TheOnlyHeroes Recruiting

Options

Comments

• Tikron, any idea how high is the def tile placed by the blue countdown of lazycap? apparently this is another improvement on the character where the blue not only stuns and returns ap but also produces a defense tile.

The updated blue skill actually renders his yellow inefficient.
  • Thanks for the PM arkon i got it but I'm not sure ill be able to follow it. I work the first half of the day and unfortunately cant play, pretty much the reason I'm less of a contender on those simulators than i am normal tournaments. Just a heads up to everyone for the current tournament I'm gonna go real heavy tonight and hopefully be able to shield at 800 to try to secure first but tomorrow i wont be able to get on before it ends. So were going to start off strong but going to need people to pick up the slack tomorrow.
  • Clubberlangx, if you aren't able to play on the first half then I'm assuming you are playing only on one half of the day which is evening I believe. So what is your playstyle right now?

I'm actually curious as to what will happen with my strategy if you grind after every other cycle instead of every cycle. Will there be enough rubberbanding to still bring you to the first rank? or will there be points that you will just never make up? I'm actually hoping its the first case but I am too afraid to try it since I am aiming for the top rewards always to make my life easier in the next event.

So in case you only play every evening, that means you are skipping one cycle. Is it possible for you to try out if my strategy(applying full stack refreshes, final push as close to the end time as possible etc) will still work if you skip cycles? if it turns out that there is still enough rubberbanding, then it will be even easier than my current strategy where you have to at least grind every cycle.

Its risky to try so only if you are willing since it probably matches your playstyle you can test the theory.
  • yeah i do play the evenings only. Im new to the forums and never really understood much of how it worked but learned of rubberbanding recently. As it stands right now when i get home from work i do all of the ones that i can do but i get stuck with all the really high level enemies at level 230 or so so most of the time I cant even do most of them. It would be hard for me to incorporate your strategy but i'm going to try.
  • I normally fight my way up up 600-800 in pvp 1 day before the event finishes (and shield myself for 300 points), that leaves me with one 200 point push to 800. Sometimes it's difficult to score high in the last 12h because every one starts fighting for a higher rank by than. If you're unlucky you win 3 fights and loose one or two in the process, making it hard to gain more points.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just hit #1 overall in my human torch bracket with a score of 7518. This tournaments a blast for me with some of my favorite characters buffed up! Looking forward to getting my favorite member of the fantastic four and hopefully those three star cap covers as a progression reward! Patch is a beast buffed up I never get sick of his attack animations....
  • @Jonny: What's your strategy. I'm still waiting for the points to fill up completely, but I never know once the nodes are closing and get completely reset. Don't want to play with fire - as I'm waiting for 9h now.

I shielded myself until the end with 615 points on (Fearless Defenders). If we are close to the next reward I'll push further up.

@Arkon: Here are the stats for Steve Rogers (Lazy Cap)

19 Yellow AP
    Captain America courageously rushes to protect the team's flank. Transforms 3 basic chosen tiles into yellow protect tiles, each with a strength of 24.

Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Increases Protect strength to 31.
    Level 3: Increases Protect Strength to 38.
    Level 4: Increases Protect Strength to 47.
    Level 5: Transform 4 tiles.

Max Level: 289 strength per Protect tile.
    Star-Spangled AvengerEdit

11 Red AP
    The Captain hurls his trusty shield into battle. Hits the target for 95 damage and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Red AP.

Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Deals 209 damage. Returns 9 Red AP.
    Level 3: Deals 323 damage. Can target Strike, Protect, Attack, and Web tiles.
    Level 4: Deals 437 damage. Returns 10 Red AP.
    Level 5: Deals 551 damage. Can target any tile.

Max Level: 3439 damage.

12 Blue AP
    Captain America gallantly launches his shield at the enemy. Stuns the target for 2 turns and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Blue AP.

Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Converts to a strength 17 Protect tile when activated. Returns 9 Blue AP.
    Level 3: Can target strike. protect, attack, and web tiles. Protect strength increased to 27.
    Level 4: Returns 10 Blue AP. Protect strength increased to 37.
    Level 5: Can target any tile. Protect strength increased to 48.

Max Level: 291 strength Protect tile.

Stats on Level 141
    Health 7250
    Yellow dmg.: 67
    Red dmg.60
    Blue dmg.52
    Purple dmg.10
    Green dmg.11
    Black dmg.12
    Critical dmg. x3
    Environment 3
  • Thanks Tikron, apparently i find cap 2* a so-so character. just really lack dmg. but apparently for lazycap they just placed too much dmg.

guess lazycap will be a good cover to build on unless he gets the nerfbat.

