Hit 13 times in one hour by one person

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    cyineedsn wrote:
    brisashi wrote:
    How petty do you have to be to enforce a KOS policy on a match 3 puzzle game?

Believe it or not the various rivalries, sniping, enforcing, etc can add some spice and fun to the game. Oh it's <insert name of player that hit you before you hit progression goal>! ATTAAAAACKKKK

An alliance ganging up on a single player to ruin their game for some accidental slight, if that is somebody's idea of fun then perhaps they need to take a long hard look at themelves. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    cyineedsn wrote:
    judge judy wrote:

So during Cage Match, somebody hit me 13 times in one hour. I started 3.25 hours before end, and followed the above pattern. I didn't notice hitting anybody in particular, and skip people I've hit recently.

My guess is it's because you started 3.25 hours before the end. It's basically thunderdome at that point. That person may have hit you 13 times, but that person may also have hit a bunch of other people multiple times too. Or maybe you were the only person with a high score their MMR would let them see, with hours left before the end etiquette tends to fly out the window.

This is also good advice. I used to do final run last three hours, and one reason I don't is because of Line...but another is because now SO MANY are trying to run that last three hour window. I don't only run that window anymore.

Which just points to one of the major PVP problems - point loss vs time played! Why run early if those points aren't going to amount to a hill of beans? Why not run late (if you are not a coordinator, at least) if everything you see is worth 75? If I had the roster to do it, I'd probably run late. D3 needs to make -all- of PVP matter for most people, rather than just a few hours of a 2.5 day event.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Judge Judy: You've done nothing wrong. Play however you want. The only rules are the ones coded in to the game. Anything else is just someone's suggestions. Don't let other players pressure/guilt you in to playing an any manner other than the ones that makes the game enjoyable for you.
    Sounds to me like getting hit 13 times in an hour is NOT the manner that makes the game enjoyable for him/her.

I haven't seen anyone in here trying to force anything. She asked for advice, and it has been given. I just mostly see people trying to be helpful.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    woopie wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I will say though: I wish there was a way to play anonymously -- The idea of a KOS (kill on sight?) list and enforcers makes this way to stressful. I can see how this would be fun for a very small segment of the population, but it sounds a little unhealthy to a more casual player.
    A casual player will never be KOS.

You'll get treated as a random and people move on.

At least that was back in the age of cupcakes.
    These days chances are you're not even seeing the people who would put you on KOS lists because your roster is too low - they're all running 5* teams.

Tell me about it. I was running S4 for the weekday PvP which used to be great for progression, but not placement and I barely hit 1200 running level 452 OML and 420 Phoenix. Double maxed 5*s everywhere and my Phoenix doesn't even have 5 in purple
    You should be able to take out championed 5* with that team.

I didn't have too much difficulties getting the wins, but time definitely wasn't on my side for the battles. 2 shields to hit 1200 vs. just 1 in my normal S1 slot
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Crowl wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:
    brisashi wrote:
    How petty do you have to be to enforce a KOS policy on a match 3 puzzle game?

Believe it or not the various rivalries, sniping, enforcing, etc can add some spice and fun to the game. Oh it's <insert name of player that hit you before you hit progression goal>! ATTAAAAACKKKK

An alliance ganging up on a single player to ruin their game for some accidental slight, if that is somebody's idea of fun then perhaps they need to take a long hard look at themelves. icon_rolleyes.gif

I agree with you, being ganged up on for an accidental slight is a terrible thing, and I think mostly people try to avoid that. However, the inverse does happen, there are people who definitely know how to snipe and do it for fun/lols. It's not fun when you are about to hit max progression and someone snipes you for 150+ points from several hundred points below you, and repeatedly does that over the course of multiple events.

Edit: For clarification, I am NOT accusing the op of doing this, just trying to give a perspective on the mentality of what happens when someone seems to target you out of nowhere
  • SpiderKev
    SpiderKev Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Sure, it's not really a message. It's more of a tit for tat. We are actually quite similar in play style - we just wanna hit our goal in as little amount of time and then move on with life. For the past month or longer you have hit me a couple of times (2x during first cut - which I forwarded to your commanders when they asked me to take it easy on you) almost every event while I just try and mind my business and shield up. A few of the hits I have received from you in the past were from 100 pts or less.

I'm actually surprised I have to spell this out for you - what do you expect after repeated hits? My climb this time was much faster and easier this past event as I could just repeatedly hit you without having to wait for someone to use their shield as I normally do. I thank you for this.
    judge judy wrote:
    Try to say on your own topic please. What would you like to discuss - multiple hits or multi alliance teams. I'm reasonable and open to either discussion.

Answer the question - What was the message? If you want to be forthcoming, why was the message sent?

You started with the allegations of cheating. I never even named the party responsible...

