Alliance Improvements Thread

Comments

• Unknown
    edited March 2014
    klingsor wrote:

i agree with you, as a commander, I would definitely abuse this feature! "Hey Billy, you are slacking there my friend! Get to work before I replace you with a member of AceofBase!"

But maybe showing if an member has been inactive or last logged on? " So last logged on 3/25/14 Ah cool, he is still playing!"

Be careful... You're giving D3 Publisher the idea/opportunity to monetize an alliance member stats query icon_e_wink.gif
  • Frailezim
    Frailezim Posts: 68
    My biggest gripes are:

1) Donating to a HP pool for the improvement of the group.
    2) Increasing spaces- I'll get to 20 eventually.
    3) Sharing cards between members. If I get a random card that I know a teammate would appreciate, surely it makes sense to give this to them, to better his team and my team?
  • Just observing alliances, a few thoughts.

As it stands now, all members of an alliance contribute points. A member can earn points in one alliance for an entire event, but then maybe his friend opened up that 20th spot in another alliance so said member leaves and goes to his new home, and takes all of his points with him. Someone can contribute points to one group for 9.9 days of an event then bail out in the last hour and give all those points to someone else, totally leaving the initial alliance in the lurch.

There is next to no reason to be loyal to one alliance for any amount of time. Especially small ones.

As part of the expansion of alliance features I would really love seeing some way to reward loyalty.

Would help if all members could contribute HP towards new slots so alliances have a way to grow gradually with members all working towards a shared goal of adding new people.

It seems more likely that alliances with more slots will slowly pull active members from smaller alliances with promises of riches.

If does go like that I worry about the 7 man alliance who only has 4 members because they have no desire to just add people in 'because.' Do they abandon their current alliance to join another? What if in the future they have the ability to merge with another alliance in a similar situation (take the spent hp cost from one and add that much to the alliance hp bank of the merged one if there ever is a hp bank that is).

A loyalty reward might help people stick with an alliance. After a 10 days start giving members small daily rewards for staying with their chosen alliance and reset the counter if they jump ship.

So those are my three suggestions.
    1. HP bank any member can contribute to for buying of slots.
    2. Some mechanic for merging small under-rostered alliances
    3. A loyalty reward for members who stick it out with an alliance even if they aren't top tier
  • The problem I am witnessing with my alliance is that we have a high rotativity of players. Therefore we are only couple days left to this event and have lost a lot of points. My suggestion is the points should be linked to the Alliance and not to the player. It will make the players to commit to your Alliance, and not use it as a ladder to climb to the golden pot.
  • datmi wrote:
    The problem I am witnessing with my alliance is that we have a high rotativity of players. Therefore we are only couple days left to this event and have lost a lot of points. My suggestion is the points should be linked to the Alliance and not to the player. It will make the players to commit to your Alliance, and not use it as a ladder to climb to the golden pot.
    If they leave the alliance before the event ended, obviously they can't use it as a ladder to climb the golden pot. What you are suggesting is probably exploitable.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Possible improvements ....

If a commander does not log in to the game for 2 weeks, they lose commander status.

At the end of an event, alliance members can see a breakdown of the number of points earned by each member.

If an alliance has no commander, then the member that gets the most points in the next event becomes a commander.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    datmi wrote:
    The problem I am witnessing with my alliance is that we have a high rotativity of players. Therefore we are only couple days left to this event and have lost a lot of points. My suggestion is the points should be linked to the Alliance and not to the player. It will make the players to commit to your Alliance, and not use it as a ladder to climb to the golden pot.
    If they leave the alliance before the event ended, obviously they can't use it as a ladder to climb the golden pot. What you are suggesting is probably exploitable.

The point is they will leave mine or your Alliance whenever they want to join a better ranked team. Why? Golden Pot. That is what I meant. And there is no commitment for them to stay in your team. Want to leave? Ok. Thanks for your contribution and godspeed.

