Alliance Improvements Thread

Comments

• DayvBang wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:
    Yes, let's make it so that alliance members have to pay for it. Because devs are not already making money of everything. What's the difference with sharing it on Facebook and your alliance? People don't buy it on facebook. Why should they buy it from alliance pool if there was such a thing?

It should be exactly like it's on facebook and you should be able to share it with who you want same as on facebook. If you put it in a pool, I'm sure many people will get upset and it might cause fights inside alliances.
    Two different things. That's reward sharing. I'd like to see it expanded to alliances, but the whole reason it exists is to get us to convince Facebook friends to start playing. There's no benefit to D3 if they divert those rewards exclusively to people fully invested in the game.

I'm suggesting a way they could implement cover sharing -- i.e., selecting an unclaimed reward of your own and giving the benefit away to someone who needs it more. For example, I'm going to get at least one LilCuteGreenDude cover I don't need from the current PvP, and it would be nice to give it to someone on my team that actually needs it instead of just converting it to ISO.
    They could also make it post on facebook. I mean on your profile. So there is still benefit of making the player advertise the game on facebook. "KevinMark has shared Classic Storm blue cover with DavyBang in his alliance playing MPQ...". with cover's image and post it on your profile after you do it.

I understand your point how what you said was different. That's an interesting thought.
  • I'm all for giving commander spots for people who open a spot, but what happens when an alliance gets stuck with 4 or 5 spots of inactive commanders who have quit the game. It is inevitable that people stop playing. The ONLY reason I am reluctant to make people commander is the inactive/quiter fear. I already had a friend randomly quit. I had to call him and ask him to reinstall the game just so he could leave the alliance. I luckily know him in real life, but imagine if it was someone else I have no contact with.

Have a supreme commander or something that there can be only one of in each alliance. He should have complete control. If you are worried about him booting people who just joined and opened slots, then so be it. It's always at your own risk. I promise the one thing that will halt my money to this game is something stupid like bad development killing my alliance with inactives.
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Best idea ive seen so far is the remove commander status after x amountvon time not oogging on the game and a way to see when people last played. Please let this happen
  • Would be nice if alliance members can 'donate' a x amount of points to help the alliance open a new spot instead of directly needing to pay the whole amount of points at once.
  • Can we get 5 more spots please?
  • Just a small quibble compared to the rest of the things here... Perhaps can there be more involvement to the trophies? Like even just an extra 500/200/100 ISO to the top 3. Or maybe be able to have a persistent "trophy case" by your name.
  • aside from the obvious suggestion of allowing alliance size increase, Could we add a scoring implementation for alliance events where similar to some olympic scoring, the bottom 2-3 are dropped from the Alliance total score. This would help by:

A. If someone goes on vacation, they don't screw the alliance
    B. People don't need to leave an alliance for an event or 2 because of their time away.

We've found that in the last several events, having just 1 person away even for just the last 2 days of an event can be the difference between first and 20th.

I know every alliance will have times when someone will not have web access but this would be a good solution and hopefully not to hard to implement
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    LoreNYC wrote:
    We've found that in the last several events, having just 1 person away even for just the last 2 days of an event can be the difference between first and 20th.

My word, it must be horrible for you to have to suffer a 20th place finish. How has your alliance even survived? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Just wish they would implement ranks of 2-5 or 2-10.1-5 or 1-10 or anything besides what there is now. Having ranks of
    S.H.I.E.L.D
    2-50
    51-whatever

Basically feels like there isn't an alliance competition ATM. Maybe that's the way they want it but coming in top 2 almost every time for no extra reward is kinda silly. We could play 1/2 as much and get top 50 for same thing. Where's our incentive. Boooooriiiing. Idc if our reward for #2 doesn't change. Just want something to differentiate 2 from 50 cuz that's just an absurd grouping.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wish they would implement ranks of 2-5 or 2-10.1-5 or 1-10 or anything besides what there is now. Having ranks of
    S.H.I.E.L.D
    2-50
    51-whatever

Basically feels like there isn't an alliance competition ATM. Maybe that's the way they want it but coming in top 2 almost every time for no extra reward is kinda silly. We could play 1/2 as much and get top 50 for same thing. Where's our incentive. Boooooriiiing. Idc if our reward for #2 doesn't change. Just want something to differentiate 2 from 50 cuz that's just an absurd grouping.