I could care less about double-triple-quad-quint taps. Life happens. 13 times (plus a bounce) is a message...
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    jobob wrote:
    She can't use the in-game chat? She can obviously use the forums.

There are alliances who play nice with each other, and the people in her alliance who do use Line know who they are. There are alliances that don't play nice, and individuals who don't play nice. These are also well known. Judge can get all this information from inside the game, no need for Line.

The in-game chat isn't all that useful. It takes longer to hack out a message than it does to play a match, and you're character-limited. Just trying to type out the names of the alliances you might have offended takes an afternoon. For me, anyway. Maybe it's better for Steam players or people with a better phone. I play on an iPad and it's a step above a hammer and chisel. I haven't seen a post from any player in 4 different alliances that indicates it could be used for effective, timely communication.

Is there a way to get that sort of information purely in-game? I'm in much the same boat as JJ - I don't use outside communication, just the chat interface and what's on the screen in front of me. I've never climbed high enough to be the target of such an attack and would really like not to, but I don't know how to go about that without engaging some outside source of information.
  • SpiderKev wrote:
    Sure, it's not really a message. It's more of a tit for tat. We are actually quite similar in play style - we just wanna hit our goal in as little amount of time and then move on with life. For the past month or longer you have hit me a couple of times (2x during first cut - which I forwarded to your commanders when they asked me to take it easy on you) almost every event while I just try and mind my business and shield up. A few of the hits I have received from you in the past were from 100 pts or less.

I'm actually surprised I have to spell this out for you - what do you expect after repeated hits? My climb this time was much faster and easier this past event as I could just repeatedly hit you without having to wait for someone to use their shield as I normally do. I thank you for this.
    judge judy wrote:
    Try to say on your own topic please. What would you like to discuss - multiple hits or multi alliance teams. I'm reasonable and open to either discussion.

Answer the question - What was the message? If you want to be forthcoming, why was the message sent?

You started with the allegations of cheating. I never even named the party responsible...

I could care less about double-triple-quad-quint taps. Life happens. 13 times (plus a bounce) is a message...

Thank you for this. As you say, we have similar styles. Feel free to hit me as much as you need - I'll do likewise.
  • jobob
    Calnexin wrote:
    jobob wrote:
    She can't use the in-game chat? She can obviously use the forums.

There are alliances who play nice with each other, and the people in her alliance who do use Line know who they are. There are alliances that don't play nice, and individuals who don't play nice. These are also well known. Judge can get all this information from inside the game, no need for Line.

The in-game chat isn't all that useful. It takes longer to hack out a message than it does to play a match, and you're character-limited. Just trying to type out the names of the alliances you might have offended takes an afternoon. For me, anyway. Maybe it's better for Steam players or people with a better phone. I play on an iPad and it's a step above a hammer and chisel. I haven't seen a post from any player in 4 different alliances that indicates it could be used for effective, timely communication.

Is there a way to get that sort of information purely in-game? I'm in much the same boat as JJ - I don't use outside communication, just the chat interface and what's on the screen in front of me. I've never climbed high enough to be the target of such an attack and would really like not to, but I don't know how to go about that without engaging some outside source of information.
    I agree it sucks, but I'm typing this out on an iPad. All someone in her alliance would need to do is say "check ur forum pm" and they could type it out.

Or, JJ could look at the season leaderboard... Probably don't hit the Top 10 alliances.
  • jobob
    ...or, heck, I'll just spell it out for JJ. In S4, the groups who try to play nice (and thus take more offense to people who don't) tend to be the XMen(s), KA(s), L&L, Elysium, Best(s), Battlecats... I am sure there are others I'm missing off the top of my head, but avoiding those would help you out tremendously.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    SpiderKev wrote:

judge judy wrote:

So... he hits you twice per event among the other 20 teams he/she fights (with 5* MMR, that's understandable) and your math equates that to targeting him/her solely for 14 attacks as being equal and justified?

Unless his alliance has a full truce with X-men (our alliance does so I skip all X-men, not that I'm a 5* player by any means) I really don't see the logic. If there is a full truce with his alliance, then typically most hit the retal and maybe tap a couple times and leave it to the alliance commander to sort it out. This is overkill and serves absolutely no purpose except self gratification and a warped sense of justice.

If there is logic to it, it's pretty twisted, but not uncommon among the behavior I've seen in very select instances of specific individuals in specific alliances. The actions of one do not represent the values of the many. When one deems themselves untouchable... it is their perspective that is askew.

The X-Men I've interacted with were wonderful people.

I express my own personal opinion and may not reflect the opinions of my alliance as a whole.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    SpiderKev wrote:

judge judy wrote:

Wow Spider, but the history between the two of you that you just shared with us simply doesn't justify such **** behavior on your part. Oh no, they hit you TWICE during First Cut?! Two hits justifies thirteen consecutive hits? Not only that, but you ran to their commanders because they hit you TWICE?! What happens when someone cuts you off while you're driving in the real world, do you t-bone them? Jeezus Spider...
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tee wrote:
    That's a thing that happens?

