Avengers' Battle Kit (possible new purchase) - now w/ Poll!

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those saying

I seen 9.99 i seen 14.99 maybe they are going to be two different plans

14.99 a month ONE time
    or
    9.99 monthly fee

700 heropointsbig.png
    10000 iso8big.png
    2 token_legendary.png
    4 token_heroic.png
    9 commandpointsbig.png

maybe make it into 2 either that or

300 HP
    50,000 ISO
    2 leg tokens
    4 herico
    9 pts

would i buy it at
    14.99 NOPE
    9.99 NOPE
    4.99 NOPE
    2.99 NOPE
    .99 cents maybe
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I'm on Android and I was offered $14.99. As stated in the recent post, like most games I know of casual players are what keep games going much like casual sports fans.

Any deal floated will not please everyone and it certainly won't cater to the minority of players. I'm on day 94 with 70 slots with at least 1 cover for every 3* except IF and Cap. And weirdly enough, I have 5 covers for HB so he's more than likely going to catch up and surpass any 3* I would want to champ. (No champed 3* yet but hulk may make that by next week.)

I think the game does a bad job at dispersing ISO which I badly need now being that 3* and the 4* I'm starting to get need it. This game lacks a catch up mechanism for new casuals and more hardcore newbies like myself. This package serves a few purposes.

1. It most likely creates more transactions across the board.

2. It makes a great catchup mechanism and fast forward to more covers that early to mid game players need.

3. New players would be almost be unhindered in having covers expire with this new plan. Since covers don't cost 700 a piece until I believe past 50-60. (Memory is foggy on this and this helps shielding for PvP.)

4. It injects ISO but this really is trash. For a very new player or even very casual low level this is an amazing amount.

For me right now this is a small help but not nearly what I'd expect from a monthly subscription or what will invariably be too small once new players reach the 60-90 day mark. This needs to be about 25k (or more like up to 50k) and we can talk and even then $9.99 is where is stop seeing as how I can't do it more than once a month. I usually make two Logan's loonies a month on avg but I've halted that since the ISO and current prizes makes my efforts worthless. (This is obviously even more of a problem for vet players longer in the tooth than me)

I think the issue with doling out the amounts right away is the potential of skewing the haves and have nots in the events even further.

It's funny that I started a subscription thread about 2 weeks ago that had a lot of good ideas and some rejection. Maybe they are paying attention??
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    for the mid-tier players that want to spend, this will rush them right into the brick wall of iso shortage in no time.
  • To he'll with this Battle Kit nonsense. Fix the fundamental flaw in the game and reduce (drastically) the price of basic resources. The further I progress in this game, the less I am spending. Nothing purchased for 5 months. I honestly cannot believe that people are spending £80 for a small amount of HP or Iso, you can buy 2 or 3 console games for this price, Are people mad, stupid or both ?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're obviously A/B testing the survey. If just as many people (or just enough) people are as favorable to the $14.99 price point as the $9.99 one, then obviously they will elect to go with that. If everyone shoots that one down but people respond well to the $9.99 price point, then they'd go with that one.

If this is a once a month deal, I personally think the numbers should be altered to at least:

1,000 HP (the max cost of a new roster slot. Heck, maybe they should just throw in the roster slot)
    50,000 ISO (10K is a joke, even 50K does little in this shortage)
    5 Legendary Tokens (two is nice, but adding three more a month is hardly hurting anything)
    10 Hero Tokens (8 out of 10 of them will always be 2-stars, probably Daken or Human Torch, so why be stingy? If we're sticking to 4, I would prefer the tokens to be for a special once-a-month vault that doesn't include any 2-stars, health packs/boosts... 3-stars and up only, no ISO reward lower than 10K, no HP reward lower than 1,000 HP. )
    20 Command Points.

That for $9.99? I'd bite every month.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    3. New players would be almost be unhindered in having covers expire with this new plan. Since covers don't cost 700 a piece until I believe past 50-60. (Memory is foggy on this and this helps shielding for PvP.)

If they get that HP when they need it. Would certainly suck to have a cover expiring in 10 days, and have to wait 12 to get enough HP from this system.
    It's funny that I started a subscription thread about 2 weeks ago that had a lot of good ideas and some rejection. Maybe they are paying attention??

