S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: Event Rewards Preview *Updated

Comments

• jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    ...Anyway, the main question in my mind:

What CL gives out the rewards of "no lag?" 'Cause that's where I'm starting.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if I'm understanding this, CL6 1st place gets Hulkbuster + a Heroic token + 3 Cage covers + Heroic + 3 Elites?

Also, why are there standards listed in CL6 and CL7?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:
    I'm cautiously optimistic.

CL6 is more player friendly for CP and offers more reward in general including a couple thousand bonus ISO. The placement rewards give out a good deal more ISO. You get two 3*'s just for progression as well.

All you really lose is some 3* covers in placement in exchange for all of the above.

All told that's surprisingly player friendly. Kudos for rewarding the 1000 people per sub more rather than just focusing on the top 20.

What makes me optimistic about things is that this is only CL6 of a system that is proposed to go to CL10 eventually. Even if the rewards don't scale up significantly this shows some promise when combined with all of the other recent improvements.

Edit: One word of caution though. PLEASE BE GENEROUS FOR NEW CHARACTER RELEASES! Don't forget why alliance rewards shifted to giving a cover for top 100 teams. We do not need to revisit the mass merc craze for stingy new character rewards.

I think there is some merit to babinro's position. Losing a top 100-200 3* cover in placement, but getting it back in prog rewards is a net benefit to the players.

More iso is also good. But this is not very much more iso. A handful of k over a 4 day event. That's a trickle, even for 3I players.

But weaker alliance rewards are potentially troubling. The sub rewards are too top heavy. 1/2 a classic token is too much. And it's not clear how new releases will be handled under this system. Top 20 is not enough if the current practices of release in 1 event and essential in the next remains. But releasing via prog would be awesome! (and maybe even revenue positive since everyone would have to buy a roster slot)
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    DuckyV wrote:
    You're reading that screenshot completely wrong. The 30+ does not mean r1-30 get a 4*. It means you have to be SHIELD Rank 30 or higher to enter that clearance level. It seems like a lot of information was miscommunicated and has lead to the fiasco we have now.
    Ah, you're right -- I was reading that wrong.

I also just realized the rewards in that screenshot don't make any sense... they would never have 3* Thor and 4* Thor as placement rewards in the same event, unless they're completely changing the structure for placement rewards feeding into the essentials for the next event. They wouldn't have 3* Thor and 4* Thor as essentials, since each PVE event traditionally has one node where you are playing with the three essential characters (and you can't play with both Thors on your team). And since they've since changed the Rank requirement for CL6 (it's now 27 instead of 30), that means we should really just disregard this screenshot entirely.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I'm with Babs, I'm cautiously optimistic. What I am sort of seeing is that many have asked for PvE to be straight progression. If CL7 is anything like I think it will be, then that's pretty much what was asked for. Now they did keep the competitive aspect as well, maybe catering to both audiences?
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Can't we wait for it to launch before bashing? The forums cry out for communication but here they provide it and they are getting railed for the content they are communicating. Frustration is understandable but, to me, the comments so far are the reason I would keep things under wraps rather than share.

I just feel complaining after experiencing it is more credible than relying on screen shots and going all out.

They've done some good things lately and they seemed to be pretty confident about this change, so maybe a little leeway can be given.. Getting this kind of reaction before it's been implemented has to be disheartening.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Living in a 5* meta when they're only rewarding a single 4* to a single player in a slice is disheartening.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    In the CL6 individual awards - can't figure out what the difference is between ranks 2-5 and 6-10. They look to be identical.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Can't we wait for it to launch before bashing? The forums cry out for communication but here they provide it and they are getting railed for the content they are communicating. Frustration is understandable but, to me, the comments so far are the reason I would keep things under wraps rather than share.

I just feel complaining after experiencing it is more credible than relying on screen shots and going all out.

They've done some good things lately and they seemed to be pretty confident about this change, so maybe a little leeway can be given.. Getting this kind of reaction before it's been implemented has to be disheartening.

I agree with the fact that they are communicating and appreciate it. The issue is they are communicating poorly, and they are leaving out the highest level which is where the majority of the forum will be playing at.

I am looking at the table on this thread and what was updated on the other and I am more confused then ever. I look at what clearance level 6 is showing and as a level 67 player I feel really disappointed.

In the Devs defense I do think levels 8,9,10 will be more appropriate for a lot of forum players, but with the way they announced it I was expecting a lot more then what is showing. I said earlier I do see more ISO as rewards, what I am not seeing is the right rewards higher level players which this was suppose to fix. To start the clearence levels this will be much better for 2* players compared to 4* transition players and higher.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Can you clarify something on the "Additional Rewards - Event Individual Rewards" table? A few of the entries in the top right corner for high placement only show "Heroic Token," but the entries surrounding them show "Heroic Token + 3 Elite Tokens." Are the rewards there really supposed to be less? Maybe there's a missing digit and it should x#of Heroic Tokens?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Disappointing even if lvl 6 looks close to status quo. I hope lvl 7 give more cp (30 at minimum) and 4 * in progression. If yes - the system will be fine.