Damn man. Do I even want to PvP? I usually just attack people based on teams not the names.

With your current roster you have nothing at all to worry about. Enforcers can't queue you and you can't hit any high level players.

Keep on PvP'ing with zero worries.
  • SpiderKev
    Gotta go a little slower and use smaller words I guess eh, Z?

1. I didn't whine to anyone about the hits. They came to me. It's just a game - hits happen.
    2. Last cut PVP was the example I gave to his commanders - as mentioned he has been hitting me for a while. That's fine. Here in Canada we have a hockey thing where we take a number and pay back later.
    3. MPQ isn't real life. You guys get a little too worked up about this game I think!
    zonatahunt wrote:
    SpiderKev wrote:

judge judy wrote:

Wow Spider, but the history between the two of you that you just shared with us simply doesn't justify such **** behavior on your part. Oh no, they hit you TWICE during First Cut?! Two hits justifies thirteen consecutive hits? Not only that, but you ran to their commanders because they hit you TWICE?! What happens when someone cuts you off while you're driving in the real world, do you t-bone them? Jeezus Spider...
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    SpiderKev wrote:

1. I didn't whine to anyone about the hits. They came to me. It's just a game - hits happen.
    2. Last cut PVP was the example I gave to his commanders - as mentioned he has been hitting me for a while. That's fine. Here in Canada we have a hockey thing where we take a number and pay back later.
    3. MPQ isn't real life. You guys get a little too worked up about this game I think!

Zero irony on that last point where you seem to be the one who has got worked up about the game. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    SpiderKev wrote:

3. MPQ isn't real life. You guys get a little too worked up about this game I think!.

It's just hilarious that you seem to think you should be able to make your climbs when you want and without any hits coming your way. You do realize all your targets are losing points right? By your rational, if you've ever hit someone more than once (me, me, me!!) then fourteen attempted hits against you is justified? By your behavior with JJ I think your noggin' would implode, then explode, then do it all over again.

Btw, next time just inform us of your inherent disabilities first. If I knew you were Canadian I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to understand such bass-ackwards behavior! icon_e_smile.gif
  • SpiderKev
    Would you rather me shield bounce everyone and then put a weak team up so you and your teammates and easily beat it? I've been there and done that - it doesn't appeal to me anymore because I don't have the time. But I understand some love to play that way and see the team work it takes icon_e_smile.gif.
    Just like some love to just hit people and dump points and do it all over again (hardest way to play - I don't know how people have played this way for so long). But I see how that can be fun for those funny guys too. I'm somewhere in between I guess - MPQ purgatory.
    Do I get to judge your guys' personal life now because of how you play MPQ?
    JVReal wrote:
    SpiderKev wrote:

judge judy wrote:

So... he hits you twice per event among the other 20 teams he/she fights (with 5* MMR, that's understandable) and your math equates that to targeting him/her solely for 14 attacks as being equal and justified?

Unless his alliance has a full truce with X-men (our alliance does so I skip all X-men, not that I'm a 5* player by any means) I really don't see the logic. If there is a full truce with his alliance, then typically most hit the retal and maybe tap a couple times and leave it to the alliance commander to sort it out. This is overkill and serves absolutely no purpose except self gratification and a warped sense of justice.

If there is logic to it, it's pretty twisted, but not uncommon among the behavior I've seen in very select instances of specific individuals in specific alliances. The actions of one do not represent the values of the many. When one deems themselves untouchable... it is their perspective that is askew.

The X-Men I've interacted with were wonderful people.

I express my own personal opinion and may not reflect the opinions of my alliance as a whole.
  • SpiderKev
    How so? Because I hit a guy? It was 13 btw, 14th bounced.

Crowl wrote:
    SpiderKev wrote:

Zero irony on that last point where you seem to be the one who has got worked up about the game. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    As Johnny Storm would say

FLAME ON

*Grabs Popcorn*
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to agree with JVreal - in general, the X-men I've spent time with are wonderful people! I really enjoy my time with the #check folks overall.

I also have to say - being in an alliance with Judge Judy - also a wonderful person!

Which leads me to (again): it's a bummer that MMR puts folks into a situation where you can only see the same person all event. It's a bummer that unwritten rules are out there when you can't use Line, I get Judy's point! It's a bummer that not everyone can communicate out-of-game (Line) to run with those rules to more easily live and let live, I get multi-tappers point! (Hey, we've all been hit...none of us like it....)

I wish there was an easy solution that let everyone live and let live! (Wait...there are...many have suggested them. I may have suggested several at the bottom of page 1 in this thread!)

...what's interesting reading this entire thread, is the person/side folks think is "right" seems to depend on their style of play (and somewhat their level of roster).
This discussion has been closed.