**** Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) ****

14567810»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    The self damage is a joke at 5 covers, just ignore it.

Boosted to level 415 my Kate does 22K on black, for 2630 self damage.
    She has 40K health.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    2630 adds up when you have to grind out 40 wins...  :(

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

For 40 wins you run Gwen / Gambat.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Dormammu said:

For 40 wins you run Gwen / Gambat.
    Run Spider-Gwen / Gambatt if you're boring and cheap.

Run Kate, 4SL, and a good yellow/green character if possible outside of the required character.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Haha. Yep and I happen to have a 0/3/3 5* Gambit just by chance, and have run him with Kate plenty early on. Eventually it feels like an exploit and cheapens the game experience. We'll have an answer to Gambatt's soon enough I'm sure. 
    But this thread is about Kate, so some posts can be counterproductive to the discussion for oncoming readers.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed her last week and like using her with my also recently champed Mockingbird. When Opportunist fires it doesn't which of Kates abilities get used, the enemy is getting wrecked.

What's her best spec? 5 in Black is mandatory for that damage, but I'm not too sure about the others. Blue is a hefty nuke on a color that doesn't have too many of those, but those strikes on the Purple are excellent as well.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    What's her best spec?
    Kate's one of those characters who doesn't have a bad build. She has a color combination that allows her to fit in on a variety of teams and add punch to your rainbow. When she's boosted she's an absolute terror. My default for her is 3/5/5 but only because her blue is spendy, but her blue also offers the most damage potential and I've set it to 5 depending on who she's with.