Yeah, I get it. And I agree. I also wish they'd add 2* covers for alliance ranks 101-200 or 101-250. A lot of our members are in the 1* to 2* transition, so even though we have a 20-member alliance we can struggle to get into the top 100 for a 3* cover. Getting the extra iso and HP is nice and I really hate complaining, but throwing those mid-level players a bone or two every once in a while wouldn't hurt anybody.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I didn't read through every page so I apologize if this was addressed.

Now that we have alliance chat in game it needs to be expanded upon. Direct messaging is the next step, it would at least help to try and contact players that you haven't heard from or seen in game lately.
  • There seems to be a lot of competition out at the 120-80 range.

I agree 1st place is very nice even if it goes to the same people most of the time, 2-50 is still nice and 51-100 is well almost exactly the same as 2-50. It is those not wanting to be 101 that the competition is fierce.
  • There seems to be a lot of competition out at the 120-80 range.

I agree 1st place is very nice even if it goes to the same people most of the time, 2-50 is still nice and 51-100 is well almost exactly the same as 2-50. It is those not wanting to be 101 that the competition is fierce.

Yes that's probably true yet enforces my point even further that there's 0 competition in top 50. You are either shield or top 50. Nothing else. Haha. No offense to shield btw. That's just how **** is ATM.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that we can view alliances and their current point totals, could we also get shielding status next to each player's name?
  • klingsor wrote:
    Can we get 5 more spots please?

I didn't down-vote this because I thought it was a mean thing to do, but this might be the worst idea in the universe. Alliances are what--a month old? Are you already dissatisfied with the steep competitive wall erected between the people who shelled out $200 worth of alliance slot herodollars and the people who haven't?
  • Moon 17 wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    Can we get 5 more spots please?

I didn't down-vote this because I thought it was a mean thing to do, but this might be the worst idea in the universe. Alliances are what--a month old? Are you already dissatisfied with the steep competitive wall erected between the people who shelled out $200 worth of alliance slot herodollars and the people who haven't?

Bro, I'm a controversial figure, don't down vote me based on disagreement, just state your case... I manage over 60 people, and get interest constantly to the point we started the 4th. I have more friends than slots and would like for us to play together. I'm not asking for more slots from an economic point of view, where I'm trying to keep things fair. I want to play with my friends in one group and there is demand for larger alliances. I didn't come up with the ridiculous pricing scheme so don't blame me for cost. I can't remove people to add more, so I'm stuck with my original twenty at this point.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Two requests for chat window improvements:

Enable gesture style keyboards (like swype or default android 4.2+)

Disable "jump to top" when an alliance member adds a new message. My alliance was very active in chat last night and I was trying to pick up where I left off, but the window would jump to the top and i'd have to scroll down, find where i left off, then catch-up as much as possible before it'd jump to the top again. rinse lather repeat until i was up to speed. it was kind of frustrating to work with, but i guess it's an uncommon occurrence.

sorry if any of this has already been covered in this thread, i didn't bother reading the whole thing before posting

thanks.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    LoreNYC wrote:
    aside from the obvious suggestion of allowing alliance size increase, Could we add a scoring implementation for alliance events where similar to some olympic scoring, the bottom 2-3 are dropped from the Alliance total score. This would help by:

A. If someone goes on vacation, they don't screw the alliance
    B. People don't need to leave an alliance for an event or 2 because of their time away.

I know every alliance will have times when someone will not have web access but this would be a good solution and hopefully not to hard to implement

This is a really good idea. Would definitely support.
  • Gotta add my vote for some resolution to Commander inactivity.

Especially, those who were promoted by accident, spent no HP to join, and have contributed nothing for over a month.

I sincerely hope something is done about this type of issue on the next update.
  • -JBK- wrote:
    Gotta add my vote for some resolution to Commander inactivity.

Especially, those who were promoted by accident, spent no HP to join, and have contributed nothing for over a month.

I sincerely hope something is done about this type of issue on the next update.

Right now best thing to do is open a cs ticket. They definitely know this is a problem. Just an issue of how fast they address it.