Thank god cupcakes are gone

167891012»

Comments

• Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Sure logic would dictate that everyone would play in their highest option, bit not really. Maybe top 50 finishers said hey, let's see what o can do in sl5 or sl6.

I barely hit 300 in normal PvPs. I figured one of the lower Clearance Levels might get me higher with a lower point loss or something because right now, I'm still having trouble seeing what the lower clearance levels actually do. The biggest reason to pick CL7 for me is for the double elite tokens.

And why the hell is the 101-200 a single 2* cover when the 201-300 is 2 of them with a chance of a 3*?
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Tee wrote:
    Sure logic would dictate that everyone would play in their highest option, bit not really. Maybe top 50 finishers said hey, let's see what o can do in sl5 or sl6.

I barely hit 300 in normal PvPs. I figured one of the lower Clearance Levels might get me higher with a lower point loss or something because right now, I'm still having trouble seeing what the lower clearance levels actually do. The biggest reason to pick CL7 for me is for the double elite tokens.

And why the hell is the 101-200 a single 2* cover when the 201-300 is 2 of them with a chance of a 3*?
    It's a bug in the way the reward is displayed - all the positions above the elite token levels get the elite tokens in addition to the rewards listed.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    dsds wrote:

They will keep the rule about taking out cupcakes. The scores now are not inflated. They are the real scores. Yes there is a big gap in points between 4* and 5* players but that just reflects how much more powerful a 5* is. To get top 100, most of the time you no longer need over 1000pts. That was what they were talking about in terms of inflated scores. Also how is it fun, when you are just using cupcakes to progress. There is no skill to beating a cupcake team. With great reward, there should be great risk. That's what makes the reward worthwhile.

I do agree that the defensive point loss is a bummer. I would suggest that if they could just let one person attack your ai defense team at a time. That should help a lot! But then I guess the pool of available players to queue would be much less.
    An easier fix than fundamentally changing defensive teams would be OPEN CL8-10

The issue there is, they don't have a large enigma player base to support 10 CLs across 5 time slices

Well, they screwed themselves (and ultimately us) there by capping SR at 65 when launched. There were so many vets that probably should have been at SR 100 at launch, and a large swath of the community that would have been anywhere between 65 and 100 that they could have easily had enough people to fill all CLs.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad wrote:
    Well, they screwed themselves (and ultimately us) there by capping SR at 65 when launched. There were so many vets that probably should have been at SR 100 at launch, and a large swath of the community that would have been anywhere between 65 and 100 that they could have easily had enough people to fill all CLs.
    Your logic is off. The CL7 cutoff is 32. That means the devs don't think there are enough people at 65+ to fill a bracket. So it doesn't matter what they started us at.
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Tee wrote:

CLs don't Impact MMR so your ability to score is only impacted by the tightening of MMR due to point compression and the fact that there are no more CC infusing points into the slice. CL may allow you to place higher though if you are in a lower CL since the big rosters that can score more points are in a higher CL. There is still a lot of luck in getting a good bracket though, I have been in CL 7 and top score have been 2-3K but others in CL 7 have seen top scores of less than 2k.