Pandas of DOOM - Alliance Chat

Options

Comments

• congrats guys! top 100 in 2/3 isn't too bad considering. a bunch of us ending up with 7 or 8 covers in one night - thanks all! and i appreciate that people with **** bad guys rosters put in the effort to get 100-200 points. it adds up and it helped us finish at #62 (i think).

now time to see what's next and hopefully grab some thor covers.

edit: and by thor i mean more cap covers... because 9 wasn't enough... really?
  • MattR42
    MattR42 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    congrats guys! top 100 in 2/3 isn't too bad considering. a bunch of us ending up with 7 or 8 covers in one night - thanks all! and i appreciate that people with **** bad guys rosters put in the effort to get 100-200 points. it adds up and it helped us finish at #62 (i think).

now time to see what's next and hopefully grab some thor covers.

edit: and by thor i mean more cap covers... because 9 wasn't enough... really?

I can use the extra Cap covers. None of my high level characters are available for the heroic mode, so I've been having major health pack issues.

The good news is I have a maxed Hulk, so I can focus entirely on round 2. I'll try to get a few hundred points in First Avenger for the alliance's benefit, though.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah Great job everyone top 100 in Deadly Heroic was impressive and unexpected =)

NO one clicked on my Sloth Video!?
  • Hi guys. Sorry I'm not really able to help in the heroic mode. My deadly node is 200+ and I just can't beat it with my lineups. I'll definitely push in the Cap tournament and will go hard on the next PVE and PVP event.
  • Hi guys. Sorry I'm not really able to help in the heroic mode. My deadly node is 200+ and I just can't beat it with my lineups. I'll definitely push in the Cap tournament and will go hard on the next PVE and PVP event.

get the guys you don't need killed as much as possible in the heroic (unless you're using them for normal) to try and lower mmr... if you are using them in normal, then get them killed, health pack and kill them again before sleeping or work or whatever 8 hour block you wont be playing if possible. I've only been able to take 20 levels off of the 40 i've gained from grinding, but it's something. I'm going to try and not fight for a day too... in hm juggs, everyone was level 230 in round 1, i waited a day and they all flipped to level 40s (and nick fury gave my 100hp for no reason to buy heroes), which was... odd.
  • The thing that sucks is I didn't even play the deadly heroic last time and barely played the regular heroic and there levels haven't changed at all. I tried dying in the deadly heroic last time too. No change =(
  • yeah, i don't know. mine were 90 and moved up to 120, i got them back down to 107, and i'm going to wait a day while continuing to kill off my guys and see if it matters. they changed the mmr system, cause ice said there were "brakes" so you couldn't just retreat into easy mode, so it's possible things are different now.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I played normal very scarcely, like one or two missions when I 'd get about 8000 behind the leader. After that the points on all the nodes would drop, so I wouldn't play with lower rubberbanding because the missions were already hit or miss depending on too many things out of my control like bad board or lucky AI, I was afraid of adding too much scaling on top of that.

In hard I was stuck on just five missions unlocked until the last 8 hours or so when I finally won the tasty treat node (both goons feeding purple) that was choking the progression to other easier nodes. With rubberbanding I jumped from 4k to over 20k (I think). And I had some lucky boards in a row there. All those wipeouts from previous days served some purpose in the end. icon_e_biggrin.gif

So if you can grind the nodes I'm guessing you can more or less reliably win when needed. It's probably enough then to do last two full refreshes and you'll have as many points with much less grinding. If not then it's pretty much play for most valuable/least difficult missions when you have the time and health packs.

Oh, and my normal bracket levels stayed the same as far as I can remember (some may be 5-10 levels higher, not sure). The hard I haven't played yet, just entered.
  • the missions you need to clear are the starting one (obviously) then the top line to unlock the bullseye/2 goons at the end of the upper line, and on the lower line, there are the two 3 goon fights. those 3 along with the 3 HT red missions are all you really need. don't bother with dakens and rags.

i've been running BP/HT/bagman most of the time. all of bagman's abilities counter CD tiles, but none are very good (compared to obw). you can run mstorm too, but no jungle/desert/obw and low health makes it dicey. hawkeye is actually pretty good, since he has stun/aoe/immunity to some damage. goons feeding venom purple is just evil vs this hero line up.
  • Hey all,

If you're having MMR problem, you may want to try the following.

Back-story: I've been exploiting spidey's 5 blue for some time now. If you play him well, it takes 5-10 turns and then you're opponent will not receive another.

ISO 8: My MMR for ISO 8 was absolutely ****. Most of my normal difficulty opponents were 228/230/230. Hard were across the board 230s. I'd never tanked before, but now was the time. So for ISO 8 I have my 'A' team of spidey, Punisher, +1 whoever that may be. I went through the rest of my roster and tanked, essentially losing as fast as possible (which is surprisingly easy against some 230 teams (Daken/Ares/?) which helped. But reading on the forums that tanking is primarily to do with your characters health, I started only tanking with my high health chars, IM40, Hulk, Cap. Also, and probably most importantly, you can heal with Spidey, but I would recommend never finishing a fight at full health. Even if it means taking a jungle -100 health on your last turn.

Also, I'm pretty sure the level of your characters is closely related to your opponent difficulty as for the Venom Heroic, my highest level playable char is Astonishing Wolverine @ 85.

