Civil War Returns! - New Event Details *Updated

123457»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Alliance did better than ever this run. We finished round 7 for Team Cap in the waning minutes of the event, and also managed to clear round 6 for Team Iron Man, so everyone got five fourstar covers. Very nice indeed!
    Last run I Believe we finished round seven on one side but only got through round 5 on the other side. It's nice to see some improvement. I particularly like the two sides design since we have players of very different roster strength, so when one side scales too high for the weaker rosters they can just start working on the other side.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I particularly like the two sides design since we have players of very different roster strength, so when one side scales too high for the weaker rosters they can just start working on the other side.
    How does that work, when both sides are exactly the same levels at all times?

I only switched sides for one node, because that Storm wave node on the second to last refresh was pure evil at level 430.
  • Quebbster
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I particularly like the two sides design since we have players of very different roster strength, so when one side scales too high for the weaker rosters they can just start working on the other side.

I only switched sides for one node, because that Storm wave node on the second to last refresh was pure evil at level 430.
    They can usually do the unlock nodes even at high levels, though some gave up on the wave nodes towards the end. The boss battle just became too much around round 7 for some though.
  • Bowgentle
    Quebbster wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

They can usually do the unlock nodes even at high levels, though some gave up on the wave nodes towards the end. The boss battle just became too much around round 7 for some though.
    Ah, gotcha.
    I completely forgot the boss node lol.
    It was so laughably easy compared to the side nodes in the end.
  • Quebbster
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Ah, gotcha.
    I completely forgot the boss node lol.
    It was so laughably easy compared to the side nodes in the end.
    I agree. But I'm the only one in my Alliance with a maxed OML, so I Think my perspective is a bit different than the others'. icon_lol.gif
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I really wish they'd make the final refresh 8 hrs like the rest. Sucks to not be able to contribute in the final stretch, because of something trivial like sleep.
  • Quebbster
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:
    I really wish they'd make the final refresh 8 hrs like the rest. Sucks to not be able to contribute in the final stretch, because of something trivial like sleep.
    I have to admit I set the alarm at 5AM this morning in case I needed to contribute to the final grind. Turns out I was in fact needed, so that alarm gave me (and everyone in the alliance) another Winter Soldier cover. Considering Winter Soldier was one of my least covered fourstars (5 covers before Civil War), it's a sacrifice I am happy to make. I don't expect to do it again soon though.
  • Bowgentle
    Quebbster wrote:
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:
    I have to admit I set the alarm at 5AM this morning in case I needed to contribute to the final grind. Turns out I was in fact needed, so that alarm gave me (and everyone in the alliance) another Winter Soldier cover. Considering Winter Soldier was one of my least covered fourstars (5 covers before Civil War), it's a sacrifice I am happy to make. I don't expect to do it again soon though.
    I woke up at my regular 5:20am time for workdays to the red room token.
    Had JUST enough time to get in two hits on the boss to get top personal progression too.
    So I got both alliance and personal top prog on both sides.

It did remind me how terrible it was when all PVEs ended at 6am CET, though.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank god I wasn't around then. Theres no way I'd still be playing the game today if silly end times like that were still the norm.
  • Quebbster
    Thank god I wasn't around then. Theres no way I'd still be playing the game today if silly end times like that were still the norm.
    Eh, back then I just figured placement wasn't for me. Time slices were a huge improvement though
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seemed like every event, story and versus finished at 5am for some of us.
  • Quebbster
    Linkster79 wrote:
    It seemed like every event, story and versus finished at 5am for some of us.
    Also, shields weren't a thing yet. You just had to hope you didn't fall too long down the rewards ladder during the night.
    When shields launched I could at least play in the evening and then put up an 8 hour shield to protect my score somewhat...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Underrated part of run 3, compared to the first two, is the massive increase in node rewards. In all 3 runs I've gotten all available personal progressions, and alliance has cleared 14-15 of the available rounds.

I made more iso in this run than the first two combined. It worked out to be just under what I have gotten from the last few 7 day events. Also have a 24-14 win in favor of CP earned this time compared to last two combined.

This is a big jump compared to the last Ultron run as well, and it is definitely much appreciated.