Thank god cupcakes are gone

Comments

• Frank NewCastle
    Frank NewCastle Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    ....and yes, I was tripling/quadrupling people on the way up. People I'd have skipped or tapped are getting the full treatment. Mmr sucks, feel like I have no option though.

Anything under boosted 4* is toast for all the people who previously used cupcakes. Anyone who disses cupcakes is just oblivious to the points being added to the slice. Any points added by ccs had trickle down effect, they flowed all the way down.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    morph3us wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Sticks and Stones has 10 CP at 575 points and 15 more at 1200 (Clearance Level 7). If this model persists (and I see no reason it wouldn't), the weaker rosters should get some CP at least.

Didn't notice that, thanks, Quebbster. So, 1 LT every 2 pvps is the new going rate for most 4* rosters, then (or at least what the devs think should be the rate of accrual for free to play players).

I think this is good idea because ive been trying for days to reach 650 on fist bump but I can't do it.

If I could just reach 600-659 then I would start the shield hop game.

I keep seeing the same few opponents and a few 3 star teams. I had to hit these twice
    ( sorry) but I still can't reach 650.

If I have to shield so early then forget it, I'll either drop to level 6 or just hit 575 every PvP and collect 10 cp.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    I edited cause i dont care that much
  • We_are_Venom
    OJSP wrote:
    I edited cause i dont care that much
    Well.. That was quick.. By the time i clicked the quote button, it was edited already..

To answer your query in the original post.. You are talking to a Jedi.. He uses the Force.. icon_e_smile.gif

Im not wanting to get into it. Anyone that searches my public alliance will know what he posted is a very obvious lie since A) we do pve and im about the only one who does pvp B) most of the players are new.

My cousin and i talk a lot and we setup line to invite others that like to talk a lot to do so with us. The only coordination it will be used for is boss battles.

Free plug for my allliance i guess.
  • Better late than never. Those cupcakes / bakers have ruined the game experience for so many years. I could be back in the competition way right now.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    grunth13 wrote:
    OP talks about the secret password being LINE, but what he forgets to tell you is that he is on LINE. His alliance coordinates hits on LINE. What he is truly mad about is that he wasn't invited to the cupcake party. He doesn't like people scoring high, but he has no problem with taking 75 points from someone who had spent 500 hp climbing high enough to be worth 75 points because he late starts.

OP, I'm usually top 5 in my bracket, be it when i scored 6k or when I'm scoring 1.2 (currently 4th with 18 hours left) so cc didn't matter. What i have noticed though is that only 4 people in my bracket have reached 1.2 progression...more will get there eventually in the next 18 hours, but before I would see tons of people hitting 1.3 24 hours before. If all OP wanted was placement, he could have just started very late and bracket snipe to get placement.

Or choose a different slice. There's more to the game than just slice 4 and they all offer a slightly different experience
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Update in my own personal experience.
    I did my final run with a little over 8 hours to go, I shielded in 19th place with 934 points with less than 8 hours to go. It was a little trickier finding matches worth going for, but I did it nontheless.
    Very happy to get the 4* cover, but I am a little concerned that in this instance getting over 900 points gets me 19th place when before it would be between 60th-30th. In future events when I don't have the good boosted 4* on hand this might cause problems.

Considering the changes to how defense teams work I'd actually like a feature that let me know what my defensive team was. It seems to me a good tactic would be to pick out the best defense team you could and use it on a seed team and then bring in whatever tactic allowed you to win fast afterwards, assuming that team didn't trump your defense team. Currently there's no way for me to know if my offensive team trumps my defensive team.

In my bracket, the third slice on CL7, the top 9 have broken past 1200. So that makes it very much like how it used to be before cupcaking, from what I can recall.

Now I just need 50K ISO to max out Kingpin within 5 days.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    spectator wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:
    OP talks about the secret password being LINE, but what he forgets to tell you is that he is on LINE. His alliance coordinates hits on LINE. What he is truly mad about is that he wasn't invited to the cupcake party. He doesn't like people scoring high, but he has no problem with taking 75 points from someone who had spent 500 hp climbing high enough to be worth 75 points because he late starts.

OP, I'm usually top 5 in my bracket, be it when i scored 6k or when I'm scoring 1.2 (currently 4th with 18 hours left) so cc didn't matter. What i have noticed though is that only 4 people in my bracket have reached 1.2 progression...more will get there eventually in the next 18 hours, but before I would see tons of people hitting 1.3 24 hours before. If all OP wanted was placement, he could have just started very late and bracket snipe to get placement.

Or choose a different slice. There's more to the game than just slice 4 and they all offer a slightly different experience

My real life schedule precludes me from don't other slices...hence s4...although I'm starting to do s1 in the midweek more often.
  • Ramble2
    Ramble2 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I hit 900 no problem. Im 13th in my bracket. Before the change i hit 900 no problem and finished top 50 in my bracket.

