Avengers' Battle Kit (possible new purchase) - now w/ Poll!

12346»

Comments

• irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Got the 9.99 offer, said no. More tokens are great, but without significantly more ISO they're just going to sit too low to use.

Give me 1M ISO and I'd probably jump in.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    -A 0.7th of a roster slot
    -3 levels of a 4* over level 200
    -An average of three 2*s and one 3*
    -Two random 4*s (so almost guaranteed an IW or Chulk, though this is admittedly the most attractive feature)
    -Less than 1/12th of a 4* cover, less than 1/72th of a 5* cover.
    (so almost guaranteed an IW or Chulk, though this is admittedly the most attractive feature)

I think it's a little unfair to dismiss Legendary tokens because there's a chance at covers that you don't want/can't use. However I do agree that it's probably currently the best feature of the package. Your analysis on the other items does indicate that all values should probably be bumped up.

HP/CP
    I think the principle problem here is that HP is "more" valuable to a lower tier player (and CP is arguably worth "less" to them), and the reverse applies to high tier players (HP is worth "less" the higher they are). I would guess that the currently suggested HP is designed to be spent on shields/health packs; because HP can also be spent on non-Legendary tokens, they've attempted to tailor the way this HP can be spent by giving a lower amount.

What would I change? I think I'd bump the CP up to 10 - that's half a Classic Token for the big leagues - but also introduce a CP token that's guaranteed 3*'s with a chance at 4*'s (like some kind of mini Classic). And I'd just drop the HP from the pack entirely and replace it with a free roster slot. A free roster slot retains its usefulness for all players, and in this way players can be more naturally guided into spending HP on stuff that's not roster slots. I know that they've traditionally been an evergreen item, but the only players getting "free" roster slots in this scenario are those that have already paid their $9.99 for the month, which means they've already got past the "first sell", and may be inclined to spend more anyway. Yes, this would mean that the roster slot is worth "more" to players with bigger rosters, but that only encourages all players to expand their roster sooner rather than later.

ISO
    Despite all I've said about the tokens, I think the ISO is the hardest item to get right on that list. As many have pointed out, 10k is easily less than a day's worth of ISO for some. Certainly, any player who clears all DDQ nodes is already getting a minimum of 5k ISO a day. That makes the 10k look absolutely paltry. For high end players, that 10k might be enough for ~2 levels on their chosen 4 or 5* character, but for a 2* player, that 10k is going to be a big boost.
    I think a better option would be to change this into a +X% ISO buff that lasts for 30 days (that is, the duration of the "cooldown" before the player can buy the pack again). And quite simply, every time you earn ISO during that time, you gain a bonus amount equal to that percentage. That would help players at all levels "equally" in terms of their need for ISO & ability to earn ISO (both of which should be scaling together anyway). The other benefit in making this a "buff" for the account rather than a dump into the ISO wallet, is that as a buff it's worth 0 ISO if you never play - but it's worth "more" to the player the more that they play. This is an excellent hook to help maintain that player engagement.

As a player, I'd love that percentage to be around 100%. I'd pay $9.99 every 30 days for a roster slot, some CP, a handful of tokens, and a double ISO buff.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Imagine if they created a subscription-only token that let you add whatever cover you wanted to a character.

...you may say I'm dreamer...but I'm not the only one...
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Let's see... 5€ gives you 600 HP or 3200 ISO.

Pay more for less ISO but more HP? Yeah... no...
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    My survey showed 14.99 thru Survey Monkey.
    I'd strongly consider it at 9.99, if there was actually something to use HC on aside from PVP shields and roster slots (of which I have over 15K banked).
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    My survey showed 14.99 thru Survey Monkey.
    I'd strongly consider it at 9.99, if there was actually something to use HC on aside from PVP shields and roster slots (of which I have over 15K banked).

Hero Coins = Buying tokens = ISO / Champion Levels (Sounds like an additional way to earn ISO for those rich in coins icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* player, Steam, $15, nope. Deal breaker for me is the Iso. 10k is just laughing at our pleas to address the shortage.

Give me 500k iso8.png for $15 once a month, and I will cave at least a few times. For $10 I'd likely do it consistently.

The HP/CP/tokens would just be gravy.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Hey D3,

you offer a monthly pack for the price of a month WorldOfWarcraft. Do you really compare your game with WoW? This offer for a mobilgame may be ok for 2.99, with a reset of the prologue and double iso for the month its maybe ok for 4.99 (and 1000hp-one rosterslot, and no tokens but 60 cp).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead of a flat amount of iso, make it 1.5x or 2x all the time for subscribers, and i'm in.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Honestly I'd invest $9.99 for that like... every day. Any day. Its a good deal, it almost makes me sad it's not all at once. I'd buy like 10 of them.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Hey D3,

you offer a monthly pack for the price of a month WorldOfWarcraft. Do you really compare your game with WoW? This offer for a mobilgame may be ok for 2.99, with a reset of the prologue and double iso for the month its maybe ok for 4.99 (and 1000hp-one rosterslot, and no tokens but 60 cp).
    WoW is like... $12.99 if you buy in a year bulk, and until 3 months from now you're doing 14 month old content.

This is $9.99 and a completely optional buy-in for some rewards that, given the actual goods you receive, is 100% worth it's weight and then some.

It's kinda not correct to compare the two, and defeats your point of them trying to compare themselves to WoW.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Blahahah wrote:
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Hey D3,

WoW is like... $12.99 if you buy in a year bulk, and until 3 months from now you're doing 14 month old content.

This is $9.99 and a completely optional buy-in for some rewards that, given the actual goods you receive, is 100% worth it's weight and then some.

It's kinda not correct to compare the two, and defeats your point of them trying to compare themselves to WoW.

I was asked to buy a pack for 14.99, not 9.99. Well, you are actual buying 14 month old content but with "legion" even new players can get to the top. In this game you can buy as a new player offers for 2.000 and will never get to the top.
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I got 9.99 and said yes. As a casual player still in the beginning of a 4 star transition, 2 extra LT tokens a month with the 9cp that I could probably use to earn enough for a 3rd LT by the end of the month is worth it to me, at least until I can field enough 4 stars to be competitive in PvP. The HP is nice, and I could put that to use once I can PVP well enough to need shields. The ISO is laughable, I haven't even started leveling 4 stars but 10,000 wouldn't even put a dent in my 3 stars. Would like that to be higher. Could care less about the heroic tokens.

So considering what other things in game costs 9.99 is a good value for what is listed, even if more ISO could take it from "purchase some months, when I want easy LTs and am feeling lazy" To "Purchase every month because it's a good source of ISO, which is always needed."

If I had gotten the 14.99 offer I would have said no. More ISO would have to be included to get me to go up another 5$ and it'd have to be substantially more.