Lord of Thunder PvP Event - 3/17/14

189101113

Comments

  • Just got my rewards. I had started the tourney about 12 hours before it ended so if I'm right about start time affecting when you get rewards everyone that started earlier than that should have theirs now.
  • Just recieved mine, for the placement I was expecting.
  • I'm thinking Thor/Psylocke/The Hood since Magneto is pretty weak on defense and it's hard to count on having a large amount of blue tiles sitting around due to blue being the most broken color right now.

    The hard part with forming a team with Thor is that you can't have someone with a cheaper green/yellow, which rules out a lot of choices on the green.
  • locked wrote:
    please don't quit, I find your ever cynical approach endlessly inspiring (no, seriously).

    0_0

    OMG!!!!! I HAVE A FAN!!!!!!!!
  • ClintmanClintman Posts: 800 Critical Contributor
    Now to decide if I REALLY want to level Psylocke or not.
  • HailMaryHailMary Posts: 2,179
    Got my prizes. Had serious server issues for the last 15 minutes, as did apparently everyone else.
    wathombe wrote:
    Stil waiting on prizes, but I was comfortably shielded in second, so I should be fine. (A DeadlyVenom climbed past me in the night, and I didn't have time to unshield and retake first this morning, what with getting my kid ready for school.)
    I think you ended up 4th: http://i.imgur.com/9AtW4ja.jpg icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    HailMary wrote:
    Got my prizes. Had serious server issues for the last 15 minutes, as did apparently everyone else.
    wathombe wrote:
    Stil waiting on prizes, but I was comfortably shielded in second, so I should be fine. (A DeadlyVenom climbed past me in the night, and I didn't have time to unshield and retake first this morning, what with getting my kid ready for school.)
    I think you ended up 4th: http://i.imgur.com/9AtW4ja.jpg icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif

    Tough bracket. I had fewer points than wathombe and still got 1st.
  • HailMaryHailMary Posts: 2,179
    Nemek wrote:
    Tough bracket. I had fewer points than wathombe and still got 1st.
    Heh, my alliance had a guy in your bracket. His prelim PvP update: "I've got Nemek sitting at the top of my bracket. I'm not getting first. I'll settle for 2nd" icon_lol.gif
  • KaioShinDEKaioShinDE Age Unconfirmed Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Clint wrote:
    Now to decide if I REALLY want to level Psylocke or not.

    Look at her ****?

    I'd totally play an all girls team if it was viable.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    Now to decide if I REALLY want to level Psylocke or not.

    Look at her ****?

    I'd totally play an all girls team if it was viable.

    Psylocke / OBW / Invisible Woman, completely obscene, just lacks a good yellow. I've been thinking about it for a long while, GSBW doesn't work because she'd be stealing green from IW, but you could use her purple as well to simply pump up either a BEWM HEADSHOT or another Crush.
  • Ugh, I should have stopped when I was near 800. Got retaliated and lost almost 100 points, had to shield up. Still got top 25 though. =D
  • Nemek wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    Got my prizes. Had serious server issues for the last 15 minutes, as did apparently everyone else.
    wathombe wrote:
    Stil waiting on prizes, but I was comfortably shielded in second, so I should be fine. (A DeadlyVenom climbed past me in the night, and I didn't have time to unshield and retake first this morning, what with getting my kid ready for school.)
    I think you ended up 4th: http://i.imgur.com/9AtW4ja.jpg icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif

    Tough bracket. I had fewer points than wathombe and still got 1st.

    Indeed. Didn't get tough until 8 hours out last night. A lot of action happened this morning when I was on my commute. I did get top 5, so probably 4th, and I'm happy with that. I totally would have gunned for 1st had it not been such a busy morning. I'm usually on the train for the last hour of PvP tourneys that finish on Wednesday. Microtom is lucky I wasn't on the train today! icon_twisted.gif
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    Now to decide if I REALLY want to level Psylocke or not.

    Look at her ****?

    I'd totally play an all girls team if it was viable.

    Psylocke / OBW / Invisible Woman, completely obscene, just lacks a good yellow. I've been thinking about it for a long while, GSBW doesn't work because she'd be stealing green from IW, but you could use her purple as well to simply pump up either a BEWM HEADSHOT or another Crush.
    Hm, that's something I've thought about, need to start winning some IW covers. icon_razz.gif
  • eidehuaeidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    HailMary wrote:
    Got my prizes. Had serious server issues for the last 15 minutes, as did apparently everyone else.
    wathombe wrote:
    Stil waiting on prizes, but I was comfortably shielded in second, so I should be fine. (A DeadlyVenom climbed past me in the night, and I didn't have time to unshield and retake first this morning, what with getting my kid ready for school.)
    I think you ended up 4th: http://i.imgur.com/9AtW4ja.jpg icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif

    Lots of forum members in this bracket... gotta change when I enter. icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMaryHailMary Posts: 2,179
    eidehua wrote:
    Lots of forum members in this bracket... gotta change when I enter. icon_e_smile.gif
    The entry timing optimization problem is pretty interesting. I wonder what the timing distribution of active forumites looks like. Probably a lot right at the opening, a good chunk 3 hours before close, but between the two extremes is an unknown.
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    mechgouki wrote:
    Well I do have some good news for you guys.

    I'm about to ragequit soon. Any time now......
    You should try it, It is pretty refreshing. Though it's kinda a pain in the **** to be behind the curve using the free characters for pvp and locked out of PvE missions
  • So was the 1200 taken after all?
  • People got to 1200. It was definitely within reach.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    Now to decide if I REALLY want to level Psylocke or not.

    Look at her ****?

    I'd totally play an all girls team if it was viable.

    Psylocke / OBW / Invisible Woman, completely obscene, just lacks a good yellow. I've been thinking about it for a long while, GSBW doesn't work because she'd be stealing green from IW, but you could use her purple as well to simply pump up either a BEWM HEADSHOT or another Crush.
    Hm, that's something I've thought about, need to start winning some IW covers. icon_razz.gif

    That combo would dominate in a No Man's Land event. Drop a defense tile using IW, then pop strike/attack tiles with Psylocke and lazily match your way to a win. Use OBW or GSBW to get green for Crush for a finisher or additional AP gain.
  • That combo would dominate in a No Man's Land event. Drop a defense tile using IW, then pop strike/attack tiles with Psylocke and lazily match your way to a win. Use OBW or GSBW to get green for Crush for a finisher or additional AP gain.

    Loki should be allowed in NML as he could sneak in. And take all your specials for good. icon_e_smile.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.