There are plenty of people well over double your score out there already. That you got a good bracket isn't really a sign of anything.

Of course there is. I dont remember saying otherwise.
    The scores are down and i like it. Them having me doubled up is an improvement over having me quadrupled up as was the case before the changes.

I see many simply trying to nitpick in an effort to discredit. Its really peculiar that such behavior is used simply because you guys cant tolerate a difference of opinion.

Let's not sit here and pretend that the reason the frontrunners were quadrupling your score isn't because you and your buddies where hanging back, floating and sniping when frontrunners were unshielded, then dumping points to random players so that all your snipes hit for -75.

And when you realized that those dumped points were all being wasted, you brought on a couple of weak teams to dump those points into so that your alliance score wasn't affected.

Don't be intellectually dishonest here.
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    guys. lighten up. 1 more month and battlefield one comes out. just thinking of that already eases the pain for me. lost 400 points ah well. soon battlefield one omes out. you see how well that works icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I got to 900 with no shields. I have champed X-23 and Thor that I used all the way up. I got to 599 in one go, sat unshielded over night, and went up to 900 in the morning. Much easier and much less stressful than being at 950 and getting hit before I get 1k points. I did not notice significantly less points than I normally see during either part of the climb. My targets were still a mix of 3 stars, 4s, and 4 star boosted, so my targets didn't get any harder. I almost never got to 1300 before, so whether it is at 1200 or 1300 makes no difference to me anyhow. Now, I get 10 extra CP I never would've gotten from them breaking out the CP reward into two parts. I can get up to a score with 100 points less than before to achieve better rewards. I don't need to shield hop anymore to get there, as it was common getting attacked around 950 before. I am visible for a shorter period of time now to everyone.

Whether people claim cupcakes were great or not, I can say personally this event has been much better for me than any other PvP event I can remember, and with the upcoming 10 CP rewards lower, it will only get better. So all those claiming the change would hurt me even if I didn't see cupcakes, I can now say authoritatively from actual experience they were 100% wrong. Top 10 in my bracket is from 10th place at 1322 points and 1st at 2278 points (with 6.5 hours to go). I am 25th with 916 points.
  • We_are_Venom
    Ramble2 wrote:
    I hit 900 no problem. Im 13th in my bracket. Before the change i hit 900 no problem and finished top 50 in my bracket.

There are plenty of people well over double your score out there already. That you got a good bracket isn't really a sign of anything.

Of course there is. I dont remember saying otherwise.
    The scores are down and i like it. Them having me doubled up is an improvement over having me quadrupled up as was the case before the changes.

I see many simply trying to nitpick in an effort to discredit. Its really peculiar that such behavior is used simply because you guys cant tolerate a difference of opinion.

Let's not sit here and pretend that the reason the frontrunners were quadrupling your score isn't because you and your buddies where hanging back, floating and sniping when frontrunners were unshielded, then dumping points to random players so that all your snipes hit for -75.

And when you realized that those dumped points were all being wasted, you brought on a couple of weak teams to dump those points into so that your alliance score wasn't affected.

Don't be intellectually dishonest here.

I don't know if you are directing that at me, and if so i dont really know what it says. It went well above my head.

If it's a complaint though and you are looking for a response im going to need it in more straightforward manner.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think a lot of people are missing out on what cupcakes do for so many players in this game. First you have to realize the top prizes for high end players is still horribly bad. Do you really think the one 4* cover and being first is what they are playing for? The game has morphed to how high can we really score. Originally the cupcakes were about speed and getting through more matches faster. Now with championed 5* cupcakes were more about who else can we bring along to the max progression for the 25CP? Who else can we bring along to score higher then they ever scored before? The outside communication is more about giving everyone in that group an opportunity to score in the range they want to score in. Some people want to do it on their own and that's great. It is how you want to play. players will find a way to score as it is the puzzle that they want to solve in this game. Without cupcakes the reality is less people will be able to play that specific game because if you don't have a championed 5* you will soon run into them at some point in PVP.

The fact is cupcakes helped speed along the progression for a lot of players where the Devs have been slow to address the problems with progression in the game. Being hyper competitive in this game is fine for certain players, and for others working together as a community is the driving force. I definatly feel working as a community is much more enjoyable then playing just on my own or even just in the alliance. Cupcakes was a way to do that.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    They literally did conspire to hoard points and it was done at the expense of the general playerbase.
    Stop using words you don't understand to illustrate concepts that are false. "Hoarding" implies they're monopolizing a fixed resource. That's not how PvP works. The people who were running up scores were doing so at the BENEFIT of the general playerbase, because even if you never saw a cake, it was always easy to find 75 point targets. It's a lot easier to hit 1300 on 75 point matches than to hit 1200 on 38 point matches. Math.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    They literally did conspire to hoard points and it was done at the expense of the general playerbase.
    Stop using words you don't understand to illustrate concepts that are false. "Hoarding" implies they're monopolizing a fixed resource. That's not how PvP works. The people who were running up scores were doing so at the BENEFIT of the general playerbase, because even if you never saw a cake, it was always easy to find 75 point targets. It's a lot easier to hit 1300 on 75 point matches than to hit 1200 on 38 point matches. Math.

