Civil War Returns! - New Event Details *Updated

Comments

• SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    New event good.

17 hrs to prepare, not even advance galactus style inkling......
    Sigh
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Will we be running Civil War once, or do we get a second crack at it a couple of days later, like before?

The last 2 times they ran it, they did it twice. I'd hope we get it twice again, this is one of my favorite events.

When they ran Ultron for the encore performance around the DVD release last year, it was only once. Two runs at each debut; one go each for the reruns of Ultron and Galactus.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    thisone wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    thisone wrote:
    The limited vault looks nice. Daisy green and an LT. Buyers club anyone? icon_e_smile.gif

Whoa there thisone, demi/d3 are going to swoon reading that post!

Doubt it. They'll not see it when people see you can't round 8/round 8 this bad boy. I guess this is the calm before the storm.. icon_e_smile.gif

Based on what? Progression is the same as it was last run.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2016
    So wait why are we getting a 5* version of black widow? Why not like any * of Baron zemo the main villain or crossbones yeah I know he died early in this movie but who cares?

Also in the chat about her there was a phrase basically saying "why skip 4* straight to 5*? Why not also a 4*?!?! " Why are we even getting a 5* of her? I mean she is a cool character but I don't think she is a 5* tier character.

commandpointsbig.pngpost contains spoilers for the movie. please remember, not everyone has seen it yet.
    thank you
    commandpointsbig.png

Edit: To the mods oops sorry forgot about spoilers my apologies
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Black room? When I look at the rewards preview in game is says red room. Same thing?

Yes. Same thing. Thanks. I changed it to "Red Room." Apparently the name changed in the last 24 hours. icon_e_wink.gif

Her storyline HAS ALWAYS been "The Red Room".......
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the love of Mike, PLEASE tone down the scaling this time!
    I hope you guys linked scaling to progress instead of time elapsed. Why things are harder on day 4 compared to day 1 regardless of which round you're on I do not know...
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, so on Monday we all get hundreds of thousands of ISO. Now CW, (a really awesome Boss Battle event), is being run again.

If you tell me the "Mystery Boost" thing is a permanent replacement for Critical Boosts, I might have take you all to Disneyland. icon_lol.gificon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

Seriously though, over the past few months, Demiurge has been working hard to improve MPQ. I personally think they have been doing an awesome job and would like to say thank you. Keep it up Demi.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Mystery Boosts
      o
    Starting will the Civil War event, all Critical Boost mission rewards will be replaced with Mystery Boosts.
    o When you receive a Mystery Boost, you have a chance to earn a random boost.
       Basic boosts (+1 AP in two colors, +20% Damage in two colors, Crit boosts) drop at around 10% each.  Premium boosts (+1 All AP, +20% All Damage) drop at around 2.5% each.

To the people asking, I don't see how the bolded doesn't mean for all events going forward.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I love that CW is being run again.

The rate at which 5*s are being released is insane though. It'd be fine if we had a means by which to secure 5* covers. However, with LUCK being the only factor in obtaining a cover for the 5* tier, the rate of their release is mind-numbing.

Lastly, and the reason behind me making this post, did anyone else notice that both 5* IM and Cap were listed under the "weekly" boosts? Please, for the love of what remaining sanity we all have, please don't start buffing 5*s. They're already OP and don't need any more help. I say this as someone who has both SS and OML championed. It would effect me too, but I'd prefer to never see them buffed.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Also, David, the FAQ needs to be amended. It still states that the LTs offer odds of obtaining IM46 and 5* Cap.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    zonatahunt wrote:
    Lastly, and the reason behind me making this post, did anyone else notice that both 5* IM and Cap were listed under the "weekly" boosts? Please, for the love of what remaining sanity we all have, please don't start buffing 5*s. They're already OP and don't need any more help. I say this as someone who has both SS and OML championed. It would effect me too, but I'd prefer to never see them buffed.

If you check the September thread, those aren't the actual weekly boost (as far as the 1,2,3, and 4 stars are concerned). I'm fairly sure that it only means the Team Cap/Team IM members that are boosted specifically for this event.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Mystery Boosts
      o
    Starting will the Civil War event, all Critical Boost mission rewards will be replaced with Mystery Boosts.
    o When you receive a Mystery Boost, you have a chance to earn a random boost.
       Basic boosts (+1 AP in two colors, +20% Damage in two colors, Crit boosts) drop at around 10% each.  Premium boosts (+1 All AP, +20% All Damage) drop at around 2.5% each.

To the people asking, I don't see how the bolded doesn't mean for all events going forward.

Yes, you are correct. It does read that way. But things have been misinterpreted before. I'd just like to know for sure, is it in every single event from now on? Or will it only appear in CW, starting with this one? To me, it can be read 2 ways due to what appears to be a typo.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Any news about scaling not going to God-mode day 2 again?

That's what I want to know. You get to the last day & the nodes can be harder to beat than the boss fight. That's some **** backwards planning.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 3/4/5 Quake is very much looking forward to Another green cover.
  • shusheshe
    shusheshe Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    MUST D3 always start these events midnight? (GMT +8)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    shusheshe wrote:
    MUST D3 always start these events midnight? (GMT +8)
    For me the event starts at 6PM, which is rather convenient. But then that last refresh happens at 2AM and the event ends at 6AM. I don't Think I have ever played that refresh. I guess those times are at 8AM and noon for you, which is a lot more workable.
    Bottom line, it's very hard to find an event Schedule that fits everyone all around the globe. Though I would be very happy if they just let the event run a full four Days instead of 3½, so the four hour refresh would be eight hours and would be followed by Another eight hour refresh Before the event ends...
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Oh, all these details are so nice. I saw the event yesterday and for the first time my alliance decided unanimously which team to enter (first). Gotta be a fun weekend.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are sub nodes still scaled as a function of time rather than a function of progressing levels in the event?
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe it's just an error in nomenclature, but I noticed that the boosts to 5* Cap and 5* IM are labled "weekly". Is this a new thing that now there are going to be weekly 5* boosts? Or just a flavor boost for Civil War since they are being pitted against each other?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    my interpretation (fwiw) is the "weekly boost" labels in the event description in the OP tell you the level of boost they get the different level of boosts being 'featured' and 'weekly'. the real weekly boost from David's sneak peek thread will apply basically to only pvp events while CW is going (rulk says gee thanks).