay low, and hope they forget about you.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    If you're being stalked in real life would you follow the same routine or mix it up? Change your routine if you want to avoid this situation.

Allow me to hypothesise. 13 times is excessive. Like seriously bad. Personally I only get that irrational if someone hurts my kid or someone I care deeply for. You may have hit someone's SO or something. Or you may have double tapped their SO on numerous occasions. I'd be more aware of who you hit too.

Of course there's many snipers known, it's more likely to be that. So I'd recommend joining LINE. People in check rooms are very nice and helpful. Not bullies like many people on here try to infer. LINE promotes inclusivity it's not a secret club, it's only a thing because MPQ lacks in game communication.
  • SpiderKev
    SpiderKev Posts: 78 Match Maker
    It would've been 14 but you put your shield up.

BTW - before we continue - what was your old game tag so I know who I am taking to. Or did you purchase this account from someone (D3 may want to research this)?
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    What are the "rules" around this? I got hit by someone and retaliated. Moments later, THEY retaliated. And then I did. And then they did. I am not sure how many times this happened. Should one of us have stopped?

This was right after I dropped shields to hit a target, won the match, and then discovered I'd lost 120 points in the three minutes it took to finish. This was about 6 hours before the end time.

Is this normal? I was just trying to get the 900 point placement award and was maybe 60 points away. Did I upset an alliance or did my weak time get eaten up like... cupcakes?

[I have 3 low-level championed 4s. A bunch of unleveled 5 stars with no more than 4-5 covers each.]
  • BTW - before we continue - what was your old game tag so I know who I am taking to. Or did you purchase this account from someone (D3 may want to research this)?

Nope, just me, always same tag. Well, actually, I was judge wapner for a month when I first started - I reset when I realized I did silly things that were not easily undone (like purchase 2* covers for hp). I was briefly judge joe brown when my phone bricked so I could tell the alliance at the time that I wasn't AWOL on purpose.

Investigate away. This is far less shady than having an alliance of 100+, when the rules specifically specify 20...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    What are the "rules" around this? I got hit by someone and retaliated. Moments later, THEY retaliated. And then I did. And then they did. I am not sure how many times this happened. Should one of us have stopped?

This was right after I dropped shields to hit a target, won the match, and then discovered I'd lost 120 points in the three minutes it took to finish. This was about 6 hours before the end time.

Is this normal? I was just trying to get the 900 point placement award and was maybe 60 points away. Did I upset an alliance or did my weak time get eaten up like... cupcakes?

[I have 3 low-level championed 4s. A bunch of unleveled 5 stars with no more than 4-5 covers each.]

Depends on how much you were worth. If they hit you, you were worth more points then they were. If you retal'd right away, you made sure they went down (a little) in points - and you might have already -still- been worth more points then they were. So you gave them an easy queue!

Or it might have been someone who hates being hit. I have experienced some that basically will take all retaliations.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    TxMoose wrote:
    depending on who it was, I can name at least 6-8 people who'll do it just to do it, because that's who they are. and can name several alliances that can make life miserable if you "mis-step". would need to know who it was though.

Can we get said list please.
  • liminal_lad
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Depends on how much you were worth. If they hit you, you were worth more points then they were. If you retal'd right away, you made sure they went down (a little) in points - and you might have already -still- been worth more points then they were. So you gave them an easy queue!

Or it might have been someone who hates being hit. I have experienced some that basically will take all retaliations.

That's helpful to know. I'm assuming it was all point-based and that I should have tried to grab those last 60 points earlier in the day. I really don't get how anyone succeeds at this except that super whales. Even with shields I was destroyed quickly. There was no way to climb as fast as I was defeated.

The re-retaliation really did trigger a fight response, so maybe the other guy had that reaction first.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    depending on who it was, I can name at least 6-8 people who'll do it just to do it, because that's who they are. and can name several alliances that can make life miserable if you "mis-step". would need to know who it was though.

Can we get said list please.
    Here is the list, but it had to be modified to meet forum rules:

Aclu-v-ashcroft-redacted.jpg
  • liminal_lad
    I will say though: I wish there was a way to play anonymously -- The idea of a KOS (kill on sight?) list and enforcers makes this way to stressful. I can see how this would be fun for a very small segment of the population, but it sounds a little unhealthy to a more casual player.
  • SpiderKev
    Try to say on your own topic please. What would you like to discuss - multiple hits or multi alliance teams. I'm reasonable and open to either discussion.
    judge judy wrote:
    BTW - before we continue - what was your old game tag so I know who I am taking to. Or did you purchase this account from someone (D3 may want to research this)?

Nope, just me, always same tag. Well, actually, I was judge wapner for a month when I first started - I reset when I realized I did silly things that were not easily undone (like purchase 2* covers for hp). I was briefly judge joe brown when my phone bricked so I could tell the alliance at the time that I wasn't AWOL on purpose.

Investigate away. This is far less shady than having an alliance of 100+, when the rules specifically specify 20...
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Calnexin wrote:
    jobob wrote:
    You have a couple other options. Join a bigger alliance family, who will tell you who to hit or not hit. Or, stick to targets who play outside the alliance/truce system.

