S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: Event Rewards Preview *Updated

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    nihilium wrote:
    D3 acknowledges that there is a problem with wrongly calculated shield ranks...

2016-09-1423_09_15.png

You reported a bug and received the standard, initial response to any bug report from CS. This is an acknowledgement of your ticket and word that a report is being provided to the developers. It is not a confirmation that a bug exists. As far as I am aware - there is no bug with the calculation of ranks.

Thanks.
  • kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Preview is live on the game. 4* for progression in SCL 7
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im happy for progression.

Wish it was more than one but I'll take what I can get.

Also a bit disappointed that only top 5 gets the 4 star covers from rewards. but hey one step at a time i guess.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:

Also a bit disappointed that only top 5 gets the 4 star covers from rewards. but hey one step at a time i guess.

I'm guessing level 8-10 is where you'll see a second one in progression. But my guess is it will still be whichever character is essential for the progression rewards.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Did they walk that back explicitly somewhere? They're not in the table, but the table isn't broken down by CL at all.
    Do mission rewards change?
    Currently, mission rewards do not change for different Clearance Levels.
    From the FAQ announcing the CL.

That was posted Friday, and the announcement of Elite Tokens, including them replacing Standards in CL5 and above, was posted Monday.

Edit: Although when I go back and look it doesn't say they replace standards in mission rewards, just that they "replace standard tokens." So I guess we'll see in 12 hours.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor

And 3000 ISO for top 100, which is about 2000 more than the last time the event ran. They added ISO to everything, and traded in the placement covers for progression covers, which seems like a fine deal IMO (though I guess there's an argument to be made that the trade didn't have to happen at all).
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler

Yep, I like it.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

I'm guessing level 8-10 is where you'll see a second one in progression. But my guess is it will still be whichever character is essential for the progression rewards.

And it'll be the same color as RNG demands it.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Having the essential 4* in progression is really good so that people can actually play that node at some point instead of being locked out the whole event. I like that. Removing the 4* from t10 is a bit of a head scratcher, though. I'm also wondering at the heroic token at 9000 instead of an event token.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thumbs up for the screen that allows you to view rewards and flip between SCLevels.

Also thumbs up for 4* progression reward.

I'm ok with this.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akari wrote:
    Having the essential 4* in progression is really good so that people can actually play that node at some point instead of being locked out the whole event. I like that. Removing the 4* from t10 is a bit of a head scratcher, though. I'm also wondering at the heroic token at 9000 instead of an event token.

They moved the 4* cover from only t10 to progression available to all. That's a win.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Akari wrote:

They moved the 4* cover from only t10 to progression available to all. That's a win.

It also blurs the bar between t10 and t20 since there's only a 500 iso difference. It's a net positive, especially if it means I don't have to stress about t10 anymore if I miss some grinds.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Akari wrote:

For a better example of things, remember we still have 3 more levels to go and thus cover rewards will expand.

Level 2 has a 3* as number 1 prize, and thats it
    Level 3 has a 3* as top 5 prize
    Level 4 has them as top 10 prizes

At level 5, all of the lower-level covers of OBW are replaced with tokens

Then level 6 we have one 4* as top 1 prize
    Level 7 we currently have them as top 5 prize
    Assuming the pattern holds, at level 8 we can expect to see 4* as top 10 prize
    At level 9 the covers below the 4*s will be replaced with tokens (lets assume some weird 3-4* progression token, but probably just legendary leading down to heroic)
    Then at level 10 we would of course see a 5* as the top prize, 4*s up to rank 20, and everything else being superior token to heroic to maybe elite.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Holy bovines. As long as this doesn't affect scaling, this is awesome!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Christ, what a huge overreaction. People complaining about nerfed rewards fail to notice that they are the rewards fit for SCL 6 players, in other words RANK 27 players. If I understand correctly that's players on the higher end of the 2*-3* transition who need to cover up their dozens of half-covered 3*s.

Now, I know this may be a bit of an unpopular opinion, but hear me out. This is a good thing. In fact, it's a thing that I and others have felt concern about for a long time: The fact that due scaling treating everybody the same, a Day 1 player can compete for the same progression rewards as a day 1000 player and due to the random nature of the highest rewards, the day 1 player can pull a Black Bolt out of their 25 CP, while the day 1000 player may get their 27th Chulk. Not only that's terribly unfair in principle, also the lucky Day 1 player literally pulled themselves ahead of other Day 1 players by /months/. Under no circumstances new players should be receiving the same rewards as veteran players, especially not the ones that randomly allow them to get even better stuff.

Now, I believe lots of people agreed with this. However, I feel that the general belief was that rewards should stay as they are for the newer players, and use them as a base to increase the rewards of people in the ranks above. This should be needless to say, but it would have caused an inflation of rewards that would have badly messed up the current economy of MPQ. Rather, the rewards remained more or less the same for players Rank 32 and above and were adjusted down for players below. Veteran players have nothing to lose from this measure and they will win in the short-term future when SCL 8-10 are introduced, improving from the current rewards.

So everybody please chill. Thank you.
  • Halleck
    Halleck Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Previewing the details, the SCL 7 changes are a big and welcome net improvement for where I'm at in the game. The 4* from progression is the big door-opener, obviously. That said, I can certainly understand if those with higher-level rosters need the "Coming Soon" for something that fits them.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    CL7 is now in game and as far as I see, casual play got a buff and competitive play got a nerf.
    To all the people saying "progression rewards are better now" I'm not denying that, but as long as there is a competitive field people WILL compete, and the competitive window just got a lot smaller
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    CL7 is now in game and as far as I see, casual play got a buff and competitive play got a nerf.
    To all the people saying "progression rewards are better now" I'm not denying that, but as long as there is a competitive field people WILL compete, and the competitive window just got a lot smaller

This is assuming that more vets will be squeezed into fewer brackets and thus placement will be harder. The way I see it everyone that was in a vet bracket before will be CL7 now. Since tanking is no longer an option many more people will play just for progression, whether it's for the 4* cover, all the CP, or something else. Thus you have a higher proportion of potential vets playing and placement may be easier. In reality though nobody knows what's going to happen until this rolls out so let's just see how it plays out.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Ok seeing the rewards now, it's evident that I will be getting 1 additional 3*, 1 additional 4*, more iso and several more tokens over the old system. Once SCL 8-10 is implemented, the relative gains should be significant (I expect I'll be SCL 9, at the very least).

Since we don't have a thumbs up emoticon, here's a hotdog. hotdog.png
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, so now I'm seeing the CL7 rewards; as a casual PvE player, I can't say I'm unhappy with this change.

Seeing more of the picture now, it's definitely clear they're trying to steer cover progression into just playing, rather than just playing competitively. That's a good thing.

New releases are gonna be a nightmare but for just daily play, the progression iso is doubled, there's more covers available, and the CP is split up so if life interferes you can still pick some up. And unless I'm mistaken, there's a touch more iso in the nodes as well.

These are all good things. I completely get being annoyed if you play competitively, but I'm on board with this.