**** Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) ****

14567810»

Comments

• Rick_OShayRick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Running Kate during her boosted week has been great. It certainly helps that St4r-Lord was also boosted, so that two of her powers cost a bit less. 
    Her purple makes some beefy strike tiles, so I like to save her other powers to fire off for when they are all out there (before her CD removes some of them). Her blue is normally quite expensive at 12, but SL reduces it to 10 which becomes a very powerful shot for the cost. Naturally her black is cheap and hits hard, but I've holding it for when I will be ending the match, before it can do the potential self harm. 

I'll be looking forward to running her with Mockingbird since all 3 of Kate's powers deal good damage with few drawbacks - especially if they are 'free'.
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was running her with Rogue and punching that annoying black self-harm countdown tile with Rogue's red.
    Yes that is a great way to avoid that self damage, earn 9+AP in one shot, and deal some decent damage all in one.

Plus, if the enemy has blue as a strongest color, siphon that, and then two simple blue matches now gains you the 12AP needed to use Ruthless Precision and usually down an enemy. 
  • BowgentleBowgentle Posts: 5,038 Chairperson of the Boards
    The self damage is a joke at 5 covers, just ignore it.

Boosted to level 415 my Kate does 22K on black, for 2630 self damage.
    She has 40K health.
    2630 adds up when you have to grind out 40 wins...  :(

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
  • BowgentleBowgentle Posts: 5,038 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

For 40 wins you run Gwen / Gambat.
    Bowgentle said:
    Dormammu said:

For 40 wins you run Gwen / Gambat.
    Run Spider-Gwen / Gambatt if you're boring and cheap.

Run Kate, 4SL, and a good yellow/green character if possible outside of the required character.
    Haha. Yep and I happen to have a 0/3/3 5* Gambit just by chance, and have run him with Kate plenty early on. Eventually it feels like an exploit and cheapens the game experience. We'll have an answer to Gambatt's soon enough I'm sure. 
    But this thread is about Kate, so some posts can be counterproductive to the discussion for oncoming readers.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 1,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed her last week and like using her with my also recently champed Mockingbird. When Opportunist fires it doesn't which of Kates abilities get used, the enemy is getting wrecked.

What's her best spec? 5 in Black is mandatory for that damage, but I'm not too sure about the others. Blue is a hefty nuke on a color that doesn't have too many of those, but those strikes on the Purple are excellent as well.
    Anon said:
    What's her best spec?
    Kate's one of those characters who doesn't have a bad build. She has a color combination that allows her to fit in on a variety of teams and add punch to your rainbow. When she's boosted she's an absolute terror. My default for her is 3/5/5 but only because her blue is spendy, but her blue also offers the most damage potential and I've set it to 5 depending on who she's with.