Avengers' Battle Kit (possible new purchase) - now w/ Poll!

Comments

• illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    When i honestly saw this i thought new game feature. I thought something new with the content of the game. I really didn't think it was them trying to pawn off more buying or paying for items. I really wanted the survey to ask about new content. oh well. its all about the business of making money.

Regardless, my android amount was 14.99. 9 cp sounds good, but does the alliance get any from this? what happens to the cp from the higher amounts? Will those increase as well. Probably not, just assuming it should. 10k iso, does not belong here, since i can earn that in one day of pve. 25k - 50k iso, different story.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    When LT's were introduced, wasn't part of the point that they evened the chances of getting 5*s for everyone since they wouldn't be available for purchase (i.e. whales just couldn't load up on them)? Of course, that changed a bit once LTs were added to 40-packs, but this bundle would make it much easier for the whales.

It wouldn't. You get all of these rewards over the course of a month, not immediately. And even if you did it's a 1/month purchase. An extra 2 leg tokens a month is nothing to real whales and buyers clubs.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor

Second, did anyone else notice that it said you'd collect these awards "Throughout the month"?

I completely missed that. If its a subscription like deal, then no go, even if it was $4.99. When I do spend money on this game its when I'm in a game pinch or a spur of the moment impulse when money is good. I've already got a trickle of better prizes from Daily Rewards at this point (day 937).
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    This deal is just trying to nickel and dime us. I get 0 sense of progression buying this. 10k ISO is like 2 levels. Heroics and HP are worthless. LT is meh.

I'd consider this deal if a 5* was thrown in and ISO was bumped to ~50k
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    alvinlal wrote:
    When i honestly saw this i thought new game feature. I thought something new with the content of the game. I really didn't think it was them trying to pawn off more buying or paying for items. I really wanted the survey to ask about new content. oh well. its all about the business of making money.
    I thought something similar when I saw the in game pop up: "Ooo! New Feature!"
    While I said above that I was intrigued by the deal, I was disappointed that it wasn't some new mode of game play or something.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    More seriously, if you're going to offer a subscription, it should be percentage-based, at least in regards to iso, to encourage players to play more, and be able to see said subscription supercharge their progress.

Agreed 100%. They should be offering the following for $9.99 a month:

1) ISO bonus based on your resupply anniversary date. Day 0-365 normal ISO reward. Day 366-720 double ISO reward. Day 721-1095 triple ISO reward and so on.
    2) Resupply Token upgrade based on you resupply anniversary date. Day 0-365 normal. Day 366+ all Standard resupply tokens are instead Heroic and all Heroic resupply tokens are instead Legendary.
    3) Opened covers never expire (if you stop renewing your subscription all covers start the normal 14 day count down).
    4) Loaner Character for all PvE/DDQ essentials. So if you are missing the required character for one of the essential nodes (eg. Rocket&Groot in current PvE) you get a loaner 1/1/1 in the same manner you do in PvP.

#4 helps veteran players because they can free up roster slots by dropping useless 2* characters. It helps new players because they can do essential nodes in PvE and more importantly win a 2nd Taco token in DDQ and do the Big Enchilada so they can start rostering 3*s even when they aren't lucky enough to get that 3* from a token.

More importantly this subscription doesn't infringe on buying HP or ISO (like anyone does that icon_lol.gif)

KGB
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect these would be additional rewards per day, in addition to the scheduled stark supplies.

If we use 30-day months instead of calendar months, the rewards could break out like this:

3 days of 100 HP
    8 days of 50 HP
    10 days of 1000 ISO
    2 days of 1 LT
    4 days of 1 HT
    3 days of 3 CP

While personally I'd rather get the ISO all at once, and more of it (the heroic tokens in particular don't excite me), I'm fine with increasing the rate of CPs and LTs slightly over time. I'd buy this for $10.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2016
    When LT's were introduced, wasn't part of the point that they evened the chances of getting 5*s for everyone since they wouldn't be available for purchase (i.e. whales just couldn't load up on them)? Of course, that changed a bit once LTs were added to 40-packs, but this bundle would make it much easier for the whales.
    2 tokens a month isn't much easier in any world where RNG rule.

we are at the point where the 4* DDQ thing should be every day just like the 3 star, and it would still take for ever to get all the covers with random draws, and even longer to get the iso. 2 tokens are basically meaningless to the whales o.O (heck if they feel like that is way to much chance at 5 stars just make a new token that gurantees a 3 star with like a 25% chance at a 4 star that you can get every day but the current 4* ddq event, as it would also then help people build up their 3 star champs a bit faster)

I mean at the current rate of character release even with perfect draws you need at least 26 draws a month (as there are at least 2 characters a month, usually 3 right now with 2 4* and 1 5* which is 39 draws per month.)
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    If you could promise me that I'm not getting duplicates from those Legendary Tokens, then we can talk. Considering I just spent 40 CP last night and got two duplicates, I'm now wary of losing out again.
  • kevsmart
    kevsmart Posts: 10
    Not enough reward for the money IMO. I voted no.

