Season XXXII: Highlights & Changes

12345679»

Comments

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    The shield simulator rewards are a big improvement though.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor

Yeah. 9 2* covers in 3 characters (which is great for 2* farming), 3 of the 4 3* are in the same character now (which may suck if it's a character you don't have champed yet), and all the ISO prizes are increased.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor

I was just looking at that; definitely.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    So when I was selecting my Clearance Level for the season, level 7 said more 10-pack heroics. The only additional 10-pack rewards I could find were at the upper levels of placement -- is that right?
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    What happened to the cp in Versus placement, too? Why was that reduced as well? Top-5 only gets one cp? You need to be numero uno to get two?!? And top-5 now gets less ISO, not more. What's up with that? Top players don't need it anymore? I don't think so.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    What happened to the cp in Versus placement, too? Why was that reduced as well? Top-5 only gets one cp? You need to be numero uno to get two?!? And top-5 now gets less ISO, not more. What's up with that? Top players don't need it anymore? I don't think so.

That made me do a double take too. It is all just very bizarre.

Perhaps by making Cho not horrible they broke the universe?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    • We have adjusted how points are gained and lost. Players should lose less points from losses than before.

Has anyone figured out what this means yet?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far, in Fist Bump, I've been keeping my team pretty low. Attack, wait for three defeats, counter attack. Strongest character I used was boosted Juggernaut, and I have champed Legendaries for later. It's worked fairly well so far. Attackers have been reasonable for what I'm using. Highest level team I retaliated against had a single cover 4hor (blue) boosted to 140. I'm really curious to see exactly what my defense team is though, since there's a team with Deadpool (1 black cover) and Steve Rogers (level 17 with yellow and blue) that I can retaliate on. It's actually a little fun, limiting myself (rather than having limits forced on me, stupid Heroics), and I hope helpful to players who have limited rosters and can't get any points to progress against players who immediately start playing with Old Man Logan, max champed featured character, and a boosted champion 4hor. It sucks to realize how little those players with limited rosters are even capable of getting compared to higher Clearance.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    • We have adjusted how points are gained and lost. Players should lose less points from losses than before.

Has anyone figured out what this means yet?

Used to be ELO Calculated Point Loss * (your score/1000), up to 1k. (so when your score is above 1k, you just get hit fully).

I'm 90% sure they just moved that to 1100.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm 90% sure they just moved that to 1100.

Based on the handful of hits I took today while floating, I think it's 1200, but that's only a few %age pts difference.

It's nice to be (pretty) sure they didn't massively overhaul the formula.

So defensive losses are only 1:1 above 1200 now? Can we get this confirmed? and how much are they "discounted" at lower scores?
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    In Sim, I lost 33 points from 1381 to a player at 288. In Fist Bump I would have lost 75. Why the difference?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:
    In Sim, I lost 33 points from 1381 to a player at 288. In Fist Bump I would have lost 75. Why the difference?

Someone explained it to me that since Sim has a much higher progression goal, they use a much higher number for the equation above.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    i was losing (-4 from players 200 points under) in SHIELD Sim, while in IF PvP i was losing (-50 from players 150 points under). big difference. i don't think they changed code from 3* pvp.