Season XXXII: Highlights & Changes

Comments

• Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    Thirdly, kudos for D3 who surely has calculated the possible income loss because people rage quit. And still goes on with their plan. That's integrity.
    I don't think they do any sort of serious calculations. They just ask the mega-whales if they're ok with what they have in mind. No integrity required.

Nah. I think the mega whales are the ones threatening to rage quit. This thread and many others are choke full of biggies raging and screaming.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    madsalad wrote:
    Firstly, winfinite ProX-gwbw-switch in PvP is overated. I've taken out winfinite teams in Balance of Power. With the right combo, luck and a lot of health packs, at least 50 points will be mine.

Secondly, I think the threat to rage quit has been around since MPQ first introduced a nerf. People adapt and find new things to enjoy. Or new exploits.

Thirdly, kudos for D3 who surely has calculated the possible income loss because people rage quit. And still goes on with their plan. That's integrity. Or the calculation says that the loss will be insignificant in the long run.

The point is that you won't be able to see a player's winfinite team because it will not be their strongest team on defense. If I play 2 5*s plus required on 3 seed teams, I can then, theoretically, proceed to climb with winfinite without worrying about reprisal on a weak defense team, as my 5*s are running interference for me. That's why we need more information about what a "much weaker team" is, and whether or not retaliation nodes still work the same way or not.

Good point. However, I think the devs mean that the comparison will be between your ultimate and penultimate team before calling it a day. In your case, winfinite will be present as your defensive team. If you want IMHB as your def team, you would need to use him in your very last fight.

Under what metric would winfinite be rated as a stronger defensive team than a team of two 5*s? Maybe if the 5*s were undercovered and leveled, but the point of his example is presuming a strong 5* duo.
    Nah. I think the mega whales are the ones threatening to rage quit. This thread and many others are choke full of biggies raging and screaming.

Mega whales aren't negatively impacted by the changes. Like, at all. People in the early phases of 3/4*, and 4/5* might be negatively impacted, we won't know for sure until the changes go live. But mega whales hurt by loss of cupcakes? LOL
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Once Chuck Norris has finished staring down the sun, he will join my roster and all PVP scores will be moot. Look away friends, for I will soon be over 9000 and the points will over-floweth for all... sorry weird dream.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    cardoor wrote:
    Once Chuck Norris has finished staring down the sun, he will join my roster and all PVP scores will be moot. Look away friends, for I will soon be over 9000 and the points will over-floweth for all... sorry weird dream.

No, no, please go on. This is the most interesting post in the entire thread.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    cardoor wrote:

23054783.jpg
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Thirdly, kudos for D3 who surely has calculated the possible income loss because people rage quit. And still goes on with their plan. That's integrity.
    I don't think they do any sort of serious calculations. They just ask the mega-whales if they're ok with what they have in mind. No integrity required.

I think their whale status is irrelevant to this particular issue, as the whales will be in the best position to succeed without cupcakes.

Rather, I think what you're seeing here is that the people with a pretty good understanding of how the game will be affected by this change are the ones who are the most concerned. I'm not worried for me, I'm worried for the people with smaller rosters in my alliance and elsewhere.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    If that's what you think, then you don't know who the mega-whales are...
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    cardoor wrote:
    Once Chuck Norris has finished staring down the sun, he will join my roster...

Chuck Norris doesn't join your roster. Your roster joins Chuck Norris!
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Less than 6 hours with still no actual details as to how this will all play out...
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• Your defensive team will always be one of your strongest teams.
      o If you win a battle with a much weaker team, your defensive team will be your last strongest team.

Can we please have some clarification as to what this means exactly? Define much weaker, define how this works for retaliation nodes...
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• We have adjusted how points are gained and lost. Players should lose less points from losses than before.

Again, you've adjusted how points are gained? How?
    Players should lose less points from losses than before? Does this mean players lose less per defensive loss? Does this mean players cannot be hit as frequently as before when unshielded? And why is it players should lose less points instead of players will lose less points?

This is a dramatic change to a significant aspect of your game. Players should definitely understand how a game works before playing it.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clearance Levels in the SHIELD Simulator too. Interesting.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    rbdragon wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• We have adjusted how points are gained and lost. Players should lose less points from losses than before.

Again, you've adjusted how points are gained? How?
    Players should lose less points from losses than before? Does this mean players lose less per defensive loss? Does this mean players cannot be hit as frequently as before when unshielded? And why is it players should lose less points instead of players will lose less points?

This is a dramatic change to a significant aspect of your game. Players should definitely understand how a game works before playing it.

Look, they told Randy what they wanted before everyone else left for the weekend. Randy's batting about 50-50 when it comes to goal implementation, so we'll all find out together if it works the way they planned. Losses might cost you fewer points, or they might turn you into a penguin. It's all part of the grand adventure of life.
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    D3: "Oh, and did we forget to mention that lowering progression to 1200 will mean you only get 15 cp? Shoot, must've slipped our minds."
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So unannounced nerf to the CP (or error, hopefully)....and still no details on how scoring changed or how weak "significantly weaker" actually means.

I heart this game some days.

Also - does joining CL6 for Fist mean you're permanently in CL6 for the season rewards? Is there separate clearance join for that? Bueller?
  • Hibbidy
    Hibbidy Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    At this rate the next five star they release will just be a giant middle finger who only has one power that costs 3k in ISO and insults your mother.
  • Thorin radd
    Thorin radd Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    • Updated scores to earn Versus Progression Rewards
    o 850 Progression Score - More Iso-8 and now set at 825 points.
    o 900 Progression Score - Lowered to 850.
    o 950 Progression Score - Removed (reward was merged with the 825 Progression score).
    o 1000 Progression Score - Reduced to 900.
    o 1300 Progression Score - Reduced to 1200"
    Thank you.

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    D3 Go! Community Manager

...UM YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE 40% REDUCTION IN CP. HOW AWFULLY CONVENIENT FOR US.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    D3: "Oh, and did we forget to mention that lowering progression to 1200 will mean you only get 15 cp? Shoot, must've slipped our minds."

Seriously...what the tinykitty, guys?
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    So unannounced nerf to the CP (or error, hopefully)....and still no details on how scoring changed or how weak "significantly weaker" actually means.

I heart this game some days.

Also - does joining CL6 for Fist mean you're permanently in CL6 for the season rewards? Is there separate clearance join for that? Bueller?

I would really like to know this as well - how are we locked into our season bracket?

So many unanswered questions.....
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    somebody on the Discord server asked Anthony about that. His response makes it sound like an error.
  • Hibbidy
    Hibbidy Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    jffdougan wrote:
    somebody on the Discord server asked Anthony about that. His response makes it sound like an error.

Yeah in judgement.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:
    It'sa good thing that's linked to their official forums...