S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: Event Rewards Preview *Updated

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Swwwiiinnnnngggg and a miss...
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited September 2016
    I think there's a few people in this thread that need to calm down just a bit. We don't have information on all clearance levels and we don't even have all the information on the 2 levels that were shown to us. It's not fair to the Devs to be grabbing the torches and pitch forks already. That's what cause the radio silence last time.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2016
    Ok, now I'm concerned. I was very optimistic with the idea of clearance levels, but these screen shots scare me. There is little incentive to play those levels which will lead to an over crowded CL7, and if CL7 rewards are anything like CL6.... this is going to get ugly.

Don't waste this opportunity, D3. Make sure your rewards benefit your players for the time they will need to invest to earn them, or you will loose players.

******* updated 9/20 ******
    After playing the first event and seeing the rewards I apologize for doubting the number cruncher at D3 and will try not to do that again. The progression rewards made up for the perceived lower ranking rewards. I personally prefer higher progression rewards.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Salgy wrote:
    TheVulture wrote:
    All 3 covers of a 3* being progression rewards looks quite tasty. icon_e_smile.gif

Where you looking vulture? I'm only seeing 2 black punisher covers...

Whoops; scrolling too fast! You're quite right. icon_redface.gif
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    People are probably jumping the gun here. Progression rewards for SCL7 might make up for the reduced placement rewards. Isn't that what people have been asking for?
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2016
    I'm cautiously optimistic.

CL6 is more player friendly for CP and offers more reward in general including a couple thousand bonus ISO. The placement rewards give out a good deal more ISO. You get two 3*'s just for progression as well.

All you really lose is some 3* covers in placement in exchange for all of the above.

All told that's surprisingly player friendly. Kudos for rewarding the 1000 people per sub more rather than just focusing on the top 20.

What makes me optimistic about things is that this is only CL6 of a system that is proposed to go to CL10 eventually. Even if the rewards don't scale up significantly this shows some promise when combined with all of the other recent improvements.

Edit: One word of caution though. PLEASE BE GENEROUS FOR NEW CHARACTER RELEASES! Don't forget why alliance rewards shifted to giving a cover for top 100 teams. We do not need to revisit the mass merc craze for stingy new character rewards.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Ok, now I'm concerned. I was very optimistic with the idea of clearance levels, but these screen shots scare me. There is little incentive to play those levels which will lead to an over crowded CL7, and if CL7 rewards are anything like CL6.... this is going to get ugly.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. The only way this placement reward structure isn't a straight downgrade from what we have now is if the brackets are way smaller and less competitive, and if everybody's driven to CL7 then those are going to be a bloodbath.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is going to destroy a lot of T100 alliances as CL6 players bail looking for T50 they need for the extra alliance cover
  • Tredo
    Tredo Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I might just take CL1 on all old character PvEs. At least you should be able to clear all the nodes to the checkmarks easily for the XP.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Tredo wrote:
    I might just take CL1 on all old character PvEs. At least you should be able to clear all the nodes to the checkmarks easily for the XP.

Tredo, I don't think the scaling changes by CL level. So you may be facing the same difficulties of the nodes based on your roster.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    It's really hard to judge this without seeing the CL7 rewards. Posting CL6 instead of 7 was a questionable PR move, sure to draw pitchforks.

Still, at first glance it appears that progression rewards are being improved while placement rewards are being nerfed. Exactly how much the pendulum swings in CL7 will be the real determining factor here, but this looks like a step toward what everyone has been clamoring for.

There's a certain irony here in that I suspect zero placement rewards, with the same progression rewards, would have been better received by this community.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, to achieve your goal of giving out better rewards than the ones that currently exist, you've implemented a system to give out worse rewards than the ones that currently exist. Yep, that's about par for the course for these devs. Honestly, I'm not surprised in the least.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will note that the placement rewards for subs in CL6 include a ton of ISO, so that's nice.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2016
    EDIT: put screenshot and discussion of it into spoiler text, since it was pointed out that I interpreted the screenshot incorrectly (it's showing minimum Rank to get in, not placement level for reward)
    Wow, it appears that the planning for Clearance Levels has changed considerably in the five days since we saw this screenshot:
    MPQ_SCL_Event_Sign_Up_Sep_2016.JPG
    So you went from the Top 30 people in CL6 getting a 4* to now the Top 1 person getting a 4*, and the Top 20 only getting a 3*? That is a huge difference.
    It's almost like there was a discussion about buffing up the progression rewards but then thinking that you need to significantly decrease the placement rewards to off-set those changes. Top 200 used to get you a 3* cover; Top 100 used to get you two 3* covers. Now CL6 has two 3*s in progression (up from the one they used to have), so anything lower than Top 20 doesn't get a fixed cover, because they'll get two in the progression of the next event?

I based a lot of my early roster progress on hitting Top 100 or Top 200 with a limited amount of effort. That same effort as a CL6 player with this reward structure wouldn't get me any specific cover for placement; I would instead just get two or three random 2* or 3* covers (which, based on the odds, would probably be 2* covers). That's going to make it even harder for a 2* to 3* transitioner to get specific covers (outside of Daily Deadpool).