Given the developers' track record, if something like this is being presented in a survey then chances are that it's been in the works for a while already. My "thoughts" on the subject would be that this sort of VIP system has been in development way longer than that thread. (You might notice that my "thoughts" on that thread were eerily similar to what's being presented here)
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    PC Steam here and I was offered $9.99 to purchase rewards that are paid over the month. Said nothing about monthly subscription.

I of course voted no because other than the 2 Legendary tokens, nothing was even close to worth to paying for in that package. 10,000 iso over a month is basically nothing and I sure am not buying it for the HP or Heroic tokens. 9 Command points isn't anything either. I told them I would rather spend money for just plain iso at a reasonable level.

Let me buy 90,000 iso for $7.50 once per month (rolling month is fine so that people can't load up on iso at the end of a month and the beginning of a new one). That comes out to 3,000 iso per day at .25 cents cost per day. I would buy that every month. If they want higher daily revenue they can offer packages like 150,000 (5,000 iso per day) for $12 at .40 cents cost per day etc.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa wrote:
    ...I told them I would rather spend money for just plain iso at a reasonable level.

What would that level be?

I edited my original post to detail as you responded icon_e_biggrin.gif

I thought how much would I pay for a set amount of iso8.png on a daily basis and came up to I would spend .25 cents a day to basically provide extra iso. I would love more bang for the buck but based on how iso is currently priced I doubted the devs would go any further than what I proposed in reality, so that is how I came up with it. I think you would have to offer multiple packages though as 90,000 iso wouldn't even be enough for higher tier players. The devs are always looking at average revenue per day on mobile games like this so that is why I broke it down on daily cost (aka revenue for devs).
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    TLCstormz wrote:
    WHY WOULD THEY NOT MENTION THIS TO US, ON HERE???!?!?!?

Like....OMG.....these people are so so so bizarre.
    Maybe so they could get some "real" data on what people's preferences are before everyone discovers that there are two separate prices and then everyone who gets the $14.99 price immediately says "NO".

But even further than that, I just don't understand why they'd take a suggestion that many, many people on here have been begging for FOR YEARS, that they so far have never even so much as ACKNOWLEDGED OR COMMENTED ON......and then randomly drop a very, very specific questionnaire about it DIRECTLY into the game........

Again : so bizarre.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    TxMoose wrote:
    for the mid-tier players that want to spend, this will rush them right into the brick wall of iso shortage in no time.

They'll end up there eventually no matter what.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine was 14.99. I'm in Australia and have purchased stuff in the past.

I said no, of course. Laughably bad offerings; pitiful ISO, pitiful CP, not even enough HP to buy a damn roster spot. And the Heroics just made me icon_rolleyes.gif

They're so out of touch.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    50,000 ISO (10K is a joke, even 50K does little in this shortage)

I said that 1 million ISO a month would've been a more lucrative deal. I grind about 13K a day; spread over 30 days, that's 390K, and if you want me to pay -- and a subscriber fee, no less -- then you're going to have to do better than an extra (10000 / 30) = 333 ISO a day.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    haven't read the entire thread, and haven't gotten the poll. But here is my take on the idea of a subscription plan.

I am a 4* transition player. I have 4 4* champs and several more 4*s at 12 or 13 covers languishing below lvl 200 for lack of iso. I have about 25 3* champs and have been slowly champing the stragglers (all around lvl 120). I do not yet have any 5*s in a usable state, though my best (phoenix at 2/2/2) is close.

Even at $9.99 per month, the package is entirely unappealing to me.

There are really only 3 resources in the game that really interest me at all any longer:

(1) Iso to champ my remaining cover maxed 3*s and 4*s
    (2) CP to spend on Classic Legendary Tokens (My OML is only 0/1/0)
    (3) 1k PVP covers for prized 4*s (still need covers for top tiers and like JG, Iceman, Cyclops, Nova, Quake, Rulk)

(note: Regular LTs and tokens are nice, and occasionally give me a 4* cover that I need (like the random Heroic Token last night that gave me a Rulk purpleflag.png), but they are far too unreliable to be of any real interest. Classic LTs aren't great, but they are the only way to get OML now, so they remain a high priority.)