That's not important, because people are apparently hitting 900 and satisfied with that. But sarcasm aside, um....you guys do realize the problem is 4* rosters are having a hell of a hard time getting to 1200 now? I guess I need to wait to the end of the event to be sure of that statement, but of the 9 people who hit 1200 in my bracket with 6 hours left to go, only 1 doesn't have a max or near maxed 5* already. And he has a 375 one.

Hopefully more people make it up there by the end, <25 making it to the top progression seems to me like progression scores are set too high. Compare this to PVE where I'll likely need to get the CP and then do 1-2+ clears just to stay in the top 100.
  • We_are_Venom
    simonsez wrote:

It was not easy finding cupcakes unless you were in on the discussions. Cupcakes absolutely did allow them to monopolize a fixed resource for those high end pvp alliances.

Cupcakes were also allowing high end pvp alliances to completely eliminate most other alliances from any decent end-season rewards by racking up insane amount of points within the alliance. The few outsiders that were allowed to partake were really not a factor in either indivudual placement or season end so it was whatever to them.

Now, these high end alliances will still perform at high levels because the rosters are outrageous thanks to that rapid progression but they will have to actually work at it, as was intended from the start.

There were other coordinates efforts, and probably still are, that looked to take advantage of the playerbase that has no understanding of what cupcakes/baking are. A player unfamiliar with the concept sees a team comprised of garbage but worth big points isnt going to understand why after that win they are about to get steam rolled to the tune of hundreds of points because either A) they attacked an unshieldes baker and retribution is called for B) it was intentionally setup so they could be spotted and so that they can be the sacrficial lamb.

These are not false concepts. They happened. It happened daily.

The few people that are complaining about the cupcake change are just pissed the free ride to easy progression is over. Its understandable but for most of the patrons of MPQ the elimination of cupcakes is a good thing. Sorry you disagree.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:
    I got to 900 with no shields. I have champed X-23 and Thor that I used all the way up. I got to 599 in one go, sat unshielded over night, and went up to 900 in the morning. Much easier and much less stressful than being at 950 and getting hit before I get 1k points. I did not notice significantly less points than I normally see during either part of the climb. My targets were still a mix of 3 stars, 4s, and 4 star boosted, so my targets didn't get any harder. I almost never got to 1300 before, so whether it is at 1200 or 1300 makes no difference to me anyhow. Now, I get 10 extra CP I never would've gotten from them breaking out the CP reward into two parts. I can get up to a score with 100 points less than before to achieve better rewards. I don't need to shield hop anymore to get there, as it was common getting attacked around 950 before. I am visible for a shorter period of time now to everyone.

Whether people claim cupcakes were great or not, I can say personally this event has been much better for me than any other PvP event I can remember, and with the upcoming 10 CP rewards lower, it will only get better. So all those claiming the change would hurt me even if I didn't see cupcakes, I can now say authoritatively from actual experience they were 100% wrong. Top 10 in my bracket is from 10th place at 1322 points and 1st at 2278 points (with 6.5 hours to go). I am 25th with 916 points.

This is very short sighted. No offense but I question your level of ambition and insight since you have a boxed account and you only play for 900 points with boosted X23 and Thor. A player with that team could hit 1300 with no shields before but now it's going to take several. If your only goal is 900 progression then of course it got easier for you. The removal of cakes put a giant wall there for 4* players so that's where they gather. There's more queues for you and there's more cover for you. Up until that point. There are player that wish to progress beyond that but it's going to be much more difficult than it used to be and their 5* transition is now months delayed. But they split CP in two! They could have done that a long time ago.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now, these high end alliances will still perform at high levels because the rosters are outrageous thanks to that rapid progression but they will have to actually work at it, as was intended from the start.

Sure, all those 5* covers came from cupcakes and definitely not outrageous spending.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    If hitting progression is just as, or more difficult now across the board, then keep pointing that out. It's its own issue. The back and forth about cupcakes is pointless because they aren't coming back. Their removal was hopefully just the first step in rebalancing. If every event could end up feeling like this season's SHIELD Simulator (easier climb, light setbacks from attacks), it would be a sight better for everyone playing.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like I need to add for my peers that We_Are_Venom is not We_R_Venom.