I'm looking forward to the tables showing all the rewards and specifically what Clearance Level 7 will bring, and remain hopeful that a 4* cover will show up in progression for PVE. If it doesn't, then I highly recommend you announce that yet-to-be-released Clearance Level 8, 9, or 10 will have 4*s as progression rewards.

Also, we're all going to want to know what this means for new character releases. E.g., if only the Top 20 in CL6 are getting a 3* cover, do only the Top 20 get a cover for the new character during a release event?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    For a player at my level (22 3* champed, no 4*s champed, focusing on 3*s still) CL6 looks really good to OK. I love the 3 3* covers in progression and spread out CP. I think no guaranteed 3* unless you place in at least 20th is a bad choice, but that's my main complaint.

This also telegraphs to me that their original max CL levels were correct and lowering them was really silly. IMO.

Best news is I was worried vets might snipe lower for higher placement, I don't have to worry about that by the looks of it. I'll most likely be choosing CL6 even though CL7 is available to me. You vets can fight in your own pool :-p

Some people have asked why this was done if it's not an improvement. This is clearly to help them adjust major progression issues with people joining in the last 6-12 months since 5* started coming out and 4* growing like weeds. I would assume CL7 is supposed to be pretty close to what we get now and hopefully it won't be long until we see a CL8 that hopefully has 5* chances in it, but time will tell.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Wow, it appears that the planning for Clearance Levels has changed considerably in the five days since we saw this screenshot:
    MPQ_SCL_Event_Sign_Up_Sep_2016.JPG
    So you went from the Top 30 people in CL6 getting a 4* to now the Top 1 person getting a 4*, and the Top 20 only getting a 3*? That is a huge difference.

It's almost like there was a discussion about buffing up the progression rewards but then thinking that you need to significantly decrease the placement rewards to off-set those changes. Top 200 used to get you a 3* cover; Top 100 used to get you two 3* covers. Now CL6 has two 3*s in progression (up from the one they used to have), so anything lower than Top 20 doesn't get a fixed cover, because they'll get two in the progression of the next event?

I based a lot of my early roster progress on hitting Top 100 or Top 200 with a limited amount of effort. That same effort as a CL6 player with this reward structure wouldn't get me any specific cover for placement; I would instead just get two or three random 2* or 3* covers (which, based on the odds, would probably be 2* covers). That's going to make it even harder for a 2* to 3* transitioner to get specific covers (outside of Daily Deadpool).

I'm looking forward to the tables showing all the rewards and specifically what Clearance Level 7 will bring, and remain hopeful that a 4* cover will show up in progression for PVE. If it doesn't, then I highly recommend you announce that yet-to-be-released Clearance Level 8, 9, or 10 will have 4*s as progression rewards.

Also, we're all going to want to know what this means for new character releases. E.g., if only the Top 20 in CL6 are getting a 3* cover, do only the Top 20 get a cover for the new character during a release event?

You're reading that screenshot completely wrong. The 30+ does not mean r1-30 get a 4*. It means you have to be SHIELD Rank 30 or higher to enter that clearance level. It seems like a lot of information was miscommunicated and has lead to the fiasco we have now.
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    *hopefully I haven't miscounted Anywhere sorry about the formatting

Assuming CL6 and Top 100 Alliance the differences are:

For: Ranking 1, 2-5, 6-10, 11-20, 21-50,51-100
    iso 4110 2260 2260 1760 1760 1260
    boost -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
    3 star 0 0 0 -1 -3 -2
    cp 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Heroic Token 1 1 1 1 1 1
    Elite Token 3 3 3 3 6 6
    hp 125 125 125 125 100 100
    Event token -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
    4 star -2 -2 -1 0 0 0
    2 star -2 -2 -2 -2 -2 -2

Major differences are more iso, less 3 star covers at the lower rankings and less 4s at the top end. Loss of 2 star covers more than compensated for by Elite tokens. Event token out for Heroic which will be worse on vault events but comparable otherwise.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    This is going to destroy a lot of T100 alliances as CL6 players bail looking for T50 they need for the extra alliance cover

New cover release on CL7 better still be Top100 or MPQ will have a fire storm of hate coming their way, followed by a mass exodus of players and money.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Duplicate post. Sorry!
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Well, to be fair, CL6 only requires... what, level 30? The rewards seem pretty much in-line with a level 30 player. And it's a big jump from CL3 to CL6:

CL 3 Progression:
    12 CP
    1500 ISO
    2x 2*
    2x Standard
    1x Heroic
    1x Event

CL6
    25 CP
    3550 ISO
    2x 3*
    1x Standard
    1x Elite
    1x Heroic
    1x Event

CL3 T10 Placement:
    2x 2*
    2250 ISO
    25 HP

CL6 T10 Placement:
    3x 3*
    3500 ISO
    100 HP

So I'm holding off to see what CL7 and above looks like. Though I don't understand the point of releasing 100 levels when you only have to be level 30 to play in CL7. Right now I'm level 81... when am I going to get to play in a CL that gives rewards relevant to level 81?