S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: Event Rewards Preview *Updated

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
*Update:

As mentioned earlier, here's some additional details and charts from Anthony at Demiurge:
    "Hey everyone, As you may have seen already, Deadpool Vs. MPQ will be the first Story mission to have S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels! We will be running events with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels turned on for a few events, look at the results and make any adjustments. Thank you for your patience while we roll out this new feature! With the introduction of Clearance Levels to Story events, we would like to increase the mission rewards a little. You can see a chart below for the updated rewards. Also, there's a known issue with Clearance Levels where some rewards are not shown in the reward preview screen. There are a couple of tables below outlining the additional rewards given at various event placements."

SCL_Story_Mission_Rewards_Table_Sep_2016.jpg

SCL_Story_Event_Additional_Individual_Rewards_Chart_Sep_2016.jpg

SCL_Story_Event_Additional_Alliance_Rewards_Table_Sep_2016.jpg

Hi all,

Many players have been asking for a preview look at the first S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level rewards. With that in mind, Anthony at Demiurge grabbed some preview screens for the upcoming Deadpool Vs. MPQ event and you can view them below. The screen grabs show Individual and Alliance rewards for SCL 3 and 6.

Please note: There is a known issue where in-game (and in the screens below) additional rewards are not displayed. This will be fixed for events in the future. We're working on a few charts today that show the additional rewards and will add them here when they are ready.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level Rewards for the Deadpool Vs. MPQ Event Beginning September 15, 2016
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 3 Rewards Preview

*Click on the images twice to enlarge.

SCL 3 Individual Placement & Progression Rewards:
    SCL3IndividualTease_thumb.jpg

SCL 3 Individual 2 Day Sub Rewards:
    SCL3Individual2DaySubTease_thumb.jpg

SCL 3 Alliance Rewards:
    SCL3AllianceTease_thumb.jpg

SCL 3 Alliance 2 Day Sub Rewards:
    SCL3Alliance2DaySubTease_thumb.jpg

S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 6 Rewards Preview

*Click on the images twice to enlarge.

SCL 6 Individual Placement & Progression Rewards:
    SCL6IndividualTease_thumb.jpg

SCL 6 Individual 2 Day Sub Rewards:
    SCL6Individual2DaySubTease_thumb.jpg

SCL 6 Alliance Rewards:
    SCL6AllianceTease_thumb.jpg

SCL 6 Alliance 2 Day Sub Rewards:
    SCL6Alliance2DaySubTease_thumb.jpg

*Disclaimer: Rewards may change before the event goes live.

Comments

• Bowgentle
      Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
      One 4* cover.
      For T1.

You gotta be kidding me.
    • simonsez
      simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
      Bowgentle wrote:
      One 4* cover.
      For T1.

You gotta be kidding me.

Yeah, why did you make it way worse than what we have now? Wasn't this supposed to be an upgrade?
    • udonomefoo
      udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
      Well, thank you for spreading out the cp progression at least.
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited September 2016
      So Level 6 is 4300iso in progression, up from 2520. Level 3 is 1750, obviously down from previous.

Level 6 only rewarding guaranteed covers up to top 20 is quite the change. Would love to hear the rationale there, b/c that's a lot of value being placed on these new Elite tokens. Ditto for the alliance rewards only helping T50. A lot of culture shock there.

The guaranteed 3AP boost being replaced with the Mystery Boost is also a kick to the crotch.
    • TheVulture
      TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
      All 3 covers of a 3* being progression rewards looks quite tasty. icon_e_smile.gif
    • alphabeta
      alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
      Sorry but these SCL levels are appalling

SCL 7 better be better than we are already competing for or this is the biggest own goal since you rolled out a patch that took ten seconds to switch between screens
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
      Why is there a standard token in the progression of CL6? Thought they were all replaced by Elite tokens?
    • Salgy
      Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
      TheVulture wrote:
      All 3 covers of a 3* being progression rewards looks quite tasty. icon_e_smile.gif

Where you looking vulture? I'm only seeing 2 black punisher covers...
    • justplainchips
      justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
      simonsez wrote:
      Bowgentle wrote:
      One 4* cover.
      For T1.