Taking those three resources in reverse order:

With 4 champed 4*s, including an IMHB and a 4* thor, I can basically get 1k in any PVP even that I choose using strong/fast teams like imhb/if and IM40/4*thor. So that resource is already covered (pun intended), but I could use more strong 4*s to help me get there easily every event.

the 1300 PVP CP reward takes too much time and HP to be worth it for me. So I rely on PVE and daily rewards to get CP. it's a slog, but the best option available for me. 9cp a month just aren't enough to interest me when PVE grinding will yield 39-64 a week. (note to demiurge: the solution to this is NOT to raise the bar on CP grinding in PVE to make 9cp a month seem attractive! That will just make me stop playing PVE, as i did for the first few PVE scaling tests.)

Finally, 10k iso/month is a pitiful sum for me. My iso needs are well in excess of 2million, and that number will hit 2.5mil as soon I pull 13th and final covers for antman, carnage, and IW. An extra 333 iso per day does nothing for me.

So overall, this package is not really compelling for me at all. It doens't enough enough of the resources I truly care about to justify its expense. Perhaps if it offered 100cp,350,000 Iso. I would consider spending something like $10-15/month for 5 classic LTs and enough iso to level a 4*.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    On Android in the US, got the $14.99 option, and said no. I would have been more inclined to say yes given current in-game costs (iso and hp) if it was:

$9.99 for
    100,000 ISO
    1,000 HP (or a free slot)
    50 CP
    No PVP skip taxes for the month or 30 days from purchase
    Ability to sell reward boosts for ISO (ok, that might be pushing it)

Heroic tokens don't matter to me at this point, so 0 or 4 is fine.

I would also prefer more CP (and no LTs) so I can choose which LT to get (or God forbid save up to buy that last 13th cover that just never seems to come by)

I would also want this as a pay as you want (once per month) and not a subscription.
  • Hoho69
    Hoho69 Posts: 48
    Yes I agree to this bundle, I think its great for veteran players like me with good rosters. and I think its even better as it can boost up new players....so they dont get pissed off by teh long grind they have to do and give up.

We need more new blood in the game to keep it going and make it better.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    so I already laughed off D3's offer for $9.99

I would, however, heavily consider that package for $4.99. I'd even consider getting it every month! This coming from a very light spender (day 572, and purchased two Loonies at full price during the +30% bonus events or whatever they were, and then the one Loonies for $4.99 not that long ago).

if they dropped it to a reasonable cost, I bet they'd actually hook way more buyers and make more money even at the lower price point
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoho69 wrote:
    I think its great for veteran players like me with good rosters.

icon_e_confused.gif

How so?
  • Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    In Canada, on Android, offered the 14.99 package and said no.

I don't hate the concept of a subscription pack but right now it's really of no use to me. What I need is Iso to level up some of my current roster. It just seems like a waste of time to keep adding characters that I either only have one cover for or that I can't do anything with since they're so under-leveled. I actually stopped spending money on this game because of the Iso catch up that I need to do and this package doesn't really help with that in any meaningful way.
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Post vanished thanks to this site not keeping me logged in. The short and sweet is that devs have to keep the unintended consequences of anything they do to a minimum while balancing all players types.

The sticking point for any plan really is the ISO and to a lesser extent the price since most seem to be fine with the rest of the offering. I hope no matter what they do it's understood that in game ISO that's earned still needs an increase.

I really wish some kind of formatting were introduced so that rewards could be tailored to rosters.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoho69 wrote:
    Yes I agree to this bundle, I think its great for veteran players like me with good rosters. and I think its even better as it can boost up new players....so they dont get pissed off by teh long grind they have to do and give up.

We need more new blood in the game to keep it going and make it better.

How is it good for veterans? While slightly better than other available options, it's not even a drop in a bucket of what we need:

-A 0.7th of a roster slot
    -3 levels of a 4* over level 200
    -An average of three 2*s and one 3*
    -Two random 4*s (so almost guaranteed an IW or Chulk, though this is admittedly the most attractive feature)
    -Less than 1/12th of a 4* cover, less than 1/72th of a 5* cover.

"All that" spread to subatomic thinness over a month. In the meantime, beginner players do get a big leg up, getting a chance to randomly get 5*s without effort and skip completely tiers of transition.

Any offer that is not a multiplier adjusted to either roster or days played is a terrible proposition:

-Beginner players get something like currently offered, perhaps without LTs and replacing the 4 heroic tokens with standard ones
    -Intermediate players get 2x resources (ISO, HP, CP) and 4 heroic tokens, plus 1 classic LT
    -Advanced players get 3x resources and 4 tokens that give 3*s minimum, plus 2 classic LTs
    -Elite players get 4x resources, 4 classic LTs, plus 2 latest LTs