700 heropointsbig.png Ok I guess. 700 is at least 7/10 of a roster spot so I guess I can see that.
    10000 iso8big.png Pitifully small amount. As some have said before this would need to be at least 10x.
    2 token_legendary.png The real heroes here. Though really it should probably be 25cp so people can choose which legend pool they want to pick from.
    4 token_heroic.png Heroic tokens are terrible. There is nothing heroic about getting a 2*. Maybe useful if changed to always give at least a 3*.
    9 commandpointsbig.png Sure. Make the whole thing 34cp instead though.

This is nothing but another blatant money grab that does very little to alleviate the game's biggest issues (ISO shortage, too many 4* and not enough sources, poor rewards/effort ratio, character balance). Put more effort into having a quality game rather than just existing to make a buck and I'd reconsider.

(Yes I understand they are a company that exists to make money. There are plenty of f2p games out there that I have no problems throwing money at when I don't feel like they are actively trying to screw me out of those dollars.)
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    BigRussian wrote:
    Americans on IOS/Android will (probably) be offered 9.99...

American on Android and I got $14.99.

I have a background in research, and this is absolutely an A/B test. There is obviously some internal debate over whether $10 or $15 is the proper price point so they're attempting to project likely sales under each scenario.

While it is universally true that everyone prefers $10 over $15, from an economic standpoint $10 is only the better price if Salesi * 9.99 >= (Salesii * 14.99) - ((Salesi - Salesii) * 5).
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    BigRussian wrote:
    Peeps, the difference in price is (probably) based on the region in which you live and what platform you play.

Americans on IOS/Android will (probably) be offered 9.99...

Canadians on IOS/android would be up to 14.99.. I know Canadians on ios pay more for their HP purchases, while Canadians on google play, pay a couple bucks less... ($119.99 for stark on android and $139.99 on IOS)

Thoughts?

I don't think the prices in the survey are region based. Mine showed $14.99. I'm on Android in the US.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    $10 is an important psychological boundary. I think they'd do better selling a $10 package and a $5 package with the ability to buy both than they would selling one $15 package.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said no to $15.

I don't know if I'd have said yes to $10. Maybe.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    $10 for all those bonus

PLUS

Double ISO for a month?

Then, we might be talking...
    658 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Yeah, this wouldn't be a bad deal by current game standards, but I would never feel good about 10k iso. Seems so stingy. To have me put this on recurring, I would want more like 50k iso. 50k iso is like 15 levels, still a drop in the bucket. I wouldn't go over $9.99 either.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I voted no as well. Where my roster is, I don't need too many 4 star covers, need a ton of 5 star covers, and a ton of ISO. With the luck I've had with Legendary Tokens, the only guaranteed value would be the ISO, and I need millions, not thousands, to level what I have now. If there was a major ISO increase, or a 5 star cover per month, maybe, but if they start guaranteeing 5 stars, that will cause other problems.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't logged in yet to see the survey, but no thanks.

The only things that matter to me are CP and ISO. Heroic tokens are useless. LTs are fine I guess, but I'm not getting enough of them to cover a 5* before it gets rotated into classics (just like 99% of everyone I assume), so ultimately they're just a source of 4* covers.

HP is used for so little that I'd rather just buy a chunk of it directly when I need it, since $20 of HP will probably last me 6 months.

That leaves 10k ISO - as others have said, a paltry amount - and 9 CP, less than half of one classic pull. Nah, bro.

I could see someone still building up their 3* roster finding some value here, since the heroic and legendary tokens would be far more useful, but for anyone beyond that this seems like a pretty bad deal.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't vote, though maybe I should...

I don't know. I'm already sitting on 179cp because I'm just not redeeming it for anything. I have all but 4 4*s cover maxed and don't have the iso to level up the ones I want to (not even including the iso for the 5s).

I really can't justify cashing any of them in for more LTs until I have the characters I want to champ, champed. CP's don't have a timer.

This proposal does not seem to help that as of yet.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    $9.99

for THAT ?!?!?!?!?!?1

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif