**** Peggy Carter (Captain America) ****

Options

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Nabistay wrote:
    When will Peggy be added to the legendary tokens? I plan on opening my (small) hoard then
    Most likely at the start of season XXX, so in around 3 weeks.
    I hope so! Ì´m even scared that she`ll be another anniversary-character like Devil Dino or Howard the Duck and I`m stuck with another (rather useless) 1/0/3-character.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally got my Peggy champed, and i could respec her any way i want.

I was using her as 5/2/5 for the longest of time, and i really like her blue. Works well with oml strike tiles.

Her red also packs a good punch for 9ap.

So the question is, what should be her best build?

I will definitely keep 5 blue, so its the matter between 3 red, 4 red or 5 red.

3 red, 5 yellow - best ap denial. Works very well in all circumstances, but red drops by a fair bit.
    5 red, 3 yellow - ap denial isn't that great, but you have a great red outlet.
    4 red, 4 yellow - best of both world? I'm not sure.

Comments anyone?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    Finally got my Peggy champed, and i could respec her any way i want.

I was using her as 5/2/5 for the longest of time, and i really like her blue. Works well with oml strike tiles.

Her red also packs a good punch for 9ap.

So the question is, what should be her best build?

I will definitely keep 5 blue, so its the matter between 3 red, 4 red or 5 red.

3 red, 5 yellow - best ap denial. Works very well in all circumstances, but red drops by a fair bit.
    5 red, 3 yellow - ap denial isn't that great, but you have a great red outlet.
    4 red, 4 yellow - best of both world? I'm not sure.

Comments anyone?
    5/3/5.
    Her red does 15K damage when boosted.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you're playing against a faster team it makes sense to get yellow up higher. If you're going against a passive-based team or a team with big casts that only need to go of once, go for Red. She's champed so you can change at will.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks guys for the inputs! I end up using her as 535. Her red is really Good and I can live with less ap denial.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I mean in fairness 3 AP is still enough to completely deny some goon nodes (which the first wing of unstable is chock full of) and for only 8 AP she packs a huge punch.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess it depends who you play her with but most of the time I use the 3/5/5 build because I prefer to use PH red over Peggy's and the difference from 3 to 5 yellow is much bigger than what it looks like. 4 AP against characters specially forces to do an extra two matches to fire any power, at 3 it is just one extra match. Considering than the AI usually matches all its colors (it usually doesn't match just one color, it spreads out its matches over their strongest colors) this might be the difference between the AI not firing ANY POWER AT ALL against you, which as you can imagine, it is something big.

I use Peggy in Shield all the time with OML+PH and the other team usually doesn't fire any power at all when she is 3/5/5
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not as amazing as Polares, but I use her with IM40 and IceMan personally in PvE as a 5/3/5.

Collect 5 blue, hit a recharge, win the match flat out from there because Do what Peggy says and a 4 turn stun work wonders on every single team in existence just about.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How does Peggy's yellow work against Rulk's green? I pretty much never fire his green before I hit the 18ap bonus dmg requirement. If Peggy just raises the base cost of the power from 9ap to 12ap, then it's really not affecting me. Or does the bonus dmg requirement raise to 22ap as well?
  • Tattmozer
    Options
    Love the character and her design, but isn't Peggy British? I guess America is a nation of immigrants...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why does Peggy wear a tie?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because she wore a tie in the MCU and they wanted her Captain America costume to be at least partly based on her SSR look.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She's my only champed 4* and I'm loving her so far. If I climb a pvp with her at 5/3/5 then respec to 3/5/5 before putting the game down unshielded, what do opponents see when they queue me up?
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    vinsensual wrote:
    She's my only champed 4* and I'm loving her so far. If I climb a pvp with her at 5/3/5 then respec to 3/5/5 before putting the game down unshielded, what do opponents see when they queue me up?
    The last team you won a match with - so if you didn't fight after respec, other people will still see 5/3/5 Peggy.
  • EternalOcean
    Options
    I shouldve done this earlier, but I have a Peggy Carter Capt., Proffesor X, and Black Bolt, i only have about 10 hrs to recruit them, should i use money to buy slots for each one (i only have one slot open), or should i choose one, if so which one
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I shouldve done this earlier, but I have a Peggy Carter Capt., Proffesor X, and Black Bolt, i only have about 10 hrs to recruit them, should i use money to buy slots for each one (i only have one slot open), or should i choose one, if so which one

If you can spare the cash, it's always good to support the game. Those are all good characters. Is there anyone at a lower tier you might be willing to sell?

Edit: Sorry, didn't check the time stamp. Hope it worked out!
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Anyone know when she will be rotated in PVE rewards
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Andre MPQ wrote:
    She was awarded in Boss Rush in October I believe. Don't expect her any time soon.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Andre MPQ wrote:
    She was awarded in Boss Rush in October I believe. Don't expect her any time soon.

I only need 5 covers for her
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Andre MPQ wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Andre MPQ wrote:

I only need 5 covers for her

Starting saving 600 CP icon_lol.gif