My MMR has plummeted to the point where my highest opponents do not exceed 100 in the Venom heroics *(including hard mode).

I hope this helps those of you with MMRs that are making life difficult. Level some high health chars and tank em, then health pack em and do it again. Health packs will regenerate much faster than the chars will.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tayders wrote:
    Hey all,

If you're having MMR problem, you may want to try the following.

Back-story: I've been exploiting spidey's 5 blue for some time now. If you play him well, it takes 5-10 turns and then you're opponent will not receive another.

ISO 8: My MMR for ISO 8 was absolutely ****. Most of my normal difficulty opponents were 228/230/230. Hard were across the board 230s. I'd never tanked before, but now was the time. So for ISO 8 I have my 'A' team of spidey, Punisher, +1 whoever that may be. I went through the rest of my roster and tanked, essentially losing as fast as possible (which is surprisingly easy against some 230 teams (Daken/Ares/?) which helped. But reading on the forums that tanking is primarily to do with your characters health, I started only tanking with my high health chars, IM40, Hulk, Cap. Also, and probably most importantly, you can heal with Spidey, but I would recommend never finishing a fight at full health. Even if it means taking a jungle -100 health on your last turn.

Also, I'm pretty sure the level of your characters is closely related to your opponent difficulty as for the Venom Heroic, my highest level playable char is Astonishing Wolverine @ 85.

My MMR has plummeted to the point where my highest opponents do not exceed 100 in the Venom heroics *(including hard mode).

I hope this helps those of you with MMRs that are making life difficult. Level some high health chars and tank em, then health pack em and do it again. Health packs will regenerate much faster than the chars will.

Thanks tayder so just for clarification you tank them in prolog? because you can't use hulk and IM40 in the current heroics and i thought MMR for PvP and PvE is different.
  • i've gotten my whole roster killed in prologue and it didn't seem to affect my pve scaling at all... either i was at the low end of community scaling at the time, or it doesn't work. i tried it with round 1 venom.

tanking in venom seems to work, but you only seem to be able to go down one band (maybe 1 band per day?).
  • I've done some tanking in prologue with minimal effects. Also, the effects seem minimal to the event you are currently on.

As an example, I did a ton of tanking in ISO-8 and didn't notice much beyond the increase in levels appeared to slow with wins. That being said, the next event became supremely easier in comparison. And I did not do terribly in the ISO-8 event, I got all covers.

I think it needs to be approached as a long term opportunistic strategy. Tank with your high health chars when you are able to and reap the benefits in the next event.

I'm testing it with PVP now, i'll let you know what I find.
  • i know tanking in shield helps in pvp. if i down my roster once or twice, i go from straight 141s to 85/115s. you have to clear out your queue after tanking tough (skip 6 or so times) to see the new mmr matches.

i haven't tanked hard since before venom started though, but i don't think the pvp part changed.

also, no more 25 HP from iso tokens. I opened 87 and got none (should have gotten 2-3). I assume when they moved the 25 iso into the daily rewards they took them back out of the tokens.
  • looking for 2 more active players, feel free to apply in game or post, thanks!
  • Hi Everyone, i'm looking for an alliance and i saw you still have one spot available.

I've been playing more or less since the beginning (167 days of daily reward) and i would consider myself an active player (a bity more more than casual); i play more pve and usually classify in the top 50 or top 100 of my bracket.

I do some pvp but dont' always have time for that.

I'm 38 and married and obviously working so i don't have a lot of time but thanks to rubberbanding i still manage to aim for prizes; i do play some everyday, since the game came out i didn't take many days off completely.

I have a 141 punisher, a 141 GSBW a 121 Iron Man 40, a 102 Dr. Doom and several other characters below that level (i have all the 3 star chars in the roster).

If you think i fit the profile let me know and i would be glad to join your alliance; my name in game is deda75

Cheers,

andrea
  • I am looking to join an alliance.

I am an active player with mostly 3 star characters. A number are in 102 to 131 range including punisher, hulk, iron man, Gs bw, hood. Have spider with 5 blue.
  • Hey all, fairly new player here (about a month) but very serious and a fast up-and-comer. I've been focusing on maxing out Patch and CMags (both around 100 atm) and have a max OBW, with lvl50 hulk and black panther/punisher my next projects. Even with semi-new roster I've done well in events: #1 in my bracket in the recent Capt America and top 50 in the deady venom events. I'm reading the forums to get better and am always open to advice/criticism. At the same time I enjoy chatting casually; games and alliances are meant to be fun. I'll message you guys in game too, my IGN is same as here; Veers. Thanks for your consideration!
  • hey all, we're closed again at 19/19 for the time being, thanks to all that applied, sorry we couldn't take everyone, but we appreciate it!

welcome deda and levi!

and congrats on top 50 hard mode! it's silly that they were handing out cap covers again, but i'm glad we could help some people that needed them. also good job on the cap pvp. the extra players should hopefully push us from borderline top 50 to consistent top 50.... hopefully icon_e_wink.gif

The_Raging_Pandas.jpg
  • Ok guys I need a hand, I accidently uninstalled the app on my phone and I cant find a way to go back to my original The Ron13!! Any suggestions?