My main disappointment is lack of decreased scaling in lower levels . I should be able to perform better than lvl 30 player in cl 4 but i will not as my scaling will kill me like always. So i am keep being punished for leveling my roster (or challenged as the devs suggest... i dont want be challenged unless i join to cl clevel i can).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    This should be right:

yPwv80E.jpg
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Wow.. I don't even know what to say after looking at these rewards.. just wow and not in a good way icon_e_surprised.gif

Can't wait to see the PVP Clearance rewards! Looks like I will be returning to retirement much quicker than I thought
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Holy cow, I and many others likely considered dropping clearance levels just for easier 3* rewards, but it looks like CL6 has **** for rewards even compared to current pve system. This is 0 steps forward, 10 steps back. Even if CL7 is the same system of rewards as current pve (4* covers at t10 t5 t1), all this does is make the game even more super competitive, which I'm already getting sick of.

If these rewards are finalized and released tomorrow for DP vs MPQ, my playtime is gonna drop significantly. To zero.
  • Vhailorx
    Akari wrote:
    Holy cow, I and many others likely considered dropping clearance levels just for easier 3* rewards, but it looks like CL6 has **** for rewards even compared to current pve system. This is 0 steps forward, 10 steps back. Even if CL7 is the same system of rewards as current pve (4* covers at t10 t5 t1), all this does is make the game even more super competitive, which I'm already getting sick of.

If these rewards are finalized and released tomorrow for DP vs MPQ, my playtime is gonna drop significantly. To zero.

This is more negative than I think is warranted. Yes, a total of 250ish 3* covers are disappearing from placement (101-200 All lose 1 cover, 51-100 lose 2, 2-50 All get fewer). But 1000 players all have access to a second cover from progs. That's a net gain for players.

The cl6 rewards are underwhelming for players trying to reach 4* land. But they are actually a bit better than the current rewards for 3* players.

Cl7 might not be everything we wanted, but it's not immediately clear that clearance levels are a disaster from this info.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So here is my guess for clearance level 7 in PVE top 10 will get a 4* just like today. Maybe in September in 2018 they will release clearance level 10 where first place gets a 5*.

So what does everyone think PVP will look like? Clearance leve 7 gives a 4* for top 5? 5CP will replace the 800 token and they will give a 2nd 4* at 1200 points?

I was hoping for another strong influx of ISO and I was wrong. Back to plodding away 70 ISO at a time
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Akari wrote:

This is more negative than I think is warranted. Yes, a total of 250ish 3* covers are disappearing from placement (101-200 All lose 1 cover, 51-100 lose 2, 2-50 All get fewer). But 1000 players all have access to a second cover from progs. That's a net gain for players.

The cl6 rewards are underwhelming for players trying to reach 4* land. But they are actually a bit better than the current rewards for 3* players.

Cl7 might not be everything we wanted, but it's not immediately clear that clearance levels are a disaster from this info.

I'm a half competitive player, and I regularly place within t10-20. Right now, it looks like I'm going to be playing the same amount for less rewards - and that's assuming the top brackets aren't going to become extra competitive, which most likely will happen. From what I'm seeing, these clearance levels are a dream for anyone below full 4* roster level, and a nightmare for any in 4* or higher.
  • Vhailorx
    wymtime wrote:
    So here is my guess for clearance level 7 in PVE top 10 will get a 4* just like today. Maybe in September in 2018 they will release clearance level 10 where first place gets a 5*.

So what does everyone think PVP will look like? Clearance leve 7 gives a 4* for top 5? 5CP will replace the 800 token and they will give a 2nd 4* at 1200 points? HP rates should not go down!

I was hoping for another strong influx of ISO and I was wrong. Back to plodding away 70 ISO at a time

I don't care much about top 10 4* covers as long as everyone gets a 4* prog. (hell, we can dump 3x 4* covers for a tiny fraction. That's just rich get richer). So for covers cl7 might (hopefully) be a clear improvement.

But this level of his bump just isn't enough. The game adds at least 380,000 iso to everyone's "needs" every two weeks. The entire prog table for a 4 day pve event should offer more than 8k + covers sold iso. 20 or 30k wouldn't be too much (though it will never happen). HP rates should not go down!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even 20K a week in ISO wouldn't make out to be much more than a mission ISO a year.

I doubt they'd ever be that generous.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, it looks like you get a little bit more ISO for progression rewards, so that's nice. I guess we'll wait until tomorrow or soon to see the rewards offered for progression for SCL 7. Or maybe people with ranking 65+ will be part of a higher SCL, such as 8 or 9?

I just hit 67, so... take good care of me, please icon_razz.gif