**** Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) ****

Options

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heh, Hard Nock Life. Not a bad name!

Would have preferred School of Hard Nocks, but this is fine.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Or Kateness?

Spell it "Kateniss," and I'm on board!
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The anti-healing CD doesn't stop Phoenix from resurrecting.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Truthfully I think I REALLY underestimated this character and her potential damage dumping, she's very standalone though, I can't think of anyone that meshes with her.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Truthfully I think I REALLY underestimated this character and her potential damage dumping, she's very standalone though, I can't think of anyone that meshes with her.

I had a fight in a black-rich board and loaner-Kate literally halved my level 352 Hulkbuster's 32k HP by spamming her black before I finished the fight. She's hella strong.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:

I had a fight in a black-rich board and loaner-Kate literally halved my level 352 Hulkbuster's 32k HP by spamming her black before I finished the fight. She's hella strong.

Don't know about her relative strength at max covers. But I was definitely impressed with the strength of her abilities at 1/1/1 in her PVP event. Her blue and black were doing something like 2k damage at level 145, even with just 1 cover. She was surprisingly strong. Has demiurge smoothed out power curve on these new abilities so they aren't quite so useless at just 1 cover? Or is powercreep just making the base damage values noticeably higher?

(note: this is all anecdotal. I haven't checked to compare her strength relative to draw, winter soldier, or WM in their initial PVP events either.)
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Don't know about her relative strength at max covers. But I was definitely impressed with the strength of her abilities at 1/1/1 in her PVP event. Her blue and black were doing something like 2k damage at level 145, even with just 1 cover. She was surprisingly strong. Has demiurge smoothed out power curve on these new abilities so they aren't quite so useless at just 1 cover? Or is powercreep just making the base damage values noticeably higher?

(note: this is all anecdotal. I haven't checked to compare her strength relative to draw, winter soldier, or WM in their initial PVP events either.)

It's not the scaling or anything, her abilities at even 1 cover do more damage than usual but (don't quote me on this) the damage at 5 covers seems relatively on par with the newer 4*'s that have been released, albeit with some utility attached to them (except black which hurts you).

Not sure why they gave her higher base damage, it's weird.

She seems pretty strong, but high AP costs and CD tiles... She will be tricky to use.
  • MarcusGraves
    Options
    I mean i'm not particularly wild about getting hit with 7470 damage at the relatively low cost of 8 AP and her purple is technically 9460 damage for 10 AP when you add up the two turns of strike tiles and getting hit by the CD tile when it pops if you can't kill it in time, it's enough to make me probably wanna skip depending on her partners.

Actually with this new release I'm kinda getting more PO'ed over the XFW green nerf from long ago and the fact they need to friggen undo it already, no excuse at this point. Yeah she takes some damage from it if you don't kill the CD tile but black is 8 AP for 7470 DAMAGE! that's waaaay above how much XFW's green used to do for the same cost of 8, come on already.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

It's not the scaling or anything, her abilities at even 1 cover do more damage than usual but (don't quote me on this) the damage at 5 covers seems relatively on par with the newer 4*'s that have been released, albeit with some utility attached to them (except black which hurts you).

She seems pretty strong, but high AP costs and CD tiles... She will be tricky to use.

How is 8 and 10 AP a high AP cost? Yeah purple has a CD, but even if it doesn't resolve it puts in the board 5 strength 181 Strike tiles, that is 905 in strike tiles, which is more than IMHB overdrive !!! Don't overestimate her strike tiles, they are really powerful in 4 land. Then Blue is expensive, but blue is still a color with not that many strong attack powers in 4 land (iceman and war-m basically). As I said I think a 3/5/5 is a really fast and strong build, and very straight forward, AI can't play her wrong.

She is VERY strong, her only problem is that she has been released when there are already 30 4s and she doesn't bring anything specially new (just the anti-healing), but make not mistake, I think anybody that decides to max her is going to enjoy a very strong char, and buffed she is going to be really good.

I see her also as a good teammate for 5 Cap, Kate's purple and then Cap's blue then purple countdown is going to be a powerful combo. Probably best Cap partner right now.

PS: In her PvP the AI fired blue a couple of times and I have to say that it was quite annoying against OML. I was almost always killing her second between 4hor (or the other 4) and OML, so she had time to gather the 12 AP. So I think this power is going to be much more annoying when used by the AI in Gauntlet type events when we have to fight a 370 Kate icon_razz.gif
  • MarcusGraves
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    How is 8 and 10 AP a high AP cost? Yeah purple has a CD, but even if it doesn't resolve it puts in the board 5 strength 181 Strike tiles, that is 905 in strike tiles, which is more than IMHB overdrive !!! Don't overestimate her strike tiles, they are really powerful in 4 land.

