New Mission Difficulty For All Story Events *Updated

Options

Comments

• rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm not a fan of this change - especially since it was never tested when the rewards "count" - like with a new release. But why is anyone complaining about grinding down the trivial nodes that are worth 1 point? Can't people do that now if they wanted to? That's not new....

The critical boost staying in the rewards....putting them last just means that those who are only going for progression will never need to grind those nodes fully - so that's good....but why have them in there anyway?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ...In favour of change - a large portion of low level and casual players...
    Yeah, sorry... most of us dont have 5+ hours per day to sit in game and drain nodes to 0.
    If you like draining nodes for no rewards just to get in top 10 (i never reached top 10 despite of draining all nodes with most efficiency - its not simply enough, especially when new 4* is released or 2-day sub event is present), so be it... but dont take casual player as some garbage who spoils your fun by liking features you dont like...
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    By moving optimal clears into one big chunk like that, at least it takes away any pretense that the health regen boost from vip will have any kind of use or purpose in the game at all. Makes the decision not to support the idiots designing this game with actual money even easier.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    veny wrote:
    Yeah, sorry... most of us dont have 5+ hours per day to sit in game and drain nodes to 0.
    If you like draining nodes for no rewards just to get in top 10 (i never reached top 10 despite of draining all nodes with most efficiency - its not simply enough, especially when new 4* is released or 2-day sub event is present), so be it... but dont take casual player as some garbage who spoils your fun by liking features you dont like...

This new formula makes it even worse for reaching top10/50/100. Why do you think this is good? It's gonna require even more clears and theyre gonna scale higher.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll say it again, this new system doesnt help anyone. Top progression is already easily reachable with sub-optimal clears (no you don't have to play every 8 hours on the dot at all).

Placement is gonna be hellish now.

Who is this for again? This doesnt solve the fixed schedule problem and it makes everything harder for the same rewards.

If you want to make people quit your game, this is how you do it.

I totally agree with the sentiment that this is probably very popular with people with lower rosters while veterans will not enjoy this at all. Is that the goal? PVE is for new players?

I don't understand...
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    To achieve this goal we set out to accomplish 4 things:
    reduce the negative impact of having 5-Stars characters with a few covers
    reduce playing the game around a schedule,
    reduce how long battles take
    and improve high level players' ability to perform well in events.

If you have timers and placement rewards, the above bolded can never, ever be true.

Optimal play and thus performing well in events will now require doing all of your clears at a set time (dictated by the slice chosen), 5 before, 4 after.

So 9 clears consecutively. That's at best 3 hours straight, at a specific time. At worst it's longer than that.

This fact has been screamed from the rooftops during every test, but continues to be ignored.

Whoever your data analyst is, fire him.

it's a shame i had to come to page two to see this. i wish i could give a hundred upvotes.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    veny wrote:

This new formula makes it even worse for reaching top10/50/100. Why do you think this is good? It's gonna require even more clears and theyre gonna scale higher.

It might take slightly more clears for top ten but am not at all convinced it will really affect top 50 or top 100. Top 50 wasn't grinding nodes down to 1 in the old system anyway in fact to hit top 50 didn't even require check marks. I can't see the changes they made all of a sudden inducing people to hit it harder, particularly when they split the rewards into slots. I'm fairly certain 5 clears of every node will still get you top 50 and 4 clears plus a little extra will get you top 100. All of that is assuming that 4 clears gets max progression, if that isn't the case than it could be different but the same was true in the past in events that had higher progression mostly new releases.

The difference is now if you want to hit top 100 you don't have to check in every 8 hours to max points. Doesn't remove the timer element from the most competitive 1% of each bracket but mostly removes it for everyone else.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My last note on this:

When you run a new release under this system, please immediately review your data from the tests and compare it to the new release PvE, and see if you still feel your goals are being met.

I'm taking the under.

it might not be THAT much of a difference when people who actually know how pve is played (not the devs obviously) will just give up due to the idiotic amount of time that is needed to make top 10/top 2 in this horrible system.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    But why is anyone complaining about grinding down the trivial nodes that are worth 1 point? Can't people do that now if they wanted to?
    They could, but I think with an 8hr timer, you're better off letting the points regenerate.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    veny wrote:

Think you may have misread my post. I said I finished t10 but I also said that I never did 7 clears of all nodes (with the exception of that horrible Sprint to finish pve)

Essentially what I'm saying is that people are panicking about mad grinds for t10 And I'm saying you don't need to do that.

I played very casually hitting nodes when i felt like it and did 5 clears in each sub and got t10 each time. Some point to the fact that new releases weren't test led and that they'll be mad crazy now...well....they're ALWAYS mad crazy even when the character is awful people go stupid trying to win it.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just one thing: Devs, could you please just write 1-2 sentences about why you want to keep placement rewards in PVE. I'd just like to understand the reasoning why this huge demand from most people on the forum is never addressed.

It's your game, I see, but I really want to understand why you hold on to it that much.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    it's a shame i had to come to page two to see this. i wish i could give a hundred upvotes.

I would've chimed in sooner, but I went against the Devs typical wishes and tried to do something besides MPQ.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4 pages and no dev or mod comment? D3, you're dropping the ball on communication.

1 Question: Why not progression only rewards for story mode?
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I wonder if having the mission rewards on a fixed table will have any effect on facebook gift sharing.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ...reduce the negative impact of having 5-Stars characters with a few covers..

please quantify your definition of "few covers". thanks
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like that at least you know you'll get the cp after 4 clears. It always seemed pretty lame when it took 7 clears. I'm glad they don't put the very best prize at the 7th clear. Although it's still a bit silly that they're continuing to include crit boosts, which are pretty much useless. Why not make them other boosts that people actually want?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,034 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thank you for doing this before i put anymore real cash into your game..

thanks for the almost 2 years but i think im done with pve
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    A for effort, but you have missed the biggest complaints about the system and all the tests.

No one wants to play MPQ on a schedule, NO ONE. It is a game, not a job. Not addressing that is a fail. The rewards fixed in order is a tiny silver lining in what is otherwise a really sad revision to a very bad system.

Crit boosts still being there is just a joke. How hard can it be to replace them with 70 iso?
    Lord, I am asking for 70 iso - feels so dirty - like a panhandler.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,034 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    are progression rewards going away...

i mean we get 5 CP pts a day up for 2...
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Updated the OP with additional info on enemy scaling and an image.