I have no idea how this event runs. the only thing i know is that new missions will appear and old ones disappear after a day(24hrs???). So i did one run in the morning at 7am but i might do the 2nd run on 10:30pm just before the nodes will supposedly change. although i'm still assuming refresh is 12hrs. hope I don't mess up big time while testing the waters.

anyone who were present the first time this event was ran have any information to share?
  • still recruiting?

yoavsh is my game name - solid finishes in 2-50 spots. play daily (67 day streak...)
  • Jonny1Punch
    Options
    Well I wish I had a highly tactical strategy to PM you guys..... But I was present for the first event of this kind and if I remember correctly it's kind of a free-for-all. No set times events begin or end and no rhyme or reason when the nodes reset or change points. I've grinded most down to 1 point but they seem to fluctuate a lot. One battle was worth 84 so I set it up and had to take a call quick and when I came back it was like 30. So I just check the events as frequently as possibly and compulsively play the highest score nodes. If I can figure out a solid tactic you will be the first to know its a very odd setup.
  • Next patch updates we can chat in game and check each other's scores.

sadly i realized some underperformers are actually commanders so this might be difficult to stomach.
    (indicator - they only have alliance blue lazycap so they did not even reach rank 200)
  • Thanks for letting us know. I'm really glad the alliance chat is finally coming, but all we can do is wait to see what we can do with commanders who aren't really playing.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Options
    Can't wait for those alliance upgrades...... Until then lets not promote anyone else to commander. I'm pretty positive I know who our major underperformers and alliance reward leechers are. Overall I'm very proud of our team and especially the ppl who communicate with us through messages and forums with updates etc.
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    I noticed we are doing well in the Wolverine tournament. Must be a lot of maxxed slashers on our team. My 102 Patch will carry me pretty high when backed up by 141 Punisher and SM but not to a top 10 probably. We aren't even cracking 50 in the PVE. I have found just playing whatever the highest scored match is until they are all ground down to under 100 will put me in the top 10. The changeover happens at noon for me so cranking through once at lunch, once after dinner and once at breakfast seems to keep me near the top. Hopefully match points will go up or those progression rewards will be completely out of reach. Despite what others have said I think consistency is key. Don't try to just crank on the last day and hope the rubber banding will pull you up to the top. I remember the first time they brought this out (and I think Moonstone was the reward) and I did it all wrong and just got the consolation prizes.
  • I park my char on 700 points now. I try to stay first to get the yellow wolverine cover. Place 7 is great. I hope we can stay Top 10. I fight with Spinder-Man, Wolverine and Magneto in both events.

I suggest to play the iso8 event 3x a day and make sure the points fill up nicely before farming them back down to 240 ish.

The event gets new nods every 24th same time (17h on GMT+0) make sure you finish farming a few mins before the event stopps to get the highest rank possible.

Keep it up and don't forget to shield yourself icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm going to join at my most optimal time, I really want those Cap covers. And hopefully the new alliance chat can change us for the better so that we can place higher.
  • For those aiming for Human Torch covers, apparently there is no optimum strategy, however you are certainly required to play on the few hours before it ends. With the current setup if you won't be able to play just before the event ends your ranking will be easily taken down by rubberbanding no matter how high you get.

In this event my rank fluctuates from going from rank 1 to 150 when i wake up and get back up to top 5 just before I sleep unlike the simulator when when i wake up i just fell to rank 15 or so. So just a heads up the last hour is the most important. play however you like in between but do not grind too much or you'll be hit bad by scaling towards the end. Its still best to maximize rubberbanding. good luck to all!

Haven't started Best There Is. i'll start later afternoon.
  • I noticed that too, so I guess it isn't the same as the 3* Cap tournament. Hopefully I'll be able to get into the top 10 once the event is over, but if not, I'll most likely get in the top 50 (if my bad luck doesn't kick in and grants the enemy endless cascades.)
  • recap:

Unstable ISO-8 20643 (next run in 3h)
    The Best There Is: 786 (next run in 2.5h)

I have an ISO-8 overflow now... I actually don't know where to spent it next. I thought about maxing my Punisher, but I use Wolverine. I thought about Black Widow, but I never play her with Magneto being the better blue supporter and my Magneto does not need to be level 85, as he never gets hit.

I might just save it and spent it on event covers... what would you do?

Tikron