You gotta be kidding me.

Yeah, why did you make it way worse than what we have now? Wasn't this supposed to be an upgrade?
      From my understanding CL7 is supposed to be status quo or the same as today. So this is one step back.
    • kirk justice
      kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
      edited September 2016
      Progression rewards seem much better in SCL 6 than we currently have, however placement rewards are much worse. It will be interesting to see how much SCL 7 differs from SCL 6. Off of this first glance, as a 3*-4* transitioner, SCL 6 doesn't seem like it will be of much use to me. Apparently I will qualify for SCL 7 with a Shield Rank of 42, so hopefully those rewards will feel more appropriate for where I am. Can't see these rewards being very useful to those well into 4* territory and beyond however.
    • roderic1
      roderic1 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
      If every slice is divided into levels, 1-6 to start, that means more people should be placing in the top spots, right? So giving to the top 20 should still affect a similar number to before? I'm hoping for this anyway.
    • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
      David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
      Please note: There is a known issue where in-game (and in the screens below) additional rewards (Standard, Elite, and Hero tokens) are not displayed. This will be fixed for events in the future. We're working on a few charts today that show the additional rewards and will add them here when they are ready.
    • sinnerjfl
      sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
      This looks totally underwhelming...
    • alphabeta
      alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
      roderic1 wrote:
      If every slice is divided into levels, 1-6 to start, that means more people should be placing in the top spots, right? So giving to the top 20 should still affect a similar number to before? I'm hoping for this anyway.

Not if bracket size has stayed the same it won't
    • Hendross
      Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
      In for progress, and nothing more. Nothing new here.
    • pheregas
      pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
      In fairness, it did say this was a preview, not the posted real results, right? Trying to be optimistic.

Now, onto the pessimistic....

If CL7 is supposed to be the same as it is now and nothing above CL7 is available right now, then what exactly are we doing here and why should we care?

It seems that CL1-6 is going to be for the newbie population while anyone here SR65+ are going to be duking it out with less lower people involved since the brackets will take longer to fill in. I feel like even I might be pushed out of top 100 here.

Either that or CL1-6 brackets will never flip and CL7 will flip 14 times.
    • fmftint
      fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
      Anything less than CL7 this is a step backward
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      pheregas wrote:
      In fairness, it did say this was a preview, not the posted real results, right? Trying to be optimistic.

Now, onto the pessimistic....

If CL7 is supposed to be the same as it is now and nothing above CL7 is available right now, then what exactly are we doing here and why should we care?

It seems that CL1-6 is going to be for the newbie population while anyone here SR65+ are going to be duking it out with less lower people involved since the brackets will take longer to fill in. I feel like even I might be pushed out of top 100 here.

Either that or CL1-6 brackets will never flip and CL7 will flip 14 times.

This definitely does remove my theory people would try to go into lower clearance level brackets to face easier opponents that can't handle the high level grind. Rewards for placement are worse or the same as current. I think they seriously need to fix the alliance rewards at least, if they don't want to tear apart alliances. It is hard enough getting in top 100. Forcing people to be in a top 50 alliance will destroy a lot of alliances and cause people to merc out.
    • HaywireII
      HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
      I read that there was a statement that CL7 progression will include a 4* cover. I guess I have to wait till the event starts to find out if it's true.
    • wymtime
      wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
      simonsez wrote:
      Bowgentle wrote:
      One 4* cover.
      For T1.

You gotta be kidding me.

From my understanding CL7 is supposed to be status quo or the same as today. So this is one step back.
      I really thought level 5 was suppose to be like it is today and level 6 and 7 were upgrades?

With what I am seeing for level 3 and level 6 it is not very impressive.