Bear in mind, Judge Judy said they can't won't use Line or other communication tools. Within the app there's no way to discern that information - you've got a name, an alliance, a team, and a point value. That's it. You can't tell who's formed truces or teamed up, or who's on the same plane not using those tools. You basically told them to read a Chinese dictionary - and here, to help you out, here's a Chinese dictionary.
    She can't use the in-game chat? She can obviously use the forums.

There are alliances who play nice with each other, and the people in her alliance who do use Line know who they are. There are alliances that don't play nice, and individuals who don't play nice. These are also well known. Judge can get all this information from inside the game, no need for Line.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will say though: I wish there was a way to play anonymously -- The idea of a KOS (kill on sight?) list and enforcers makes this way to stressful. I can see how this would be fun for a very small segment of the population, but it sounds a little unhealthy to a more casual player.
    A casual player will never be KOS.

You'll get treated as a random and people move on.

At least that was back in the age of cupcakes.
    These days chances are you're not even seeing the people who would put you on KOS lists because your roster is too low - they're all running 5* teams.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Judge Judy: You've done nothing wrong. Play however you want. The only rules are the ones coded in to the game. Anything else is just someone's suggestions. Don't let other players pressure/guilt you in to playing an any manner other than the ones that makes the game enjoyable for you.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:

These days chances are you're not even seeing the people who would put you on KOS lists because your roster is too low - they're all running 5* teams.

Tell me about it. I was running S4 for the weekday PvP which used to be great for progression, but not placement and I barely hit 1200 running level 452 OML and 420 Phoenix. Double maxed 5*s everywhere and my Phoenix doesn't even have 5 in purple
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    judge judy wrote:
    So somebody sent a message, and I need help translating. Some background:

I can't/won't use LINE or other outside communication.
    I'm in a top 100 alliance.
    I have 2 champed 5*, and a 12 cover 5*.
    I start late slice 4, climb until progression and stop.
    I literally only see the same 20 people until 900. After that selection expands a bit, but it's champed 5* from the beginning.
    I skip until I get a 70+ point, go to the next spot, do the same, until I have 3 70+ pointers. After that, I alternate nodes to give everybody a chance to shield. Sometimes, I leave a 75 pointer up and alternate between 2 nodes. I stop at full progression.
    I have seen maybe 1 cupcake in the wild, and I follow the above.
    I skip anybody in my alliance, but don't look/care who the other people are. I don't look/care who the toons are.

So during Cage Match, somebody hit me 13 times in one hour. I started 3.25 hours before end, and followed the above pattern. I didn't notice hitting anybody in particular, and skip people I've hit recently.

What was the message? How do I avoid this in future? Please be specific - saying "i upset an alliance" doesn't help me if I can't change a behavior.

My guess is it's because you started 3.25 hours before the end. It's basically thunderdome at that point. That person may have hit you 13 times, but that person may also have hit a bunch of other people multiple times too. Or maybe you were the only person with a high score their MMR would let them see, with hours left before the end etiquette tends to fly out the window.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    woopie wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Tell me about it. I was running S4 for the weekday PvP which used to be great for progression, but not placement and I barely hit 1200 running level 452 OML and 420 Phoenix. Double maxed 5*s everywhere and my Phoenix doesn't even have 5 in purple
    You should be able to take out championed 5* with that team.
  • SpiderKev
    No, I could queue up lots of other people. Some times I had to skip 10x or so past other 75 pt nodes to find him again.
    cyineedsn wrote:
    judge judy wrote:
    So somebody sent a message, and I need help translating. Some background:

I can't/won't use LINE or other outside communication.
    I'm in a top 100 alliance.
    I have 2 champed 5*, and a 12 cover 5*.
    I start late slice 4, climb until progression and stop.
    I literally only see the same 20 people until 900. After that selection expands a bit, but it's champed 5* from the beginning.
    I skip until I get a 70+ point, go to the next spot, do the same, until I have 3 70+ pointers. After that, I alternate nodes to give everybody a chance to shield. Sometimes, I leave a 75 pointer up and alternate between 2 nodes. I stop at full progression.
    I have seen maybe 1 cupcake in the wild, and I follow the above.
    I skip anybody in my alliance, but don't look/care who the other people are. I don't look/care who the toons are.

So during Cage Match, somebody hit me 13 times in one hour. I started 3.25 hours before end, and followed the above pattern. I didn't notice hitting anybody in particular, and skip people I've hit recently.

What was the message? How do I avoid this in future? Please be specific - saying "i upset an alliance" doesn't help me if I can't change a behavior.

My guess is it's because you started 3.25 hours before the end. It's basically thunderdome at that point. That person may have hit you 13 times, but that person may also have hit a bunch of other people multiple times too. Or maybe you were the only person with a high score their MMR would let them see, with hours left before the end etiquette tends to fly out the window.
  • Try to say on your own topic please. What would you like to discuss - multiple hits or multi alliance teams. I'm reasonable and open to either discussion.

Answer the question - What was the message? If you want to be forthcoming, why was the message sent?

You started with the allegations of cheating. I never even named the party responsible...

I could care less about double-triple-quad-quint taps. Life happens. 13 times (plus a bounce) is a message...
This discussion has been closed.