Lord of Thunder PvP Event - 3/17/14

Options

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope we get free covers out of this. Save their cs some stress.
    Hope @IceX takes notice of this suggestion
  • Just got it.... Top 100?!?!?! son of a $#@#@ I was in top 40 this morning, set a reminder to log back in with 30 min and couldn't get in... that's some foul ish right there....
  • If the devs are reading this forum - look guys, I'll defend you on most things but doing a patch at the last few minutes of a tourney is bad and you should feel bad. No excuses, you're on notice.
  • I hope we get free covers out of this. Save their cs some stress.

That'll be the day pigs fly.
  • That was a really, really , REALLY bad time for them to patch their servers (let alone break the game).

Couldn't they have waited 10 more minutes?
  • Ohhh. Servers went down cos they sent out newsletters! Awesome
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Well, due to the games Facebook outage. I was unable to secure a top 10 spot. Now I am able to get back in after 7 mins past the end time. I tried for almost 30 mins to get in to do a final push. I already emailed them about this. So tinykitty mad. icon_evil.gif
  • FFS, not only did I not get top 5, I apparently got knocked out of the top 10 altogether.
  • Okay good the connection wasn't just me. Still managed a top ten finish! Quite happy, though I wanted top five.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I hope we get free covers out of this. Save their cs some stress.

hahahahah .. come on now.

I honestly can't recall a single time they have mass-gifted anything in an apology for outages or errors on their part. One of the few F2P games I have ever played that didn't.

I would love to be proven wrong this time.
  • I hope we get free covers out of this. Save their cs some stress.

I approve of this suggestion

lol
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well... got first place in the last 5 minutes out of the ensuing chaos. Il Palazzo and I were both shielded, him at 1004, me at 1000. Ended up breaking shields at the last minute to surpass him, didn't see him breaking shield so either he wasnt there or it was a server error.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    I wonder if the Google+ users got booted too?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now waiting on prizes to see how badly everything broke.

Fortunately I have been shielded in third for the last 3 hours so I should be safe.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Yay, held onto top 5!
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    kH5kI4N.png
    omnomnom

also they fixed the 2500 ISO reward for first place finally
  • Still on prizes here. Was top 5 with only a 15 point cushion.
  • Guys, guys, guys... It's not their fault, it's all of our faults. If we only paid for HP to shield up and secure our spots, we all would have been protected! *sarcasm
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow, game was misreporting my score, thought for sure i had 5th place. When the servers finally came back i was magically 30 points lower and in 6th. Guess it didn't count my previous win. Sigh....well played D3. icon_cry.gif
  • Appalling, not a happy bunny