The more I look at her Purple the more stupidly powerful I realize it is, it's basically a win/win no matter what. Alright, I got a 905 boost for two turns then you eat a fat nuke. Aw you blew up my CD tile? well now I get to keep 5 strike tiles of 181 instead of just two at rank 5
    Polares wrote:
    As I said I think a 3/5/5 is a really fast and strong build, and very straight forward, AI can't play her wrong.

Jeez, yeah AI really can't screw her up considering it will fire purple before black when she has the AP for both thanks to the color ordering.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    How is 8 and 10 AP a high AP cost? Yeah purple has a CD, but even if it doesn't resolve it puts in the board 5 strength 181 Strike tiles, that is 905 in strike tiles, which is more than IMHB overdrive !!! Don't overestimate her strike tiles, they are really powerful in 4 land.

The more I look at her Purple the more stupidly powerful I realize it is, it's basically a win/win no matter what. Alright, I got a 905 boost for two turns then you eat a fat nuke. Aw you blew up my CD tile? well now I get to keep 5 strike tiles of 181 instead of just two at rank 5

We might even start a debate to see if it is better to match the countdown yourself or not icon_razz.gif

We need a new char that can fortify strike tiles.
    Polares wrote:
    As I said I think a 3/5/5 is a really fast and strong build, and very straight forward, AI can't play her wrong.

Jeez, yeah AI really can't screw her up considering it will fire purple before black when she has the AP for both thanks to the color ordering.

Well it would be nice to get the strike tiles when you fire black, but that is a small price to pay compared to AI firing 4hor red and then 4hor blue, etc, etc. icon_razz.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One oddity I noticed during her pvp: if she's stunned while her blue is out, the anti-healing effect is suspended.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Don't be fooled by her CDs. All of her powers have immediate effect upon casting. Black and blue both deal direct damage, and neither CD is particular signficant (you definitely want match away black ideally, but blue is just a cookie and doesn't really matter). And even if you don't get the damage fron her purple, it's still 900 in strike tiles. That's very strong. And at 8 and 10 ap, her purple and black covers are not prohibitively expensive.

She seems likely to be in the nova/xpool/thing/quake tier: very good, worth champ'ing as soon as possible, but just behind the top tier (no self acceleration, not especially fast, and only average defensive value).
  • eckorock
    eckorock Posts: 10
    Options
    Does anyone know if this character will be a junk / trophy 4* like Howard or Devil Dino, (specifically that you can't draw covers for them or acquire them during normal play)

If so, is there any point in keeping her?

I have to recruit Winter Soldier and need to decide between selling Kate Bishop, Devil Dino (2/2/3) or my Vision (3/4/5)
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    eckorock wrote:
    Does anyone know if this character will be a junk / trophy 4* like Howard or Devil Dino, (specifically that you can't draw covers for them or acquire them during normal play)

I have to recruit Winter Soldier and need to decide between selling Kate Bishop, Devil Dino (2/2/3) or my Vision (3/4/5)

There has been no indication that Kate is a trophy character (maybe pizza dog will be the trophy whenever he shows up!). Assume that she is in the rotation.

As for who to sell, Winter Soldier and kate are fairly similarly placed in the meta. Both are strong but not top tier. Kate does a bit more damage, and does it directly, but Bucky has ap theft. They are both worth keeping in the long run.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eckorock wrote:

There has been no mention of limited availability like there was with the Dino and the Duck. I assume she'll be available in tokens when season XXIX starts, around July 1st.
  • eckorock
    eckorock Posts: 10
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    eckorock wrote:

There has been no indication that Kate is a trophy character (maybe pizza dog will be the trophy whenever he shows up!). Assume that she is in the rotation.

As for who to sell, Winter Soldier and kate are fairly similarly placed in the meta. Both are strong but not top tier. Kate does a bit more damage, and does it directly, but Bucky has ap theft. They are both worth keeping in the long run.

I understand,
    the main indication that I have seen is that she's not available for draw on Legendary tokens! That is a pretty worrying sign.

In answer to my other question, is it actually worth keeping my Devil Dinosaur (2/2/3) for any reason?
  • kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    eckorock wrote:
    I understand,
    the main indication that I have seen is that she's not available for draw on Legendary tokens! That is a pretty worrying sign.

In answer to my other question, is it actually worth keeping my Devil Dinosaur (2/2/3) for any reason?

New characters aren't placed into the legendary token pool until the end of the season. At least that's what I have been told. As far as I know though, she is not a trophy character.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    New characters get folded into the token pool at the start of the first full season after they were introduced. Kate should be in the pool in a little less than 2 weeks.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eckorock wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    eckorock wrote:

I understand,

Anniversary week is comming up in a couple of months so I would say yes. If drop rates are like they were in e 1st anniversary week then you could get a lot more. He is a trophy but if you can get 13 covers you can have fun with him. In the long run he is not needed but if you have the HP keep him.