Hope it is more clear for you now.
  • Hmm, I see what you mean. My alliance doesn't have this problem because we recruit people in a different forum after we talk to them. I think adding random people especially if you are paying for roster slots is not ideal.
  • I would like to be able to exchange covers with alliance members, guys in my alliance get OBW and Hood covers that they don't need but I do, and I have a lot of luck pulling hulk covers which I don't need since mine is already complete
  • I would like to be able to exchange covers with alliance members, guys in my alliance get OBW and Hood covers that they don't need but I do, and I have a lot of luck pulling hulk covers which I don't need since mine is already complete

This !
    Really that will be one of the most important thing, I believe it.

I remember to be lucky with Punisher covers, and some of my teamates are in need of them...
    Anyway, I hope they will add this share/exchange covers button for the alliance, soon or later on.
  • Should definitely add an option for all alliance members to 'donate' hero points to a pool that can only be used by the commander(s) to open slots instead of having to make a bunch of commanders that each have to individually have the points.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    I would like to be able to exchange covers with alliance members, guys in my alliance get OBW and Hood covers that they don't need but I do, and I have a lot of luck pulling hulk covers which I don't need since mine is already complete

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Would be hugely helpful, especially for players developing their rosters, like myself.
  • Have a cover pool for Alliances. When selling a cover have an option to put it in an alliance pool. Either it can be first come first serve, so whoever claims it first gets it or have the person that wants it pay the selling price (100 ISO for a one star, 250 for a two star, etc.). That ISO paid will go back to the player that put the cover in the pool.
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    KevinMark wrote:
    Maybe it would be good to share rewards with your alliance members ala people doing it on Facebook.

Agreed. With alliances, FB sharing is silly
  • datmi wrote:
    Probably not a good approach, it's pretty easy to exploit. Keep one slot open, invite twink account, complete some missions, remove twink account, repeat for as long as you care to boost your alliance score. The alliance contribution would have to be voided on leaving the alliance, starting at zero again on entering the next alliance.
  • Cover trading will never happen to this game in whatever limited form. Token and cover sells don't look for competition.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    pasa_ wrote:
    Cover trading will never happen to this game in whatever limited form. Token and cover sells don't look for competition.
    Well, if they could monetize trading a little, they might consider it.

With that in mind, my suggestion for Alliance based cover-sharing would be something like this: add an option to put a spare cover into an Alliance Pool instead of selling it, opting to forego the ISO to offer it to a teammate. Teammates then can buy it out of the Alliance pool for something like 100HP per star (numbers would need to be tweaked of course) - significantly less than buying a character power directly, but still requiring some buy-in. You could limit the number of covers a single player could donate to the pool or buy out of the pool in a day if you want to keep this from cycling too quickly.
  • Yes, let's make it so that alliance members have to pay for it. Because devs are not already making money of everything. What's the difference with sharing it on Facebook and your alliance? People don't buy it on facebook. Why should they buy it from alliance pool if there was such a thing?

It should be exactly like it's on facebook and you should be able to share it with who you want same as on facebook. If you put it in a pool, I'm sure many people will get upset and it might cause fights inside alliances.
  • Dayv
    KevinMark wrote:
    Yes, let's make it so that alliance members have to pay for it. Because devs are not already making money of everything. What's the difference with sharing it on Facebook and your alliance? People don't buy it on facebook. Why should they buy it from alliance pool if there was such a thing?

It should be exactly like it's on facebook and you should be able to share it with who you want same as on facebook. If you put it in a pool, I'm sure many people will get upset and it might cause fights inside alliances.
    Two different things. That's reward sharing. I'd like to see it expanded to alliances, but the whole reason it exists is to get us to convince Facebook friends to start playing. There's no benefit to D3 if they divert those rewards exclusively to people fully invested in the game.

I'm suggesting a way they could implement cover sharing -- i.e., selecting an unclaimed reward of your own and giving the benefit away to someone who needs it more. For example, I'm going to get at least one Hulk cover I don't need from the current PvP, and it would be nice to give it to someone on my team that actually needs it instead of just converting it to ISO.
  • Dayv
    Overall, the biggest thing Alliances need right now, IMO, is a way to tell if a player has quit the game and a way to revoke their commander status if they stop logging in.

Everything else is gravy, but eventually the alliances will have an increasing number of stale players, and you're particularly hosed if they have commander status. Even if they aren't commanders, the only way you can verify people are still playing for sure (barring mandatory forum participation or other out-of-game communication) is to monitor their roster and see if they're still leveling characters.